Brooklands 8.9.19

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Peter-S »

I didn't take as many pictures as last weekend and there is a rumour that someone has way more snaps then me but here are some that I did take - aircraft pictures restricted to my own website!

ImageDSCN1826 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1825 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1824 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1823 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1822 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1821 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1820 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1819 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1818 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1817 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1816 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1810 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1809 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1807 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1806 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1805 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1804 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1803 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1802 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1801 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1800 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1799 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1798 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1797 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1778 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1777 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1776 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1775 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1774 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1773 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1772 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1771 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1770 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1769 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1768 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1767 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1766 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1765 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1764 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1763 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1762 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1761 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1760 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Peter,
Although I didn't see much of you at Brooklands it was nice to catch up again.
I really enjoyed looking through your photos and what a reminder of such a brilliant day! There were so many cars of such an incredible standard, and there was also a great variety (relatively speaking) too.
You've sometimes mentioned on here that your Laser looks good in photos but doesn't stand up to close scrutiny. Well, I disagree. I thought that both your cars were stunning and both are a credit to you. It's hard enough to keep one Capri on the road, but to have two fantastic examples is something to be really proud of!
Thanks for uploading so many great photos. :D

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Great pics Peter :cheers:

Pretty much the whole Capri range was there.

2 day event would have been good so you had time to look at everything, but was still a great day and turnout :D
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Excellent pictures Peter, especially like the one taken from the banking of the sea of Capris. Good to meet you, really enjoyed the day. Had a look at the planes myself, especially liked Concorde & the Harrier.
Great day, thanks for the pictures.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Great pictures as always peter and have a good holiday now sir . I also heard there was a famous photographer there but I over heard he was playing doctors and nurses with a few members :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Post by Brooksy »

Thanks for uploading your great pics Peter. Good to see you again (albeit briefly) and with 2 Capri's; thanks again for the brake parts offer at Dunton. I wasn't willing to chance it driving up with them as they were though. :o
Nige Image
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:14 am Hi Peter,
Although I didn't see much of you at Brooklands it was nice to catch up again.
I really enjoyed looking through your photos and what a reminder of such a brilliant day! There were so many cars of such an incredible standard, and there was also a great variety (relatively speaking) too.
You've sometimes mentioned on here that your Laser looks good in photos but doesn't stand up to close scrutiny. Well, I disagree. I thought that both your cars were stunning and both are a credit to you. It's hard enough to keep one Capri on the road, but to have two fantastic examples is something to be really proud of!
Thanks for uploading so many great photos. :D

Andrew.
Yes, unfortunately only a brief couple of chats, good job we have this place!

Thanks for the comments on the cars. We all know our own vehicles faults I guess. I took a picture of the blue one at Tickford Man's place when I picked him up. The paint on the nearside wing where I have done some running repairs really stood out but the official entry picture of the same side of the car and it doesn't show! I know its not terrible but I am always conscious that there are many cars that are better and I guess I expect people to dwell on the bad bits rather than the good. Silly really. In the end I can't complain. I last drove it around 28th March, did a couple of miles Saturday afternoon for petrol then drove it to Brooklands and back without it missing a beat, even in the jams to get in :D
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Brooksy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:56 pm Thanks for uploading your great pics Peter. Good to see you again (albeit briefly) and with 2 Capri's; thanks again for the brake parts offer at Dunton. I wasn't willing to chance it driving up with them as they were though. :o
Yes Nige, almost a brief hello. Dunton turned in to a bit more of a social gathering which made up for not having so much chance on Sunday.
No worries on the brakes, glad they were sorted. I did wonder how we would each fare when I whipped the water pump off the 2.8 on Tuesday but all good for us both thankfully. :D
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Peter-S wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:14 pm
Brooksy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:56 pm Thanks for uploading your great pics Peter. Good to see you again (albeit briefly) and with 2 Capri's; thanks again for the brake parts offer at Dunton. I wasn't willing to chance it driving up with them as they were though. :o
Yes Nige, almost a brief hello. Dunton turned in to a bit more of a social gathering which made up for not having so much chance on Sunday.
No worries on the brakes, glad they were sorted. I did wonder how we would each fare when I whipped the water pump off the 2.8 on Tuesday but all good for us both thankfully. :D
Glad you had a good time and that both of your fine Capri's were on song. No doubt we'll catch up at another event and you can tell me about your Lanc trip.
Nige Image
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:12 pm Excellent pictures Peter, especially like the one taken from the banking of the sea of Capris. Good to meet you, really enjoyed the day. Had a look at the planes myself, especially liked Concorde & the Harrier.
Great day, thanks for the pictures.
Thanks Rob. Yes it was nice to meet you and others that I've only known by name previously.
Always good when there are planes around but I did wonder if I was getting a bit old for getting up the banking. Still, had to be done :lol:
andyd wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:37 am
Great pics Peter :cheers:

Pretty much the whole Capri range was there.

