Brooklands 50th Attendance

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Brooklands 50th Attendance

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Daz-RSK wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:01 am I am thinking of you guys and the uncompromising position you have placed yourselves in.
Thank you for thinking of us.
Obviously I can't speak for the others, but in my case it's an easy decision to make because Dunton is significantly further from home than Brooklands. In addition, Brooklands was announced first and time off from work was booked around that event. In an ideal world I'd have loved to have gone to the Dunton event, and probably would have attended both events if they were either on consecutive days or separated by several months. Two long distance events on consecutive weekends would be too much for me. Therefore, for me, it's one event or the other and Brooklands was selected for the reasons stated previously. If it rains on that day, sure I'll probably be disappointed for a while. However, the world will continue to turn and life will go on...

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:41 pm
Daz-RSK wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:01 am I am thinking of you guys and the uncompromising position you have placed yourselves in.
Thank you for thinking of us.
Obviously I can't speak for the others, but in my case it's an easy decision to make because Dunton is significantly further from home than Brooklands. In addition, Brooklands was announced first and time off from work was booked around that event. In an ideal world I'd have loved to have gone to the Dunton event, and probably would have attended both events if they were either on consecutive days or separated by several months. Two long distance events on consecutive weekends would be too much for me. Therefore, for me, it's one event or the other and Brooklands was selected for the reasons stated previously. If it rains on that day, sure I'll probably be disappointed for a while. However, the world will continue to turn and life will go on...

Andrew.
:helpinghand: such great words sir . :applaud: the part about rain made me cry I know nick is having therapy since whistable and I have booked myself in for 6 sessions .
:cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

'uncompromising position' eh! Blimey, I thought I'd signed up for a couple of car shows. Clearly more important than I realised 😉
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Peter-S wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:05 pm 'uncompromising position' eh! Blimey, I thought I'd signed up for a couple of car shows. Clearly more important than I realised 😉
Don’t forget the fly past at Brooklands peter :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:30 pm
Peter-S wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:05 pm 'uncompromising position' eh! Blimey, I thought I'd signed up for a couple of car shows. Clearly more important than I realised 😉
Really looking forward to it Jason :D
You need planes to make a proper day out ;)
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

:sorry: But I won't be at Brooklands :(

Got a letter today to go into hospital on September 6th for a small op on my leg. Obviously sticthes will be involved so driving, sitting and standing for any period of time will be somewhat uncomfortable for a few days, so really my decision has been made for me.

As Andrew, Dunton is way to far in one day, and I have a family commitment that weekend anyway.

Hopefully both events are a success, it stays dry and everyone has a good time.

:cheers:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Peter-S wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:20 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:30 pm
Really looking forward to it Jason :D
You need planes to make a proper day out ;)
We have asked for the red arrows this time mate if not we will dress up as the dambusters and do a dance in the car park :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 pm :sorry: But I won't be at Brooklands :(

Got a letter today to go into hospital on September 6th for a small op on my old boy Obviously sticthes will be involved so driving, sitting and standing for any period of time will be somewhat uncomfortable for a few days, so really my decision has been made for me.

As Andrew, Dunton is way to far in one day, and I have a family commitment that weekend anyway.

Sorry to here you will not be at the Brooklands mate and best of luck with the op on your old boy :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Got a letter today to go into hospital on September 6th for a small op on my leg.
Sorry to hear about that Andy. I hope everything goes as planned with the op.
Don't worry about not going to Brooklands. Word on the street is that somebody there might be taking some photos. You won't miss a thing! :D

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:23 pm

Got a letter today to go into hospital on September 6th for a small op on my old boy Obviously sticthes will be involved so driving, sitting and standing for any period of time will be somewhat uncomfortable for a few days, so really my decision has been made for me.

Sorry to here you will not be at the Brooklands mate and best of luck with the op on your old boy :beer:
:shock: :headscratch:
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:34 pm

Got a letter today to go into hospital on September 6th for a small op on my leg.
Sorry to hear about that Andy. I hope everything goes as planned with the op.
Don't worry about not going to Brooklands. Word on the street is that somebody there might be taking some photos. You won't miss a thing! :D

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew.

