1987/ D Plate Crystal Blue 2.8 Injection Special

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Tinks

1987/ D Plate Crystal Blue 2.8 Injection Special

Post by Tinks »

I brought my Crystal Blue 2.8 Injection Special (my 4th 2.8i!) at the tail end of last summer and have been accumulating bits and bobs over since then to improve it where possible and have got round to pulling it out of the garage and get it up and running as not been on the road since 2006. Have cranked her over and have fuel to the metering unit and great spark but no go probably due to it running on seven year old fuel (smells like paint stripper!!!) so have a month to get her sorted before Classic Ford Show at the Pod. Have installed an improved steering wheel and NOS gearknob, have acquired a 5th genuine 280 wheel as spare to make up the set, have a 3" stainless steel exhaust to bolt on, have a K&N panel filter slotted in, an X frame axle location kit at the powdercoaters and need to intall my recently purchased Hi-Spec 4pots with 285ml discs. Am working on/have very nearly secured a Turbo Technics kit which i hope to fit over the winter if it comes off. Looking forward to giving her an airing and meeting some fellow Capri nuts.

Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Re: 1987/ D Plate Crystal Blue 2.8 Injection Special

Post by Ghia15 »

Looking good.

Old petrol is a right pain so get it out and put in plenty of fresh. You might also want to change your fuel filter as well.

All the best.
markthetart
Car(s): 2.8i special nimbus grey

Post by markthetart »

nice one. rare colour - my favourite actually.
always wanted a cyrstal blue= how mich you pay for her if you dont mind me asking?
if i were i woilud a full re-commission;
run some new fuel thru with injector cleaner and get up to temp then;
new fuel, oil and filter
new plugs
leads
belts
rotor arm
emission valve
check timing
set tappets, new r/c gaskets

bodywork looks very good!

I SPY SOME ENGINE BAY STICKERS!!! what? where you get? lol
Rosso Russ
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser, Rosso Red, 39,000 Miles

Post by Rosso Russ »

LOVELY Special you have there mate, very nice indeed. The colour really stands out :) I have the original dealer sticker in mine, would love the plates and tax disc holder too though - did you get somewhere to make these up for you or are you lucky enough that your original supplying dealer is still on the go and they were able to help out?
Russell A Macfarlane
Fife, Scotland
1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser, Rosso Red, 39,000 Miles
brunojaffa
Car(s): 2.8i restoration

Post by brunojaffa »

very nice car.
i bought one last week same year, colour, exactly the same car.
where did you get the exhaust from?
does it run on unleaded?
hoping to get mine sorted out by next summer its been off the road in dry lockup for the past 7yrs
Gjc
Car(s): Hopefully a 2.8i Special very soon

Post by Gjc »

I know I’m reviving a very old thread here but I actually bought this car today so if there’s any more history/information on the car that you have but didn’t post online then please do let me know!
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Congratulations on your purchase GJC and welcome to the forum.

Might it be an idea to start a new thread to cover your ownership of the car and showing us all what you do with it etc.

:goodluck:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:27 pm Congratulations on your purchase GJC and welcome to the forum.

Might it be an idea to start a new thread to cover your ownership of the car and showing us all what you do with it etc.

:goodluck:
As Paul said :welcome:

Sadly the OP doesn't appear to be on here anymore but :goodluck:

Put some pics up when possible :cheers:
Gjc
Car(s): Hopefully a 2.8i Special very soon

Post by Gjc »

Thanks for the warm welcome! Once the builders have finished my driveway I’ll be getting some pictures up don’t worry!
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Post by Brooksy »

Hi and :welcome: and you have what sounds and looks like a lovely 2.8i special. Look forward to seeing updates.
Nige Image