New Daily!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

New Daily!

Post by mjcapri »

I actually picked this up on New year's Eve but I haven't had chance to post any photos until now. It's a Fiesta ST Performance Edition, 1 of 600 for the UK only. It's basically a fully specced ST3 (minus panoramic roof) in a not very subtle shade of orange, complete with LSD, ligtweight wheels and it's party piece, a full set of adjustable coilovers. The engine is unchanged from the standard Fiesta ST, a 1.5 three-cylinder with 197 bhp and 214 ft-lb. It has loads of grunt low down and sounds great, much more characterful than Fiona's ST200 (although the latter is a bit quicker in a straight line). I'm really impressed with it so far, even on cold damp roads it has loads of grip and the interior is a nice place to sit (like a small big car rather than a small car if that makes sense). Anyway I took a few pics on my phone....

Retina burning orange:

Interior:

Little 1.5 three-cylinder:

Coilovers (not much room between the tyre and wheel arch!):

:ford:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: New Daily!

Post by pbar »

Very nice. There are a couple of these in my area, they always look like they're having fun driving around. Hope you enjoy it too :)
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Looks nice - I hope you don't get rid of the RS!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

So a move from battleship grey to Sainsbury carrier bag orange :lol:

Very smart Mark, I believe the ST Fiesta gets very good reviews. Hope there's enough room in the back for bbq food and beer :beer:
I'll give it the once over in July if you bring it but must remember my shades :mrgreen:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Very nice , also very orange cant go wrong with a ford :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
mjcapri
Donator
Donator

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Cheers @pbar, lift off oversteer is good fun! It takes some getting used to as it works the opposite to RWD i.e. lift off to bring the back end around, get on the power to straighten up. It does it quite readily especially in the current cold damp conditions....

The RS is staying Danny don’t worry :D . This is supposed to be my sensible car! :xd:

It’s more hi-vis orange Peter, the photos don’t do it justice! With two grey cars I thought I should add some colour! They’re great cars, fortunately the MK8 has picked up where the MK7 left off. I may bring it camping, depends if the RS has had an outing by then....

Thanks Jason, I’m definitely a Ford man!
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Very nice, looks a load of fun & you can enjoy it daily. Easy to find in a car park too :D
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

mjcapri wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:19 am Cheers @pbar, lift off oversteer is good fun! It takes some getting used to as it works the opposite to RWD i.e. lift off to bring the back end around, get on the power to straighten up. It does it quite readily especially in the current cold damp conditions....

The RS is staying Danny don’t worry :D . This is supposed to be my sensible car! :xd:
Had it a month and already trying to kick the arse out on it :lol: :drive:

Glad to hear the RS is sticking around - love that thing :)
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Gotta say Im intrigued by a 1500cc 3 banger with 200 odd ned......thats got to be fun . I have always likes triples , do you know is it a 120 or 180 deg crank ?.
My brother just bought a limited MX5 that looks to be about the same colour. Could be worse , one of Di's friends has a Barbi doll pink RX7 (s1).....thats worse .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
mjcapri
Donator
Donator

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Mc Tool wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:03 pm Gotta say Im intrigued by a 1500cc 3 banger with 200 odd ned......thats got to be fun . I have always likes triples , do you know is it a 120 or 180 deg crank ?.
My brother just bought a limited MX5 that looks to be about the same colour. Could be worse , one of Di's friends has a Barbi doll pink RX7 (s1).....thats worse .
Yes when the MK8 ST was revealed I was also intrigued by the engine. The fact that it offers so much power and is a) reliable and b) tuneable is quite impressive really. Presumably as it’s a 3 cylinder it has 120 degree crank but I can’t confirm for sure. It’s offset though which is also interesting. Also, it drops to 2 cylinders when cruising which I believe is unique, or was when the engine was released. Having owned a 5 cylinder Focus ST as well, I do like the sound generated by an odd number of cylinders, they have character!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Laverda Italian motorbikes made a few triples and some had a 180 deg crank and some had 120 ,each had its advantages ,swings and roundabouts ,opposing teams will argue till armagedon .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh