Key to starter

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
jeepman
Car(s): Ford GPW Jeep. Ford Capri 2.0 Ltr Laser

Key to starter

Post by jeepman »

Hi every one. Well having thought i had sorted the conversion of my Auto loom to Manual loom i have hit a problem. I think i have soldered the wire supplying the starter during cranking ( Ignition position 3 ) to the wrong supply ( its permanently live ). My question is - does the wire from the ignition key position 3, black and yellow, go straight to the starter down the red plug loom, and, does it go through the fuse box first or not. The Haynes doesn't show a route through the fuse box. Thanks, Steve.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Key to starter

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
According to the wiring diagram here, the yellow/black wire does not go through a fuse.
http://www.a400mod.com/Document%20Scans ... 0Wires.jpg

Andrew.
jeepman
Car(s): Ford GPW Jeep. Ford Capri 2.0 Ltr Laser

Re: Key to starter

Post by jeepman »

Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply. I have all the diagrams from Clockwork Orange and they are really good. My confusion though is that on the two circuit diagrams for fuse 6 and 7 it shows the black and yellow going to fuse 6 ( be it from what i assume is position 2 though as numbered ). The only black and yellow wire i have coming from my ignition is definitely on position 3. My position 2 is a black cable. Thanks again.