Stolen!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Stolen!

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:20 am
stevemarl wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:10 am
Greater Manchester have lost about 20% of the front line staff in 10 years
Thank you Conservative government.
Mrs May again!!

You are right Steve we need alot more Police on the streets, and also not using them for targeting online bullying etc, that should have it's own dept.The chances of being caught after comitting a crime are slim so no real deterrent.
Or only to be let off by a leniant Judge. The punishment need to fit the crime.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

I think also the prisons are pretty well full so they probably err on the side of leniancy - `cos there are no places inside! So build more prisons then - don`t move the goalposts! Instead of £70Bn on HS2, more police, more prisons, something that`s actually needed. Container ships in the channel would make great prison ships. Society relies on most people doing the right thing, BECAUSE it`s the right thing, not for fear of being caught. Unfortunately the percentage who have no regard for laws/ other people is just growing and growing, something needs to change, if the carrot doesn`t work...
andyd

Post by andyd »

This country has all the wrong priorities.
More prisons are needed and don't make them glorified holiday camps that are a nice place to be. Prisons are for punishment!
andyd

Post by andyd »

From Capri World;
Did you know that low life cowards in your town mark vulnerable people and houses with symbols to notify other lowlife cowards where to attack?

If you know of friends and family who are in anyway vulnerable, why not have a discreet look outside there house. Check gate posts, walls, kerbs etc for any unusual markings.

Never assume the council or public utilities have left markings.

Here's a list of some they use. Add more if you know of any. Thanks.

SHARE FAR AND WIDE.
62340351_452165512213394_1135335559149912064_n.jpg
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I wondered why there was a circle with a cross through it painted on our house! :headscratch:

Stories like this pop up all the time, but I don't really believe them. Otherwise, everybody would paint the "too risky" symbol outside of their own house.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:29 pm I wondered why there was a circle with a cross through it painted on our house! :headscratch:

Stories like this pop up all the time, but I don't really believe them. Otherwise, everybody would paint the "too risky" symbol outside of their own house.

Andrew.
Just talking to a mate who was in the Police force a couple of years ago, and he said these signs were used alot by travellers to inform others in their community.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny as the mother in law has a Red Cross on her door something she did when she was a child
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

andyd wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 am This country has all the wrong priorities.
More prisons are needed and don't make them glorified holiday camps that are a nice place to be. Prisons are for punishment!

I remembered this post today: a report from the inspector of prisons has said that HMP Strangeways is squalid and full of vermin. It`s got rats too!
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:09 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 am This country has all the wrong priorities.

I remembered this post today: a report from the inspector of prisons has said that HMP Strangeways is squalid and full of vermin. It`s got rats too!
Good memory, a month to the day :)

How terrible for the rats to share a prison with the scum :sarcasmalert:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

andyd wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 pm
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:29 pm I wondered why there was a circle with a cross through it painted on our house! :headscratch:

Andrew.
Just talking to a mate who was in the Police force a couple of years ago, and he said these signs were used alot by travellers to inform others in their community.
I heard about something similar a few years ago - we lived in a house that backed onto a forest and there was a pile of mud/dirt behind someone's house with small stones in the top that was apparently a sign of which house to burgle
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Very odd. I got up this morning to find someone has nicked the Stormforce cover off my Capri in the drive.
The car wasnt touched, in fact the dust sheet i had on the car between it and the Stormforce cover is still there sitting over the roof and tops of the doors.

Whilst clearly relieved the car wasnt stolen, its a nuisance having to find £ 160 or so to replace the bloody cover.
andyd

Post by andyd »

:shock: Unbelievable!!!

Not cheap to replace, but as you say luckily it wasn't the car.

I have bought from this seller a couple of times https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stormforce-W ... Sw6n5XtEd2

You can buy a locking kit for those covers from same seller https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stormforce-V ... SwsltdH0hI

Maybe worth putting up a fake CCTV camera and/or a couple of signs??

:goodluck:
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Thanks for the link to PJ Covers, Ive ordered another cover and a lock.

I first wondered if they had been put off taking the car as it had a cable into the house which they might have thought was to do with security (it was just to run a battery optimiser). But if that was the case they would have just left when they spotted the cable hanging from the bonnet, rather than walking off with the cover.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Not_Anumber wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:21 am Thanks for the link to PJ Covers, Ive ordered another cover and a lock.

I first wondered if they had been put off taking the car as it had a cable into the house which they might have thought was to do with security (it was just to run a battery optimiser). But if that was the case they would have just left when they spotted the cable hanging from the bonnet, rather than walking off with the cover.
Who knows what goes through their minds :?
Unless they wanted the cover I bet they have thrown it somewhere locally, might be worth a look around a few local streets/gardens?

If you find it then at least you have a spare :)
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I'd ask a few neighbours who may have CCTV if they could have a look at someone walking around with the cover.

There is a good chance they wanted it for their own car, or that it may end up on ebay, so worth having a glance on there also, for a seller from your area with one listed.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

pbar wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:26 am
There is a good chance they wanted it for their own car, or that it may end up on ebay, so worth having a glance on there also, for a seller from your area with one listed.
At £160 I think it`s quite likely. Trouble is, even if it was spotted a couple of streets away, could you identify it? Definitely put some ID on a new one.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Wow!
It takes some nerve to go onto someone's property to remove a car cover from a car.
What is the world coming to?

Andrew.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Answers on a postcard to...
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

May the thieving bastard's be infested with the flea's of a thousand camel's

Mr B
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest