Re. Boot lock disassembly by D336Y (Q&A).

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
STEVEW
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.3S
Project

Re. Boot lock disassembly by D336Y (Q&A).

Post by STEVEW »

Andrew kindly provided a parts diagram from Haynes in which it says about removing the lock barrel from the boot lock assembly,
“… by removing the circlip from the barrel housing. The spring, barrel and spider can then be detached and a new barrel fitted by reversing this procedure.”
Reversing the procedure?

After prising the circlip out of a gunged assembly has anyone tried laying the barrel housing on the workbench and then - from where they landed in the garage - throwing the other bits at it?
Bug
Car(s): Some

Re: Re. Boot lock disassembly by D336Y (Q&A).

Post by Bug »

I would politely refer the honourable gentleman to my reply on the Q&A thread; particularly the bit regarding the parts leaving the assembly like a parachute display team exiting the aircraft.

In the absence of any Capri spares of my own any more, it is heartening to know there are people in this community who are prepared to go the extra mile to prove my theories. :xd:

Hope you get it all back together ok.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Re. Boot lock disassembly by D336Y (Q&A).

Post by D366Y »

When I got the lock boot lock apart I got it to the stage of the picture Andrew uploaded in my Q+A question, gave up trying to get the barrel and tumblers separated and just put it back together after a good clean as it was - easy enough
:beer:

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.