Nissan Qashqai v Lamp Post

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Nissan Qashqai v Lamp Post

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

This is outside Wood Green Bus Garage where I work :shock:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Nissan Qashqai v Lamp Post

Post by andyd »

The mind boggles, and how big was the lampost :?
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

:headscratch: wasn't there another crash in the same place a few weeks ago? Are they spotting you polishing the engine bay of your double decker and crashing out of shock?!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Ouch!
I wonder what speed the driver was going when the lamp post jumped out in front him? That's what happened, officer. Honestly! :whistle:

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Guys sadly I see this sort of thing very often nowadays. Andy it was not even a big lamp post. Totally wrecked it though. As Andrew said surely speed played a massive part in this and just as Tom said couple of weeks ago there was a car on its bleedin roof about 10metres from where this Nissan is. Hate working night shifts for the sheer fools that are racing around. Usually it's he BMW guys who are racing each other in and out of traffic and lanes!!!!!! . And the Skyline drivers are very sensible compared to BMW drivers in my area even though they would slaughter a BMW in a race if its like my mates Skyline running on nearly 1000bhp!!!!.

Not saying all BMW drivers are scoundrels but they are Tottenham :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:21 pm Guys sadly I see this sort of thing very often nowadays. Andy it was not even a big lamp post. Totally wrecked it though. As Andrew said surely speed played a massive part in this and just as Tom said couple of weeks ago there was a car on its bleedin roof about 10metres from where this Nissan is. Hate working night shifts for the sheer fools that are racing around. Usually it's he BMW guys who are racing each other in and out of traffic and lanes!!!!!! . And the Skyline drivers are very sensible compared to BMW drivers in my area even though they would slaughter a BMW in a race if its like my mates Skyline running on nearly 1000bhp!!!!.

Not saying all BMW drivers are scoundrels but they are Tottenham :lol:
Sad to say Nick but the standard of driving nowadays by many is crap!

I find driving a chore where as I used to enjoy it. Early Sunday morning in the Capri is the only time I really enjoy a drive now!

Basic driving skills and common sense appear to have gone, and no one seems to have a thought for anyone else on the road :roll:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

andyd wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:42 pm Sad to say Nick but the standard of driving nowadays by many is crap!

I find driving a chore where as I used to enjoy it. Early Sunday morning in the Capri is the only time I really enjoy a drive now!

Basic driving skills and common sense appear to have gone, and no one seems to have a thought for anyone else on the road
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
I feel exactly the same, no longer enjoy driving day to day.
(Although up here the BMWs seem to have quietened down somewhat, it`s Audis that seem to be the preferred steed of the phallically challenged.)

Nick, we have bus lanes in the city centre which have automatic bollards: bus has a transmitter, bus approaches bollard sinks, bus passes bollard rises. The number of times I `ve seen people try to slipstream a bus - only for the bollard to punch through the bottom of their car, well , it`s a joy to watch, it really is!!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

madness , madness and madness what are people like and Andy your right but over here in the south east where we have running water and electricity the roads are never quite it’s madness everyday even on a Sunday night :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:34 pm madness , madness and madness what are people like and Andy your right but over here in the south east where we have running water and electricity the roads are never quite it’s madness everyday even on a Sunday night :lol:
We still have catch our water in a bucket when it rains :wave: As for electricity :headscratch:
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Poor bloody lamp last, what a way to go being hit by that thing.
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

I saw an X3 with the front end destroyed and a front strut ripped out this morning.... In a 20 zone.... It had hit a steel railing separating the road and pavement, if that hadn’t been there it would have be parked in Costa Coffee! I just looked at it and thought ‘how’?!?!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Goodness me, some people, fancy parking on the pavement like that. They should get a ticket.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

stevemarl wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:10 pmNick, we have bus lanes in the city centre which have automatic bollards: bus has a transmitter, bus approaches bollard sinks, bus passes bollard rises. The number of times I `ve seen people try to slipstream a bus - only for the bollard to punch through the bottom of their car, well , it`s a joy to watch, it really is!!
Bleedin Hell. That really is a game of russian roulette and just plain ridiculous and serves them right Steve. Would love to see this though. Must try You Tube :lol: :lol: :lol:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

stevemarl wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:40 pm Here you go Nick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Cw0QJU8ro
:lol: :lol: :lol: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Thanks mate!! That first one is priceless Steve. Tries to get through with obviously no success then tries to be smart by reversing and waitng for a bus. Brilliant.!!!! Love it!! At this point I presume the driver realised that bus stations are meant for buses only :lol: :lol: :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:40 pm Here you go Nick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Cw0QJU8ro
I enjoyed that too. Karma!!

Pity the baby has such a :wank: for a Dad :roll:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:49 pmPity the baby has such a :wank: for a Dad :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

That Toyota starlet at 0.33 could blatently have squeezed through that starlet-sized gap to their left if they really wanted to run the barriers. wtf wrong with these morons.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:13 pm https://youtu.be/4NGqcr7DKBc
That is horrific. I hope the driver was OK after that.

Andrew.