2 day event would have been good so you had time to look at everything, but was still a great day and turnout :D
Thanks Andy.
Good to catch up but there did seem to be a shortage of time. 5 years ago I managed to get round the bus museum as well. Not sure how I fitted that in but never mind it was a great day.
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Margaret's lovely Laser. I've just been re-reading my copy of Factory Original Ford Capri MkII & MKIII by James Taylor in which Margaret's Laser features. :cool:

Nige Image
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny as when we went on to the banking I thought Christ Nigel kept that quite but looked at the number plate and saw a C reg . I said to dad in the car i wonder if you had seen the laser Capri like yours .
Stunning car and very very clean .
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:12 pm Funny as when we went on to the banking I thought Christ Nigel kept that quite but looked at the number plate and saw a C reg . I said to dad in the car i wonder if you had seen the laser Capri like yours .
:lol: Jason. Margaret very kindly showed me around her car which was parked down the bottom end, near the start of Test Hill. She is clearly a devoted owner. Long live the Pinto eh Jason.
Nige Image
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Brooksy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:12 pm Funny as when we went on to the banking I thought Christ Nigel kept that quite but looked at the number plate and saw a C reg . I said to dad in the car i wonder if you had seen the laser Capri like yours .
:lol: Jason. Margaret very kindly showed me around her car which was parked down the bottom end, near the start of Test Hill. She is clearly a devoted owner. Long live the Pinto eh Jason.
Did you say that it’s the best Engine in the world :lol:
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:30 pm
Brooksy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm
Did you say that it’s the best Engine in the world :lol:
Absolutely, that's what I meant to say :agree: :lol:
Nige Image
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Stunning Pics Peter. Thanks for uploading them mate. Got a few myself Inc some forum cars. Was not very organised with photos this year as was too busy chatting, laughing or crying :lol:

Here are a few I took of some forum capris including a few of our morning meet up pre convoy. Early on we were all split up and parked all over do towards the end Tom, John and Andrew all parked up with us when others had left. But II was sure I took more photos of forum cars but can't find em on my phone! I was pushing 'video' by mistake a few times in all my excitement so some have not come out. Surely Andrew will come to the rescue as Robs, Noel and Peters all deserve a showing. Just been flicking through my photos now to try to see what's what and just can't find em. Deffo took them... I think :lol:

Anyway some pretty unorganised pics this time but hope you enjoy

Here's a few when I was on the banking with Jason. A couple are cockpit view of the famous banking and footbridge

And here are a few random pics

If I find any more I will add them.

Cheers now.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Thanks for uploading the pics Nick and it was great to meet you and see your smashing Laser. Love the shine, those wheels do look great and all the other tasteful upgrades :cool:

It was also great to see a couple of 1300 models there as well as the 1600 L and GL models (the blue one and pale green one that were at Sainsbury's meet up point).

Enjoyed meeting new faces, including Dan with his black Laser, Cosmicbike and his, the father and son with the modified Laser and 2.0GL auto. So much to take in on the day and I'm rubbish at remembering names , sorry).
Nige Image
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Brooksy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am the father and son with the modified Laser and 2.0GL auto. So much to take in on the day and I'm rubbish at remembering names , sorry).
I'm guessing this is me and my old man!
Great to meet you Nige, got to be honest - I'm equally as dreadful with names, just glad everyone else kept reminding me! :lol:

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

D366Y wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:24 am
Brooksy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am the father and son with the modified Laser and 2.0GL auto.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Who else would it be Danny :shock: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 am
D366Y wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:24 am
Brooksy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am the father and son with the modified Laser and 2.0GL auto.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Who else would it be Danny :shock: :lol:
I didn't realise my laser was modified.... :lol: :D
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.