modern times

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

modern times

Post by stevemarl »

I`m sure it`s been mentioned before that the new 007 is to be a woman, (no doubt gay too, just to be on the safe side). About time too eh ? I thought that was as far as they could go, but no, it seems not. Appearing at the Royal Exchange Manchester in October:

The war is over, the victory complete. But for Macbeth, the triumphant forces’ most fearsome warrior, the battle for the throne is only just beginning – and she’ll stop at nothing to take the crown.
In an action-packed production Macbeth battles with her overwhelming ambition. As her thirst for power becomes all-consuming, she dangerously spirals out of control with violent and bloody consequences for all.

So Macbeth is now a woman. Presumably Lady Macbeth will be her lesbian civil partner? Makes you think: men really are no longer needed are they, they`re totally surplus to requirements now. As long as you`ve got hairy lesbians and a sperm bank... God help us.
Really getting pissed off with this - aand another thing, we`ve got a bunch of climate protesters closing the main road through MCr city centre for 4 days. The police say they will support peaceful protest but will arrest anyone braeking the law. So taking over and blocking a main road through the city for 4 days is NOT breaking the law? Yet if I were to park on Deansgate I`d be prosecuted for obstruction. Funny how very keen they were to shift miners in the `80s. I absolutely agree with the protesters arguments but how is stopping people going about their business going to affect anything? Go and sort out Xi, Putin and Trump - they`re the ones who can change things, but you can`t get near them can you? As long as there`s money to be made from f***ing this planet it will just carry on and on to the bitter end and no yellow boats and amazonian drummers will make an iota`s difference. `full of sound and fury, signifying nothing`
Rant over.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: modern times

Post by andyd »

Modern times or not, it's all getting out of hand Steve :doh:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Let's wait for the predictable response from a certain forum member...… :lol:

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

I get your point Steve & feel your frustration about the protestors etc, the worlds gone mad. As for messing with iconic movie characters, apart from 007 & Macbethan, they're also resurrecting some other iconic films like: The Good The Bad & The Beautiful, Ben Her, Dirty Carrie to name but a few. But it's ok, to balance this out, we've also got some Male role reversals movies coming soon like: Marky Poppins, Charlie's Uncles & Billy Jones's Diary. ;)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I had 12 week Counselling at £50 a session when Doctor who turned in to a woman , I was fine when I caught my dad in one of my mums dresses but Doctor Who .

Do like the sound of Macbeth being a lesbian never could get William Shakespeare at school but sounds more interesting now .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:16 pm they're also resurrecting some other iconic films like: The Good The Bad & The Beautiful, Ben Her, Dirty Carrie to name but a few. But it's ok, to balance this out, we've also got some Male role reversals movies coming soon like: Marky Poppins, Charlie's Uncles & Billy Jones's Diary. ;)
That`s really funny,esp. Ben Her. We spent this afternoon trying to think of alternative titles, but we could only come up with Macbethan, Romeo and Julian, July Caesar etc. As for `The Two Gentleman of Verona`, could`ve been written for them really...
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 pm
Do like the sound of Macbeth being a lesbian never could get William Shakespeare at school but sounds more interesting now .
I guess it could make it more interesting for at least 1/2 the class ;)
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:21 pm Let's wait for the predictable response from a certain forum member...… :lol:

Andrew.
It`ll be much ado about nothing as usual.