heard it all now....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: heard it all now....

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:15 am men don't want to do nail extensions.
Speak for yourself :D

Yes, fair points Andy.

All of the air time being given to women's football I find hard to understand. I mean, is anyone really interested in that? In just seems to be a far worse version of the men's game to me, and I can barely name one female English player.

I believe that some criticism has been shown to the fact the we say 'women's world cup', whereas the men's one is simply called the 'world cup'.

So, when it comes around next time it may be called the 'men's world cup' I reckon.

Think I might start playing netball instead, they have better skirts. Mind you, it was on TV recently that a school has banned girl's from wearing skirts full stop.

No wonder I still live in 1973, it's far simpler :)
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:28 am

No wonder I still live in 1973, it's far simpler :)
It was a time when people seemed far less offended (that's not to say they weren't) but looking back at the likes of Bernard Manning etc, it makes you wonder.

No sense of humour now, everyone is offended by things that aren't aimed at them directly, and looking to change everyone elses opinion and outlook to suit their own which is bloody depressing at times :(

Have you noticed at the beginning of Porridge it states 'may contain some out dated language' and a scene has been cut from an episode of Minder where Terry does a Indian accent :doh:

You can't and shouldn't change the past, just accept it was Great Britain then not PC Britain!! And stop the Pride marches, not everyone agrees but know you are out there so just get on with life as no one really cares.

Off to tint my eyelashes now :gay: :lol:
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:57 am
Have you noticed at the beginning of Porridge it states 'may contain some out dated language' and a scene has been cut from an episode of Minder where Terry does a Indian accent :doh:
I have noticed this kind of thing Andy yes. I watch Talking Pictures a lot, and I have seen films on there and, aside from the kind of warnings you mention, I have noticed the odd word here and there muted out.

You can't change history, these things were there once and acceptable. It's a bit like watching a war film and taking Hitler out of it. These things, right or wrong, should remain.

Just my little uninspired view of course :)
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:56 pm
andyd wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:57 am
I have noticed this kind of thing Andy yes. I watch Talking Pictures a lot, and I have seen films on there and, aside from the kind of warnings you mention, I have noticed the odd word here and there muted out.

You can't change history, these things were there once and acceptable. It's a bit like watching a war film and taking Hitler out of it. These things, right or wrong, should remain.

Just my little uninspired view of course :)
Luckily our generation didn't experience Hitler and his ideology, and the now PC brigade need to think themselves lucky they didn't either.
They don't know how lucky they are, our grandparents were the ones who had the right to complain but they just dug in and got on with it!!

Britain has lost the Great, for now anyway.
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:10 pm our grandparents were the ones who had the right to complain but they just dug in and got on with it!!
That is so true for our previous generations Andy, and one of the values I try (not always successfully) to live by.

I rarely heard my parents complain, it would have to be something really drastic for them to do so.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:17 pm
andyd wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:10 pm our grandparents were the ones who had the right to complain but they just dug in and got on with it!!
That is so true for our previous generations Andy, and one of the values I try (not always successfully) to live by.

I rarely heard my parents complain, it would have to be something really drastic for them to do so.
It appears some aren't grateful for what many people died for Paul, they are just obsessed with changing the future into what they think it should be like :(

We are probably the last generation to have any real respect and thought for what the previous generations did for us!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

andyd wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:26 pm All of the air time being given to women's football I find hard to understand. I mean, is anyone really interested in that? I
Paul,
don`t forget there`s also women`s cricket and even women`s rugby now! TBH I think, in the beginning you had TV, with 2 channels , and you could put good plays, good films and you could even put the best sport on too. Limited space so the very best material vied for air-time
Now there are so many channels, esp. sport, they`ve got to find/make `content` for their subscribers to `consume`. So we get all these random new cricket competitions, night games, 20 overs, - plus womens football / rugby etc. The netball world cup for Christ`s sake - niche or what? There`s just an insatiable demand for more and more `stuff` to fiIl the channels. But doesn`t it detract from the excitement when there`s ALWAYS some kind of sporting event, isn`t the mens world cup a big deal because it`s only every 4 years? Less is more and all that? Bit like starting Christmas in September . ;)
pbar

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:23 pm
don`t forget there`s also women`s cricket and even women`s rugby now! TBH I think, in the beginning you had TV, with 2 channels....

