Wanted: Brake Servo for 2.8i

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Gjc
Car(s): Hopefully a 2.8i Special very soon

Wanted: Brake Servo for 2.8i

Post by Gjc »

Hi all,

As above, I am looking for a working brake servo to replace the one in my 1987 2.8i

Please do get in touch if you have one.

Cheers 🤘
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Wanted: Brake Servo for 2.8i

Post by stevemarl »

Don`t know if this is any help but I did enquire about reconditioning some years ago:
Hello Steve and thanks for your enquiry.
The cost for a complete rebuild of your Girling servo is £140.00 plus VAT and carriage this includes all new internal parts and stainless steel re-sleeving of the alloy cylinder.
At present we are quoting approximately 3-4 weeks turn round as we are extremely busy.
If you require any further information please contact us again.

Regards
Roy Trevor
Contract Auto Engineering Ltd

http://www.classiccar-brakes.co.uk/
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Some Girling servos can be refurbished but I was told by another company that the ATE ones fitted to the 2.8i can't be done. I have some used ones taken from cars on the shelf.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Caprigear wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:29 pm I have some used ones taken from cars on the shelf.
There`s your answer!
Gjc

Post by Gjc »

Thanks for the responses everyone
Gjc

Post by Gjc »

Caprigear wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:29 pm Some Girling servos can be refurbished but I was told by another company that the ATE ones fitted to the 2.8i can't be done. I have some used ones taken from cars on the shelf.
Do you have any in known working condition?
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

I check them before the cars are stripped.
mgentry90
Car(s): Fiesta, laser ( under modification )

Post by mgentry90 »

Before I took mine apart I gave it a shake and heard some rattling. Took it apart and found the diaphragm Bakelite plate inside had broken up a little and I believe this may have been the cause of the small split in my diaphragm as it could've pressed against this rogue loose Bakelite and been pierced, thus causing the vacuum leak and lack of servo function.

If you get one give it a shake, I fitted a replacement not long ago which works but has a slight "rattle". I don't know how long it will stay working for though if there's a chance of more piercing.
Gjc

Post by Gjc »

Caprigear wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:44 pm I check them before the cars are stripped.
How much would you be asking for one in good working condition?
Gjc

Post by Gjc »

mgentry90 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:49 pm Before I took mine apart I gave it a shake and heard some rattling. Took it apart and found the diaphragm Bakelite plate inside had broken up a little and I believe this may have been the cause of the small split in my diaphragm as it could've pressed against this rogue loose Bakelite and been pierced, thus causing the vacuum leak and lack of servo function.

If you get one give it a shake, I fitted a replacement not long ago which works but has a slight "rattle". I don't know how long it will stay working for though if there's a chance of more piercing.
Thankyou for the tip!
Gjc

Post by Gjc »

Bumping this post as I’m still on the hunt for another servo. If anyone has one please get in touch, I’ve had a lot of time wasters and non-replies recently so serious conversations only please.

Many thanks.