Tickover Part 4 + 5

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Tickover Part 4 + 5

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:41 pmNo Need for such extreme measures Nick. Just print this off and leave it lying about on the coffee table for Mrs F. to find..... :lol:

Andrew.
:applaud: :applaud: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very good Andrew :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

I'll need to make and bank some of those!! :lol:
And a sportex will be alright of you paint it up first, mine always rusted to bits haha

Going for a 2 or 3" exit??
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

D366Y wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:51 pmAnd a sportex will be alright of you paint it up first, mine always rusted to bits haha

Going for a 2 or 3" exit??
Already have the Sportex Danny...well what CCI used to sell as their "Club System" which has "Sportex" stamped on it :lol: I painted the underside sections from end manifold back a few yrs back, did the same with the manifold but the paint kept bleedin peeling so I sanded the manifold all back and its been fine ever since. Has a good "industrial" look to it. You seen it fella. Keeping it for now with ONLY the 2" tailpipe :lol: with the rear bomb silencer...…for now...

Was debating on whether to wrap the manifold with that heat tape but have heard mixed reviews and I think it looks better without the wrap. Yep at some stage I will get a stainless one but as mine is still decent condition will keep it for now. While the 3" deffo has a meatier sound especially straight through I like the tone from the 2" and dont want to drown out the weber 45s if thats possible :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:44 am

Was debating on whether to wrap the manifold with that heat tape but have heard mixed reviews and I think it looks better without the wrap.
After my Sportex manifolds were fitted last summer it occured to me maybe I should have got them ceramic coated first.
Like you not sure it makes a great difference but not taking them off now just for that :)