Remove rear seats

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Bri-e
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1985 Daily driver summer

Remove rear seats

Post by Bri-e »

How do you remove the rear seat backs? Thanks in advance
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Remove rear seats

Post by Peter-S »

Bri-e wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:11 pm How do you remove the rear seat backs? Thanks in advance
Just the carpet covered bit do you mean?
There is a 10mm nut behind a flap of carpet at the bottom. Remove that and the back will pull off.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 pm
Bri-e wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:11 pm How do you remove the rear seat backs? Thanks in advance
There is a 10mm nut behind a flap of carpet at the bottom. Remove that and the back will pull off.
And if they've never been off before you may possibly find the build sheet behind one.
I did on several over the years.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Bug wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:55 pm
Peter-S wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 pm
And if they've never been off before you may possibly find the build sheet behind one.
I did on several over the years.
Mine was made in Saarlous. I might have spelt that wrong.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

How did you get on with removing the seat backs ? What sort of work are you carrying out on the car.

Dont just leave it as 1 post to ask a question. :banghead:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

It's incredibly rude isn't it, ask a question, people take the time to answer, the you just bugger off!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

pbar wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:08 am , then you just bugger off!
Might not be a bad thing .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Not_Anumber wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:19 am How did you get on with removing the seat backs ? What sort of work are you carrying out on the car.

Dont just leave it as 1 post to ask a question. :banghead:
He's stuck in the boot.
Bug

Post by Bug »

pbar wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:08 am It's incredibly rude isn't it, ask a question, people take the time to answer, the you just bugger off!
Happening all over the shop!

Next time, before I right ten paragraphs of detailed assistance I may ask "why? do you really need to know? are you ever going to even acknowledge the time it took me to write this?"

It's a Forum - ' A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.'

Exchanged! Not grabbed and run away with! :doh:

err....maybe this should be in the 'Rant and Rave' Section. :D
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

pbar wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:08 am It's incredibly rude isn't it, ask a question, people take the time to answer, the you just bugger off!
Of course there is the possibility that this chap has weekends for this type of post and no access or time in mid week in which case some comments come across as a bit harsh.

Wait and see I guess.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

Post by brooky »

Fully agree that it is frustrating when people ask a question and do not give any comments back on how it went, would be nice as well to know if the build info exists behind the seat, etc. Looks like the person joined July 2018 and this is the only post in all that time so I wouldnt get too excited about getting a reply, also I am not sure any additional information could be gleemed from any response - One 10mm bolt to remove to get seat back out - how much drama can there be. :drama:
Bug

Post by Bug »

brooky wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:38 am Fully agree that it is frustrating when people ask a question and do not give any comments back on how it went, would be nice as well to know if the build info exists behind the seat, etc. Looks like the person joined July 2018 and this is the only post in all that time so I wouldnt get too excited about getting a reply, also I am not sure any additional information could be gleemed from any response - One 10mm bolt to remove to get seat back out - how much drama can there be. :drama:
Don't need a huge ream of feedback.

Just wondering if there are any supplies of that quaint old English word left. Now then, what was it? Errr, oh yes, that's it!

Thanks
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
STEVEW
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.3S
Project

Post by STEVEW »

Certain people are being too harsh here.

“Brie”. posted on, 26 January which is only seven days ago.
Maybe this person simply hasn’t had the time or has fallen seriously ill or one of his nearest and dearest is in hospital.

Perhaps a serious calamity has occurred to his property, like being burned to the ground.

Could HRMC be hot on the wheels of this person and he/she can only reply in five years? (with remission)
There’s also the possibility his wife/girlfriend is pissed off with being a Capri-widow and driven the Capri into a canal.

Or, perhaps this person has unfortunately had a heart attack because everything I’ve mentioned has really happened.

That’s one of the problems with Forums or any club, for that matter, it tends to be cliquey and if a newcomer is different or has other priorities/ideas then some of the “old sweats” gang up and start to mob that person, behaving like Statler & Waldorf in a Reliant Robin.

PS: "Brie" did say, 'Thanks in advance'.
Bri-e
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1985 Daily driver summer

Post by Bri-e »

Now my b**** computer issue is sorted finally, I can answer.

Thanks all for comments and otherwise plus I understand the frustration on un answers!!

It was to remove rear seats to have the centre fabric replaced on all seats, the base was easy just two self tapping screws. Now all seats have been done and waiting for a dry day to put them back in, after cleaning carpet first.
The rear seat backs I was struggling with was sorted by the famous 10mm socket to remove a couple of bolts then the seat at an angle and out it came.

Thanks again
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

STEVEW wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:29 pm Certain people are being too harsh here.

“Brie”. posted on, 26 January which is only seven days ago.
Maybe this person simply hasn’t had the time or has fallen seriously ill or one of his nearest and dearest is in hospital.

Perhaps a serious calamity has occurred to his property, like being burned to the ground.

Could HRMC be hot on the wheels of this person and he/she can only reply in five years? (with remission)
There’s also the possibility his wife/girlfriend is pissed off with being a Capri-widow and driven the Capri into a canal.

Or, perhaps this person has unfortunately had a heart attack because everything I’ve mentioned has really happened.

That’s one of the problems with Forums or any club, for that matter, it tends to be cliquey and if a newcomer is different or has other priorities/ideas then some of the “old sweats” gang up and start to mob that person, behaving like Statler & Waldorf in a Reliant Robin.

PS: "Brie" did say, 'Thanks in advance'.
I missed this reply.. agree with what you say, your words are true and your heart is pure, yay we wept when we remembered Zion.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Bri-e wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:16 pm the base was easy just two self tapping screws.
I remember taking my interior out and being a little shocked when I saw the tiny fun sized bolts and screws that hold all the passenger-containing pieces of furniture into the structure of the fast moving car.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Major_Tom wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:29 pm we wept when we remembered Zion.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

pbar wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:37 am
Major_Tom wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:29 pm we wept when we remembered Zion.
Dreadful song :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

:agree:
And didnt the radio stations flog it
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh