50 Years of the Capri - Historic Brooklands Circuit & Museum - 8th September 2019

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: 50 Years of the Capri - Historic Brooklands Circuit & Museum - 8th September 2019

Post by Jasonmarie »

Also another little update and I know most of us do this but there’s a restaurant at Brooklands but can get busy also a few ice cream places outside and we have been advice to bring a pack lunch . So thought I would just give the head ups . Also anybody wanting to do the hill climb you can book this on the Surrey Capri site . It starts at 10-5pm .
The air show is booked for the afternoon and this is just for Laser forum members only . Also perhaps when we all arrive we can get a group picture with a few hugs & kisses after we have all set up our dash mats and Mr Pinto Nick has a little dust down :beer:

Also as it’s the capris 50th birthday some of you might want to rock up in your 70s , 80s :applaud:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: 50 Years of the Capri - Historic Brooklands Circuit & Museum - 8th September 2019

Post by D366Y »

Just a thought Jason, can you decide to do the hill climb on the day or do you have to arrange it in advance??
With my new exhaust it might sound quite nice.... :D
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

D366Y wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:25 pm Just a thought Jason, can you decide to do the hill climb on the day or do you have to arrange it in advance??
With my new exhaust it might sound quite nice.... :D
Just looked Dan there are 8 spaces left you can pay threw Paypal and that gives you 3 runs . I would do this but my back and neck will not :lol: .
I think you should challenge your dad to the runs 1 each on best time who every wins takes the 3 run . We could have a bet on who will win also they will be doing a xmas dvd of the hill climb .

Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Jasonmarie wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:59 pm

. I would do this but my back and neck will not
Book your car in Jason and I will take it up for you :wave:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
Just to let you chaps know, if everything goes to plan I'll be convoying up with a few non-forum Capris. I thought the more the merrier!
We'll probably have to split up once we get to Brooklands though, as we'll have our own dedicated spaces for the forum.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Peter-S wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:41 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:59 pm

. I would do this but my back and neck will not
Book your car in Jason and I will take it up for you :wave:
That power Of the mighty Pinto , i would worry about your back :lol: It’s tempting I must say I bet you have thought about it today ?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Just another rather exciting update...

The Goblin Works Coyote 5.0 V8 Capri is booked in for runs up Test Hill. :D

Something not to be missed methinks...
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:21 pm Just another rather exciting update...

The Goblin Works Coyote 5.0 V8 Capri is booked in for runs up Test Hill. :D

Something not to be missed methinks...
Some of us were parked opposite it last week :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Peter-S wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:40 pmSome of us were parked opposite it last week :D
Very cool indeed but what a great spot for it to be parked opposite you three too mate :)

I seen it at The Ace last year on the original wheels Peter but much prefer it on the new wheels. Looking forward to seeing it at Brooklands and should be great seeing it blast up Test Hill but surely it will be a very restrained run otherwise its gonna bleedin fly over the top of the hill...it will prob have to ease off half way up :shock:... :lol:

Seeing Test Hill at the 45th was amazing to see how steep it actually gets at the top end. Pictures just don't do it justice.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Post by Brooksy »

Work completed on the brakes :drive: so I'm good to go on Sunday. Will also meet at Sainsbury's; probably nearer to 9:30 than 9am. :)
Nige Image
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Brooksy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:18 am Work completed on the brakes :drive: so I'm good to go on Sunday. Will also meet at Sainsbury's; probably nearer to 9:30 than 9am. :)
That’s great news nige , safe journey up or across . :beer:

One more sleep folks and we will be there ..................
Cosmicbike
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser Resto Project

Post by Cosmicbike »

I think preparations are complete. She's out of the garage and I've pumped the tyres up. Also re-fitted all of the dash panels so a near complete interior, though I haven't put the carpet back in.
The all important camera mount has been sorted, so hopefully get a decent bit of video of the day, including the Laser convoy :)
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Cosmicbike wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:40 pm I think preparations are complete. She's out of the garage and I've pumped the tyres up. Also re-fitted all of the dash panels so a near complete interior, though I haven't put the carpet back in.
The all important camera mount has been sorted, so hopefully get a decent bit of video of the day, including the Laser convoy :)
:cool: safe trip.
Nige Image
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Great day today (apart from the queuing to get in) and really enjoyed being able to be part in another Capri 50th anniversary event. Again, some lovely examples on show and at a great historic venue.
Admired those who took their Capri's up Test Hill, felt for the owners of the two that Andy and I helped push!, met some new faces as well as familiar ones and nice to have company along for the drive; thanks again Andy. 333 mile round trip and pleased that the old girl didn't miss a beat, that's the Laser, not Andy :)
Nige Image
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Evening All,
I hope everybody got back home safely.
What an absolutely brilliant day from (early) start to (late) finish! :D

Andrew.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:25 pm Evening All,

Andrew.
Yep. I did hear someone say last week was better but not for me. Superb day today and two Capris out and back safely with my mate Mick and Tickford Man in tow as well making it even better.
This was the start of the day, more to come I'm sure!

Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:25 pm Evening All,

Andrew.
Good to see you again Andrew and glad you enjoyed the day.
Nige Image
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Brooksy wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:50 pm Good to see you again Andrew and glad you enjoyed the day.
Thanks Nige,
It was great to meet up with you and all the other Laser Pagers yesterday.
I'm pleased to hear that you also had a great day. I think we all were a bit miffed about the queuing to get in to the venue, it was not the best situation but it didn't take the shine off a brilliant day. Luckily all the Laser Pager cars made it in without any issues, good on you and Andy for helping out some of the others who were less fortunate.

Thanks to Jason for the book and the rather nice "Pinto" bread pudding. I notice that it had four ingredients, but couldn't help thinking that it would have been even better with six.... :lol:
Thanks to Jason for my promotion too!

Sorry I didn't wear my badge on the day, I felt bad about that afterwards, but I'll definitely wear it with pride next time! It was a nice surprise and a great gesture to get those badges for some of the forum folks.

On the subject of generous gestures, Jason also commissioned this wonderful special artwork for Nick:

Cheers for now,
Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Despite the early start, late finish, hour queue and pushing 3 Capris around it was a great day :D

Although I saw many great cars, I would need 2 days to appreciate all the cars there.

Great to catch up with old and new faces, and what a great ride in Niges car, it didn't miss a beat all day :woot:

I know there are a lot of greats above but it was great :cool:
Cosmicbike
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser Resto Project

Post by Cosmicbike »

My first ever car show, and what a great day out. Really nice to meet a few folks from here and have a chat. I got a few piccies which I'm working through, and some of the convoy from Sainsburys to Brooklands on video which I'm working on to get a short edit.
The queue to get in was a pain, but the sheer number of Capris rolling up was to blame :lol: On the plus side, we didn't overheat, and with 40 miles on the clock by the end of the day, our longest drive together :)
Meet Up (1).JPG
Meet Up (2).JPG
B581 OLE (1).JPG
LVW 540Y.JPG
Looking Down.JPG