Dunton 01/09/2019

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Dunton 01/09/2019

Post by Peter-S »

What a cracking day out for the first of the two major Capri 50th events with Brooklands to come next weekend :D
Started off again as the three musketeers, just like Deal, but with Nige standing in for Nick and doing a great job of it! Great to meet you Nige and hope you had a good run back to Exeter.
So the three of us met up near Gravesend at 8 this morning and headed off through Dartford Tunnel with no breakdowns although I was surprised to find that Jason's Pinto was too slow to keep up :lol:
Anyway, we got to Dunton in plenty of time, dodged the queue for the local boot fair, and parked up on the test track in an orderly and well organised fashion. Plenty of great Capris, a stack of other calssic cars and good company made for a great day out. The sunshine went down well too. I remember meeting Arnold and Noel and Chris and there were probably one or two more and I chatted with a guy who had come over from Ireland especially - true dedication.
So congratulations to all involved with the organising, it was worth the effort I'm surre.
I have quite a few pictures to upload but here is a taster:

ImageDSCN1638 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1637 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1688 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1689 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1691 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1690 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Cosmicbike
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser Resto Project

Re: Dunton 01/09/2019

Post by Cosmicbike »

So that's why there was only a single Capri at the Walton Bridge meet this morning :D
Looks like a decent turnout, hopefully Brooklands will be a good show too
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Had a great time thanks for taking the lead there peter and I had to hold my mighty pinto back going threw that tunnel :lol:
Was nice to meet Mr Nige with his stunning laser and must say there was not that many laser capris there . Lost my dad like normal as there was woods on the test track good news he did not wear his hat as Mr pinto nick helps him out . See young Noël walk past and had the pleasure to say hello to his mum .
Steve was there with his great looking Capri but after a few hours in the gents toilets he got his ticket out for a picture around the banking . So that was great that a Laser forum member got picked .
Also saw Andrews or Mr Arnold black 2.0s again still no dust on her but was a little worried about the pink t shirt I thought I was the only one in the village :lol:

So Mr Nige hope you got home ok tonight your be dog tired in the morning but was a good chance to be parked up on the test track .
And now the big 50th birthday bash for next week . I can’t wait . :cool:

Stunning picture there peter as well :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Post by Arnoldhar »

Jason the pink draws the attention compliments the black, anyway nice to meet you all today, missed you on the way out. Car won concours best in show, now that was a surprise as there were some fantastic cars there. Hopefully see you next week if the sunburn has faded enough, at the moment it matches the tea shirt!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Some great photos of what looks like an amazing selection of Capris! The yellow mark 1, 5th from the end in the last photo is the one I saw driving along the road in Buckinghamshire a few months ago.
I'm pleased you all had a wonderful day (not hard when there are so many Capris to look at!) :D

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Wow!! Fantastic pics Peter. Thanks for sharing mate. Looked like you all had a brilliant day. What a cracking line up of Capris. Amazing. Forum Capris did us proud. I got a video call from Jason while I was sitting on my bus having a coffee break and he was really enjoying it there. Just what I needed :shock: :lol:

That tunnel run must have been great. I get excited doing it on my own :o :lol: but to have three of you must have been proper smart :) Especially as you made in through without break down again :applaud: :wave: :lol:

Anyway great pics Peter. Nice one mate :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Arnoldhar wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:48 pm Car won concours best in show, now that was a surprise as there were some fantastic cars there
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Well done Andrew and so well deserved. You know what I think of your 2.0S fella... absolutely gorgeous so no surprise you won best in show concours. Nice one mate :D
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Post by Brooksy »

Firstly, what a top day :woot:

Met Jason and his Dad and Peter and co (smashing cars chaps) at a Sainsbury's near Gravesend and after a brief chat, we made our way to Dunton.

It was great travelling in convoy and I enjoyed listening to Jason's and Peter's exhaust note in the Dartford tunnel (Jason's Pinto had the edge, not that I'm biased) Only kidding Peter ;)

Sorry, I let the side down chaps turning up in a filthy car but the rain on the way up yesterday was to blame :crying: I'm still coming to terms with the fact my car was out in the rain! Luckily I remembered to pack my car cleaning stuff eh!

Parking up on the track was a real privilege and I'm still in awe of the number of Capri's that were on show. There were some spectacular examples and it was great to chat with some of the lucky owners (Arnold, your black 2.0S is amazing and your award is definitely deserved). As Jason said, there weren't that many lasers, maybe 8 or 9? and one chap had a dark red 2.0 that had done 200k miles and still on its original engine!

In addition to the Capri's, there were some other lovely cars on show; so much to see and where did the time go? I did take some photos and will try and upload a few when I get chance.

Jason, I only realised that you were pointing to the petrol station when I'd gone past it :doh:. I managed to find one the outskirts of Slough though so all good.

Got home at 9.20, tired but happy. Thanks again Jason and Peter; I felt very welcomed. As for the journey home, best summed up as: :drive: .

Now to sort my brakes before Brooklands, no pressure then. Still, can't really complain as it's the first long journey my laser has done (490 miles, some of which were in heavy rain and some in hot weather stop start traffic).

Jason, thanks for the badges and I hope you didn't frighten that lady in the portaloo! :lol:
Nige Image
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

So there were a lot of Capris on show. Here's some, not necessarily the best but I was never going to capture around 250 of them so I just clicked away and captured a few for posterity!

ImageDSCN1674 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1644 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1693 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1694 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1695 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1696 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1697 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1698 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1699 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1700 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1701 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1702 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1703 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1704 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1705 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1706 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1707 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1708 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1709 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1710 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1711 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1713 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1714 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1715 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1716 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1717 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1718 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1719 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1720 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1721 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1722 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1723 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1724 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1725 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1726 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1727 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1728 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1729 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1730 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1731 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1732 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1733 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1734 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1735 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1736 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1737 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1738 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1739 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1740 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1741 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1742 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1743 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1744 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1745 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1746 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1747 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1749 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1750 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1751 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1752 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1753 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1754 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1755 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1756 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1757 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1758 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1759 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Great pics Peter :applaud:

Glad you all had a good day :cheers:
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Stunning pictures mate! Great to meet you all as well. Had a great day especially at the end. I’ll try and add a picture!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Looks like a great day and thanks to Peter for all the pics!

Great to see so many different variants of capri, particularly the ones that I haven't seen before - it seems that big events like this have got a few more people to bring their cars along to a show which is nice, means we can all gawp a bit more :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

First I am sure Andrew it was best t shirt in show :lol: glad you made it home Nigel yes I guessed you did not realise it was petrol station but glad you found one as the price of petrol on the M25 is a rip off .
Sorry Nick I really thought it’s afternoon you might have finished :lol: at least I got to see your bus as we kept on joking about if anybody had seen a Capri :lol:
Some more great pictures there peter I do hope our in house photography has plenty rolls of film next week , also nick has just confirmed the airshow for Brooklands is all booked what is great news think he has really pushed the boat out this time for a spitfire and a Lancaster.
We also spoke to The Doctor Brooklands who had the goblin works car , my dad spoke to him about his little problem but again his advice was to remove the mole :lol:
So the big one this Sunday weather looks good at the moment and I can’t wait
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:26 am Some more great pictures there peter I do hope our in house photography has plenty rolls of film next week
Doesn't this task get pinned on Andrew next week :)
But I will have the camera for the flypast ( ;) ) so happy to help out if necessary :D
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:07 pm I get excited doing it on my own
Strange Nick, as we were talking about you in your absence and this was one of the things we mentioned :lol: :wave:
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

I had a good day here, a real spectacle of Capris, and it was good to meet you and Jason, and I think there were other people I should have met from this forum too but missed them.

Was the black 2 litre up on ramps in dinner-plate clean condition mr arnoldhar or am I getting confused? That was the concourse winner yes?

Had a good journey home round M25 (unbelievably) - only marred by the fug on the windscreen of the massive amount of detailing spray my boys had lavished all over every surface of the car. I tried to rub it off with a dry cloth but no luck - its smear-tastic!

I would also echo the comment about it being very Injection-heavy in the MkIII area and that's from an injection owner. A few more 1.6L would have been of interest.
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Post by Arnoldhar »

yep that's the one Noel, never heard it called dinner plate condition, as long as that's just after the dishwasher and not before
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Ah cool. I did talk to you briefly early on. Congrats on the win, difficult to think of anything better there that day, so well deserved!

Noel.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

An excellent event, even my 18 year old son found plenty to do and look at.

Great to see so many Capris in one place. Some awesome machinery.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Thanks for uploading so many photos, Peter!
Wow, there are so many wonderful Capris at the show, and the great thing about the Capri is that very is a brilliant variety too.
I don't want to sound ungrateful about your photography efforts, but is there a photo available of Andrew's (arnoldhar) incredible S?
Congrats on your award, Andrew, by the way. What a fantastic achievement.

Andrew.