Bullit Mustang sold

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Bullit Mustang sold

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Just watched the actual Bullit Mustang auction on YouTube. Saw this car at goodwood 2018, it's a piece of automotive film history & is unrestored & quite rough. Bodywork all dented and seat coverings split, just as it should be for a movie prop.
What price for this Hollywood icon? $3.4 million :o . Sold yesterday in Florida, amazing what collectors will pay.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by Jasonmarie »

Amazing price for a film car .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

An incredible sale price, wow!
One reason for the high sale price is that it has been kept in the same condition as it was in the film, even down to the little customisations that McQueen himself requested.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Mad price but what a car to own :cool:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

What a scene, still enjoy watching it.
The other Bullitt car, discovered stripped to a shell in a Mexico scrapyard is being restored to its former glory. It won’t be original but there’s not much left of it anyway. Wonder what that one would be worth.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:41 pm
What a scene, still enjoy watching it.
The other Bullitt car, discovered stripped to a shell in a Mexico scrapyard is being restored to its former glory. It won’t be original but there’s not much left of it anyway. Wonder what that one would be worth.
Only a few miles away and a bargain at £50k https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mustang-Bull ... Swx3Vd2luw Nice day for a test drive :D
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:49 pm
Only a few miles away and a bargain at £50k https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mustang-Bull ... Swx3Vd2luw Nice day for a test drive :D
:wub:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:03 pm
andyd wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:49 pm
:wub:
Just thinking Rob, wouldn't it be great to have enough money to go out today and buy one of these and still keep the Capri for special occasions :D
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:44 pm Just thinking Rob, wouldn't it be great to have enough money to go out today and buy one of these and still keep the Capri for special occasions :D
Now you’re talking :D
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Amazing price isn't it. Nothing though I suppose in the real money world. People have millions to hand these days. I never really get bullet, I like to think I'm cultured (after all I'm on here and own a Capri) but I just don't get the Hyoe over this film. I bought it, watches it with great anticipation but found it quite dull.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:09 pm Amazing price isn't it. Nothing though I suppose in the real money world. People have millions to hand these days. I never really get bullet, I like to think I'm cultured (after all I'm on here and own a Capri) but I just don't get the Hyoe over this film. I bought it, watches it with great anticipation but found it quite dull.
I only ever watch the chase scene on YouTube. Best 10 mins of the film, not really worth watching the rest of it just to see this bit.