Sunroof adjustments

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Brian
Car(s): 1986 ford capri laser 1.6 restoration

Sunroof adjustments

Post by Brian »

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to adjust a sunroof properly mine is not closing and sealing great
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Sunroof adjustments

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Have you changed your mind about fitting an aftermarket pop-up sunroof?
An adjustment procedure is described in the Haynes manual.

:goodluck:

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Ooooh , you should have watched wheeler dealers when they did up a capri . Spent a bit of time with a factory sun roof that sounds like the same issues you have :D
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

There are lots of comments on this and the other forum on the factory sunroofs.
As Capris have been a round a fair few years its inevitable than virtually every question a newcomer to the forum could think of asking has been asked and answered many times before. the search feature is your guide and mentor.

It may be worth contacting Tickover, they have sorted sunroofs for lots of owners who had run out of patience with trying to spot on adjust their sunroof
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Not_Anumber wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:50 pm There are lots of comments on this and the other forum on the factory sunroofs.
As Capris have been a round a fair few years its inevitable than virtually every question a newcomer to the forum could think of asking has been asked and answered many times before. the search feature is your guide and mentor.

It may be worth contacting Tickover, they have sorted sunroofs for lots of owners who had run out of patience with trying to spot on adjust their sunroof
Yes they did mine twice first time was a tube that is at the back fell down , then it Was the Handel was lose and stopped me from closing the roof .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: