The Chinese coronavirus

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
mgentry90
Car(s): Fiesta, laser ( under modification )

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by mgentry90 »

the Worst part (ok maybe not the worst but pretty close) is how everyone has gone on a mental shopping spree. I can't even go into my local coop to get some butter to make my children sandwiches because some twat has bought it all. I can't buy more than one bottle of fizz pop as that's been limited to 2 per person. Has everyone just filled their homes up with as much food as they can? Even the random shite you find on the shelves and just walk past has been bought!!

I went to cool at 10am this morning to get some much needed groceries and a kind old man informed me I wouldn't be allowed in as it's pensioners time until 11am. I bet it was him who had all of the butter... barstord!
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

I am trying to avoid news and social meeja coz it’s just like a misery loop of people guffing on about same shit over and over. BUT there was some bird from a retail trade body on radio who said there’s extra £1 billion of groceries stashed away in people’s houses this week. Mind boggling.

A friend of mine down the road is self isolating cos him and his wife both have headache cough and fever this week so are 99% certain they’ve had it. Anyway I did some shopping for them yesterday afternoon and even from when I did my own normal Saturday shop earlier in the day, Waitrose was stripped. Disgraceful. Among other stuff he wanted eggs and I went round 3 supermarkets and 2 corner shops with out luck. Bloody ridiculous. His wife had been out at midnight one night in the week down to 24hr Tesco, to get some stuff and keep away from people but it was empty so she gave up, hence by weekend they were out of milk and fruit.

</rant>
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Interestingly, China appear to be containing the crisis much better than the Europeans.
China has seen 81,054 confirmed cases out of a population of 1.379 billion, compared with Italy who have had 59,138 cases and a population of less than 60 million. However, China currently has only 5,549 confirmed active cases whereas the number is 46,638 in Italy. In short, according to the official statistics, the cases in China have levelled off for the past month or so, whereas Italy is on a rapidly uphill climb.
The scary thing is, if you compare the stats day on day, we're around 7 days behind what has happened in Italy.

If it's relevant, China has a population density of 145 people per square kilometer, Italy 206 people per sq km and the UK has 279.

Andrew.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Noel wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:59 am Schools shutting, so got to find kids something to do once they've sat and done an hour of times tables and spelling every morning.

IMG_20200320_092753268.jpg

Question is have I got enough paint! Or the ability to leave them to it, cos most airfix they've done I can't help from interfering and making sure its done 'right' !
I'm thinking I might get this finished :)

ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

andyd wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:38 pm removing the chimney in the attic :roll:
To make room for something worthwhile? ;)

stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

mgentry90 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 pm Has everyone just filled their homes up with as much food as they can? Even the random shite you find on the shelves and just walk past has been bought!!
No, to be fair, I`m sure this couple have stomach troubles???

A17 LTF
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.1 pinto, Skoda Octavia Mk1 VRS

Post by A17 LTF »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:01 pm Interestingly, China appear to be containing the crisis much better than the Europeans.
China has seen 81,054 confirmed cases out of a population of 1.379 billion, compared with Italy who have had 59,138 cases and a population of less than 60 million. However, China currently has only 5,549 confirmed active cases whereas the number is 46,638 in Italy. In short, according to the official statistics, the cases in China have levelled off for the past month or so, whereas Italy is on a rapidly uphill climb.
The scary thing is, if you compare the stats day on day, we're around 7 days behind what has happened in Italy.

If it's relevant, China has a population density of 145 people per square kilometer, Italy 206 people per sq km and the UK has 279.

Andrew.
Initial reports suggested 3 weeks, then 2. If its down to a week then its going to be quite a rollercoaster week ahead.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

A17 LTF wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 am Initial reports suggested 3 weeks, then 2. If its down to a week then its going to be quite a rollercoaster week ahead.
It will be a challenging week ahead, that's for sure. Although I may have got that particular figure wrong - it seems the trend for confirmed cases in the UK is around 14 days behind Italy. Sorry if I worried you unnecessarily!

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:07 pm Image
That's an amazing layout. Is that in your attic, Peter?
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:50 pm
mgentry90 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 pm Has everyone just filled their homes up with as much food as they can? Even the random shite you find on the shelves and just walk past has been bought!!
No, to be fair, I`m sure this couple have stomach troubles???

This is disgusting and really boils my p*ss :banghead: I would have to say something as it's plain selfish!!

I would rather the supermarkets say 1 item per person at least we all have something rather than nothing.

Off to Tesco this morning to try and get dog food and a few bits we couldn't find Friday. Wish me luck!
A17 LTF
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.1 pinto, Skoda Octavia Mk1 VRS

Post by A17 LTF »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:05 am
A17 LTF wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 am Initial reports suggested 3 weeks, then 2. If its down to a week then its going to be quite a rollercoaster week ahead.
It will be a challenging week ahead, that's for sure. Although I may have got that particular figure wrong - it seems the trend for confirmed cases in the UK is around 14 days behind Italy. Sorry if I worried you unnecessarily!

Andrew.
Its not you thats worrying me! Its the people who seem to think they can go to the seaside, countryside and any other tourist hotspots and think its not going to affect them or anybody else they come ckose to! Not to mention the mass gatherings at thw supermarkets! Hence why the country will pay the price for their ignorance in the next coming weeks.
mgentry90
Car(s): Fiesta, laser ( under modification )

Post by mgentry90 »

A17 LTF wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:20 am

Andrew.
Its not you thats worrying me! Its the people who seem to think they can go to the seaside, countryside and any other tourist hotspots and think its not going to affect them or anybody else they come ckose to! Not to mention the mass gatherings at thw supermarkets! Hence why the country will pay the price for their ignorance in the next coming weeks.

Exactly, "let's go camping or caravaning to self isolate" (along side everyone else who is camping to self isolate.. the only place you can isolate is in your home where you can shut the doors and tell people to bugger off through the letter box
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew.
Christ I got out my rubber pants out at the weekend thinking it would save on washing liquid if we are only a week away but I have sort of got use to them now so it’s ok :lol:

That’s a great train set and model peter now 12 weeks locked up that should be finished in six weeks :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Nice flipping layout!
15849591330602930979701372641459.jpg

Think the peeps on our layout need to start self isolating more. This bbq is a big no no, tsk tsk haven't they heard??
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

A17 LTF wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:20 am Its the people who seem to think they can go to the seaside, countryside and any other tourist hotspots and think its not going to affect them or anybody else they come ckose to! Not to mention the mass gatherings at thw supermarkets! Hence why the country will pay the price for their ignorance in the next coming weeks.
That`s it in a nutshell. Why the selfish hoarding wasn`t stamped on straight away, is beyond me.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:57 pm

I'm thinking I might get this finished :)

Wow that was quick Peter :lol: :lol:

Imageupload an image
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:07 pm

I love that ozoney smell!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Noel wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:30 am Nice flipping layout!
I spy a Capri! :)
That's another brilliantly detailed layout/diorama. I love that sort of stuff but I haven't got the patience to make one for myself.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:07 pm

:sorry: Peter only just saw this.

Sadly no, it will just make room for more stuff we don't really need and the Mrs doesn't like to ged rid of :?

As a boy we had a trainset in the bedroom that was set up on a couple of internal doors so it didn't have to be totally dismantled everytime we put it away. I think Dad had more fun than me, I preferred scalextric which again takes up alot of room.

Great set up you have there and the model planes too, did many of them in the 70's :D Probably make a right mess of it now even with glasses :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:26 pm Wow that was quick Peter :lol: :lol:

Imageupload an image
:lol:
Pinto power eh? I had been thinking more on the lines of