The Chinese coronavirus

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by stevemarl »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:54 am I can remember regular calls telling me her garage roof had come off as it was new to her nearly every day.
It`s a good point Peter. As you know my Mum had Alzheimers so I can identify with this. Sadly for her she`d also forgotten that my Dad had died. Stupidly, at first we`d tell her, but then she was just finding out he`d died every day, so in the end when she asked "what`s George doing " we`d just say he was having a lie down and she`d be happy with that. Bloody awful disease and anyone who`s just on the cusp of coping is really going to struggle with this.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Just thinking about the possibility of over 70s going into isolation. Shouldn`t imagine that will pose any problems for many...
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Chuck Norris has got the virus. The virus is now in quarantine for two weeks.

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Lidl and Tesco were really busy at 09.00 this morning, and Iceland had hardly any frozen items, about 80% had gone.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Going mad our postman said many people were queuing to get in our sainsbury today before it opened .
Notice this car show is cancelled.

Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:51 pm Going mad our postman said many people were queuing to get in our sainsbury today before it opened .
The first of many I bet.

Andrew.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:51 pm Going mad our postman said many people were queuing to get in our sainsbury today before it opened .
Yep, same here, they were queuing outside the Sainsburys at 7.30. Deb went to Altrincham this afto and in both Tesco & Sainsburys the shelves had been stripped (and theses are BIG stores) of toilet roll, tissues, water, any cleaning materials, meat (?) - just random things have been completely cleared out. She said it was like someting out of a Zombie apocalypse.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:47 pm
Yep, same here, they were queuing outside the Sainsburys at 7.30. Deb went to Altrincham this afto and in both Tesco & Sainsburys the shelves had been stripped (and theses are BIG stores) of toilet roll, tissues, water, any cleaning materials, meat (?) - just random things have been completely cleared out. She said it was like someting out of a Zombie apocalypse.
Yes it is like a film , I can’t believe boris Johnson is keeping schools open but saying don’t go to the pub what a joke :banghead:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:47 pm just random things have been completely cleared out. She said it was like someting out of a Zombie apocalypse.
Just came back from THE zombie apocalypse, Benidorm. The only shelves cleared there were Heineken & Strongbow.. Got caught up in the lockdown & glad to be home. Thing is, before we went, Spain wasn’t even on the radar over here, within a day it became Corona Central. Obviously wouldn’t have gone if it had been reported as Italy had been. Couldn’t believe how many Brits got off the Ryanair flight in Alicante we were catching home, haven’t they seen the news?
As of yet there are no reported cases there but everywhere is closed.
Only Supermarkets & Pharmacies open there now. Got to really praise the staff who go to work in both these situations as they are putting themselves at risk of catching the virus just as much as hospital staff.
Self isolating now for a week as a precaution, hoping there’ll be some bog rolls left when Boris takes similar measures here :turd: :)
A17 LTF
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.1 pinto, Skoda Octavia Mk1 VRS

Post by A17 LTF »

My wife works at the local asda and the shelves are being stripped bare. She doesnt even get a chance to get anything, never mind bulk buy. The local shops are now charging higher prices but that could simply be down to the chain being overcharged from the initial suppliers. Its going to get a lot worse in the next few days...even weeks.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Not since Y2K :roll:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I couldn't even get a box of 6 eggs in my local Morrisons tonight. It looked like a bomb had gone off in the bloody place.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:56 am I couldn't even get a box of 6 eggs in my local Morrisons tonight. It looked like a bomb had gone off in the bloody place.
I overheard that our Tesco has limited 4 tins of baked beans per customer, still bugger all on the shelf and I refuse to pay Heinz price so will go without.

Plenty of alcohol on the shelves just a pity I don't drink it, although the thought of car shows cancelled and locked indoors it's tempting to start :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Glad your home Rob , and it’s 14 days now isolation ,my son who works at a school has been sent home as my other son had a cough lastweek the email said Stay home .
Might get the lawn cut today and trim the wifes bush as it’s sunny out for the first time in 6 months :lol:

Lockdown day one .
Tea bags ok , milk ok , bog rolls been using the cat , :cool:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Why toilet rolls?.Never worked that one out.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Major_Tom wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:49 am Why toilet rolls?.Never worked that one out.
I think it's because if you are ill with this thing (or in isolation) for a couple of weeks, then you can't get out for supplies, so you would simply run out.

It's amazing the things which you get low on when you are ill for just a couple of days.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

pbar wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:01 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:49 am Why toilet rolls?.Never worked that one out.
I think it's because if you are ill with this thing (or in isolation) for a couple of weeks, then you can't get out for supplies, so you would simply run out.

It's amazing the things which you get low on when you are ill for just a couple of days.
Sure but you can use lots of other things. Remember that toilet "paper" we had in school? That taught me we could use rough scratchy paper of any description.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:05 pm
pbar wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:01 pm

Sure but you can use lots of other things. Remember that toilet "paper" we had in school? That taught me we could use rough scratchy paper of any description.
That horrible toilet roll was called Izal, apparenly you can still get it :shock:
Ok for tracing paper but that's all I would use it for :)

Carpark at Lidl was packed again as I drove past just now! Is it the serial panic buyers there again or normal people attempting to get what they couldn't find yesterday :headscratch:
Sadly it makes us all want to pick up more items than we need as next time it may not be available. Vicious circle :roll:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:04 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:51 pm
The first of many I bet.

Andrew.
:agree: I can't see any car shows before June at the earliest :(

So as my Capri needs a handful of jobs doing, I'm going to use some of the time to get them sorted.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:54 am
the proposal to isolate 70+ year olds
I know some very unfit 50 year olds and some very fit 70 year olds.....