Fuse 2

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
foley8814
Car(s): Ford capri 2.0 modified

Fuse 2

Post by foley8814 »

Hi
Fuse 2 keeps blowing on my mk3 1986 capri,evreytime I put lights on the, only thing I've changed is the light fuse box on the bulk head and cleaned the rear lights plastic covers I never took out the rear lights as a hole unit it's weird! Thanks for your advice.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Fuse 2

Post by Peter-S »

When you say the light fuse box is that the relay - small metal box on the passenger side under the bonnet?
Anyway, I'd start by putting the old one back if you haven't already and see if that solves the problem.
Rear lights can also be temperamental so is it possible you have disturbed someone else's previous repair and maybe something is now shorting to earth?
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
foley8814

Post by foley8814 »

I've put old one back on still blowing fuse yes sorry i mean the relay, been fine then this, check all the earth's all seem fine have also checked rear lights no cracks.
Thanks for your reply
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

If memory serves the relay has 3 plugs that connect to it, the big one in the middle (4 connections) and 1 plug either side of it, it is possible to get the outer plugs mixed up as the loom that feeds them is long enough to make them interchangeable, don't whether getting them mixed up would cause a short but worth a look

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
foley8814

Post by foley8814 »

Cheers checked that first, I've relised it does it when I turn ignition on, no dash lights at all now but all others work in wipers lights and reverse just no dash lights and blowing fuse when I turn ignition on
foley8814

Post by foley8814 »

I bridged the dimmer switch a while ago and it's been fine but now the wire burnt out when it's not connected it doesn't blow the fuse??
foley8814

Post by foley8814 »

Well it seems to be a burnt out light bulb wire going to the clock the bulb wire had no bulb on it and wire was melted! I'm assuming it's that since its been up plugged dash lights and no fuse blowing!