Rear No plate

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Rear No plate

Post by stevemarl »

80s-new-man wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:07 pm I cannot see the point in sticking hideous looking plates on a classic that weren’t even around when the car was in its prime.
Absolutely!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

80s-new-man wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:07 pm Even better! Yes I cannot see the point in sticking hideous looking plates on a classic that weren’t even around when the car was in its prime. Well done!
Oh yes, and by the same token I don't like adding modifications to a car which were not around when they were in their prime :)
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Epilogue: Just in case anyone else ever decides to replace their fixings, these yellow nylon number plate bolts are a standard M6 thread so can be used with the genuine ford rivenut fixing but obviously without risk of corrosion https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:38 am Epilogue: Just in case anyone else ever decides to replace their fixings, these yellow nylon number plate bolts are a standard M6 thread so can be used with the genuine ford rivenut fixing but obviously without risk of corrosion https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Hi Steve,
I have put that link in the 'Capri Part Numbers' Thread in Rant & Rave Section.

:cheers:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Good idea, thanks Andy.