Must be spring!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Must be spring!

Post by Peter-S »

[/img]So the the sun was out today, bit of a breeze but quite pleasant. We'd nipped out for the essential shopping - cat litter (got to keep him happy, never know when he might come in useful eh Jason!), I'd cut the grass so then what - everything is shut. So I took the cover off the 2.8 to end her winter hibernation. Needs a bit of a polish but started first time and ran up to temperature. She might get a run out Wednesday as we need two cars that day but seemingly not going anywhere much after that :roll:

ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Must be spring!

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looking good yes don’t know if our cars will get much use , i wonder how long garages will stay open for MOTs as my son car is due May and said to him today perhaps get it done sooner .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Looking good Peter!
A nice autoglym now while weather is good :)

Not taxing mine until I have plans hopefully later summer when a few shows may happen. Trying to arrange a non official meet up with a few locals late June with enough room to keep safe distances, and to give the car a run as I don't like leaving them this long don't think it does them any good, so see how that goes, or might just tax for a month for a few drives around although not really keen on that rather have a destination at the end of it.

If garages do close, getting an MOT will be an issue, was thinking same thing the other day. Mine is due May but not taxing just for that, but hopefully my planned works will cover that :)

:goodluck:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Looking good as always!
It's always a great feeling to get our Capris out after the long winter hibernation.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:49 am
It's always a great feeling to get our Capris out after the long winter hibernation.

Andrew.
At times like this it makes you think should we drive them more whatever the weather :headscratch: No :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:15 am At times like this it makes you think should we drive them more whatever the weather :headscratch: No :lol:
Personally, I'm happy to wait until all the salt has been washed off the roads.
Besides, absence makes the heart grow fonder. It makes that first drive after the winter even more special.

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Nice one Peter. Great photo mate. Looking superb fella :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
A17 LTF
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.1 pinto, Skoda Octavia Mk1 VRS

Post by A17 LTF »

Ive used my car more in the last 3 days than i have in the last 6 months. Been a pleasure considering the crap weather we have had and the current conditions we are experiencing.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Looking good Peter. Drove mine out of garage to have a tidy up then drove it all the way back in again! Not taxed yet, hoping to get some drives in soon.
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Looks really great. Good to hear cars coming out again.
Got mine out, cleaned dizzy cap out and rotor arm, gave the eldest a new set of plugs and he made a good job of fitting them. He even superglued the bonnet support rubbers back in - they’re always falling off. Nice work and no superglued fingers!

Had a drive round this afternoon, saw a Testarossa and an M100 Elan, and that was in about 20 mins. Lots of people out killing time in classics I reckon!
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Got mine out for run on the local A roads for half an hour today, half a dozen other classics out & about, kudos goes to a guy in an Austin A30, all standard looking but bugger me, he wasn't hanging about, 60mph in one of those things isn't my idea of fun !!!

Quick change into my leathers & my old CBR600 got woken from its slumber too, similar route completed a little bit quicker though ;)