I'm sure there will be lots of pics, just make sure you have enough film in your camera :D You can Photoshop my car in afterwards :wave:
Daz-RSK
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.8i Special

Post by Daz-RSK »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:23 pm best of luck with the op on your old boy :beer:
Now that is a compromising position! :lol:

Perhaps time to shut up before there are more compromised positions.

That's fair enough Andrew. Dunton isn't probably that much further on from Booklands as you may think, certainly across the distance you are travelling and if you could only do the one show. They are 60 miles apart but if I guess that you are coming from Wales, you wouldn't really pass Brooklands to get to Dunton.

Anyway, that's semantics and your mind is made up. Brooklands is the preference but I am only thinking if you are stuck for an event, that was all.

I'll be at Brooklands anyway but probably with the KLCC!
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:22 pm [
We have asked for the red arrows this time mate if not we will dress up as the dambusters and do a dance in the car park :lol:
Jason mate, you know the phrase 'uncompromising position' that has appeared in this thread, well ...
The Red Arrows are at an airshow in St Loius (yep St Louis in America) on 8th September so it looks like you need to dust off the dambusters march cd :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Peter-S wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:46 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:22 pm [
Jason mate, you know the phrase 'uncompromising position' that has appeared in this thread, well ...
The Red Arrows are at an airshow in St Loius (yep St Louis in America) on 8th September so it looks like you need to dust off the dambusters march cd :lol:
O not a double book , Mr Pinto Nick get them costumes out mate looks like we are doing a display . Don’t worry we will do our best :lol:
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Post by Brooksy »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:28 am I did here that Steve is doing a talk on “ The Pinto as Fords say it’s the best Engine in the world “ will he being doing this talk at Dunton and Brooklands as Nick will be singing that great number one Hit from Mr John Lennon “ imagine “
Love the words .

Imagine there's no pinto
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no pinto, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us ( this part for the V6 owners )
And the world will be as one .

Will be amazing after the song Mr Steve comes on stage then talks about the Pinto Engine .

Can’t wait . :applaud:
:lol: :lol: :cool:
Nige Image
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Got a letter today to go into hospital on September 6th for a small op on my leg. Obviously sticthes will be involved so driving, sitting and standing for any period of time will be somewhat uncomfortable for a few days, so really my decision has been made for me.

Sorry to hear Andy and shame you can't attend; there'll be other events in the future though. All the best for the 6th and your recovery.

I'm going to try and make one or the other or even both if I can (only been able to make 2 shows this year, so making up for that fact). Catch up soon. :)
Nige Image
andyd

Post by andyd »

Brooksy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Sorry to hear Andy and shame you can't attend; there'll be other events in the future though. All the best for the 6th and your recovery.

I'm going to try and make one or the other or even both if I can (only been able to make 2 shows this year, so making up for that fact). Catch up soon. :)
:cheers: :cool:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 pmGot a letter today to go into hospital on September 6th for a small op on my leg.
Hope all goes well Andy. :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:39 am ALL DONE CHAPS.! :)

Just sent our final numbers (18 Capris) off to Kris to reserve our forum space at Brooklands :)
Thanks Nick. Looking forward to it; hoping the weather is kind. Will be an early start for me as I'm coming from Devon. I've been to Brooklands before, albeit just to visit the museum and see part of the old track/airfield. Superb venue. :cool:
Nige Image
Cosmicbike
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser Resto Project

Post by Cosmicbike »

Woo Hoo, we shall go to the ball. The old tart, who is most likely going to be called Debs unless someone comes up with a better idea (D332 VCW) is now running lovely (with a few rattles of course), so just going to shove the passenger seat in for my lad, and we'll be along to make the rest of the forum cars look even better....
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Cosmicbike wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:50 pm Woo Hoo, we shall go to the ball. The old tart, who is most likely going to be called Debs unless someone comes up with a better idea (D332 VCW) is now running lovely (with a few rattles of course), so just going to shove the passenger seat in for my lad, and we'll be along to make the rest of the forum cars look even better....
:cool: as for another name, DEE is the only other one that comes to mind. :lol: :sorry:
Nige Image