Shocking news!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Shocking news!

Post by stevemarl »

Just found this news story on AOL, this is absolutely shocking I think and is causing major upset in the Facebook community: frankly - I can see why. I found it hard to believe that this sort of thing can happen in the worlds 5th richest economy. You have been warned!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/09/20/s ... id=webmail

Global warming? Tsk!
mgentry90
Car(s): Fiesta, laser ( under modification )

Re: Shocking news!

Post by mgentry90 »

I personally couldn't give a toss and I think there are far worse things to worry about in life. Had there been another person standing next to said chair waiting for a seat to become vacant I would too see the annoyance but if the train was fairly empty (don't know if it was or not) and I was on it I wouldn't care after 5 seconds of seeing it.

The fact this is in the news says the people there are being paid to do naff all of this is the worst story they have for us.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I think it's absolutely right that a "shocking" contravention of "train etiquette" is brought to worldwide attention. This is clearly more important than the continuing Brexit fiasco. There was I thinking we were a civilised country, however, it appears that we are nothing but savages.

Obviously a slow news day at AOL! :lol:

Andrew.
mgentry90
Car(s): Fiesta, laser ( under modification )

Post by mgentry90 »

What happened with the drone attack on the crude plant recently, I don't watch the news but rarely swipe left on my phone to see what pops up but that seems to have dies a death too unless I missed it lol. Who actually did it in the end and what was the point? To me being someone who doesn't follow any news it seemed a bit random?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

mgentry90 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:14 pm What happened with the drone attack on the crude plant recentl
Good question. It seems the planes/missiles came from direction of Iran? It`s another Middle Eastern war, fought by proxy involving various external political & idealogical entities. On the night of the attack America was "locked and loaded": the next morning they "don`t want to start war with anyone". Election coming remember.
Oil price rises, oil price falls, they`ll put the fires out, rebuild and carry on. Till the next time.
Come to think of it, whatever happened to that nuclear plant in Japan after the Tsunami (or eartquake?), did they ever solve that or are they still `containing` it?
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Going back to the original post I too coundn't care a toss if the woman wants to put her bare feet on the seats. However, there's no way I'd put bare feet or anything else bare on one of those seats having read an article years ago about what public transport seats in London (and probably the same elsewhere) contain.

Here is a similar article.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/london- ... eria-tubes

Makes you want to never travel on public transport at any cost!
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

I travel by public transport in London every day - there is little risk of getting anything from sitting on a seat, as seats are at a premium!! Many are quite grotty though. Dried in chewing gum etc all over.
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Or in the case of the poxy new Thameslink trains the seats are so uncomfortable you’re better off standing!
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Oh, the state of the art, advanced new trains that can't cope with a power blip?