Bit like starting Christmas in September . ;)
As I turn on the news there are many serious issues to contend with, some people really do have it bad, just now I've seen reports of all the missing people in the Bahama's still with the critically bad weather they have had. Yet you find it depressing that SCS are selling Christmas sofa's ;)

I try to stop watching the news so much, I like to know what is going on in the world but I think you have to try to steer you mind away if things are affecting you.

I'm not sure the increase in channels is a cause for all the extra pushing of women's sport at the moment, perhaps more so the reason is all of the equality issues and such like.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 am Heard it all now :doh: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... f-16898697
Good one Andy, Fanny's Faggots! Sounds alright to me.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 pm
andyd wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 am Heard it all now :doh: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... f-16898697
Good one Andy, Fanny's Faggots! Sounds alright to me.
:wave:
Not had a faggot for ages (Can I still say that) :headscratch:
pbar

Post by pbar »

You certainly can here Andy :) The more modern name for them is meatballs I think. Although to me, that sounds worse.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Peter-S wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:54 am I see that Fireman Sam has been banned from Brigade promo material for being too male so ... :roll:
It seems that this is the way the kid's stuff is going these days as everything strives to be "inclusive".
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ls-release
It's a toy for children! Are phrases like "positive impact of inclusivity", "doll line free of labels" and "encourage people to think more broadly about how all kids can benefit from doll play" over-analysing the situation?
I fear for what might happen to Action Man in the future though!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:28 am
Peter-S wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:54 am I see that Fireman Sam has been banned from Brigade promo material for being too male so ... :roll:
It seems that this is the way the kid's stuff is going these days as everything strives to be "inclusive".
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ls-release
It's a toy for children! Are phrases like "positive impact of inclusivity", "doll line free of labels" and "encourage people to think more broadly about how all kids can benefit from doll play" over-analysing the situation?
I fear for what might happen to Action Man in the future though!

Andrew.
Snowflakes again!!

This stuff is really starting to pee me off Andrew :roll:
pbar

Post by pbar »

All these little things which get to us - it's best to just let them go. What's the point as there is nothing you can do about it after all.

We are only here for the short term.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:57 am All these little things which get to us - it's best to just let them go. What's the point as there is nothing you can do about it after all.

You are right again Paul, but there is something else you can't say or do pretty much everyday :doh:

It's not offended anyone for years but all of a sudden it has to be changed incase someone feels a certain way.

I wouldn't want to be a child now, and I feel sorry for my Grandsons growing up the way it is going (Luckily they won't notice as they are brought up with it) So maybe that's a positive thing :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

pbar wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:57 am All these little things which get to us - it's best to just let them go. What's the point as there is nothing you can do about it after all.

That’s one of the best lines I have heard and so true , think we may have to make you the forum guru sir ......
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Perhaps we can go the whole hog and rename the "Rant and Rave" section the "Chill Out Meditation Zone".
In this section, nobody is to mention anything that may induce stress or provoke a reaction from others.
We can also all sit cross-legged on the floor humming to ourselves.

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Jasonmarie wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 am

That’s one of the best lines I have heard and so true , think we may have to make you the forum guru sir ......
Thank you Jason :) Can I be a Metal Guru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUqAGoPtfto
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

People like to talk, to express their opinions - if for nothing else than it stops them feeling like they`re the `only fascist in the village.`
Don`t forget, all this LGBTQ+, gender-neutral crap came about because a tiny, tiny proportion of the population spent their entire lives shouting very, very loudly about what a terrible oppressed state they were in (go to Syria?). So we end up with gender neutral dolls, banning of gender specific titles . Most people don`t really care one way or the other - which is as it should be - but their acquiescence has allowed these weird gender/ race/ fascists to achieve change out of all proportion to their demographic size. I don`t care AT ALL if someone is Gay/trans whatever, I do NOT care what my neighbour does, it`s nowt to do with me, we just get on with our lives. But having it thrust into the mainstream (censoring language, relationship classes in primary schools etc) is for many people going too far and they need to voice thier concerns. Rightly. I know this is just a car forum - but it`s through exchange of ideas such as this, the acorns if you like, that the general concensus gathers momentum. If everyone just `shuts the f*** up and buries their head then there are no limits to the lengths these people will go to establish `their` world. They`re half way there now.
Then again I could be talking shit soI`ll just shut up.