Brookland woes

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ThatGuy
Car(s): 1986 2.0 laser

Brookland woes

Post by ThatGuy »

So with Brooklands getting ever nearer, it's becoming more apparent to me that my capri won't be finished in time :/
To say I'm disappointed and annoyed at myself is an understatement, but with an impending house purchase and now a holiday to save for let alone the time scale, it just isn't going to happen.
I'll still be there to see old faces (and new) but my slutty shit box capri won't be making an appreance unfortunately, so no one can park next to me to make their car look good :D
Maybe one day I'll actually get the slut to where I'm happy with and show her off to the world, but I doubt it.
Rant over
Ratty as fuck
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Brookland woes

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Sorry to hear that Tom, as you've been putting in lots of hard work on the car to reach the Brooklands deadline.
Still, at least there will be plenty of Capris at Brooklands to give you some ideas and inspiration for what you want to do with your car.

Andrew.
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

Andrew I've literally been out in the garage every night for the last year haha but as I said to get it done in time I'd just need to put a big chunk of my house fund to go towards parts.
So on the upside I guess I'm slowly becoming an adult as usually I'd just say fuck it and spend the money :lol:
Ratty as fuck
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

ThatGuy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:50 pm Andrew I've literally been out in the garage every night for the last year haha but as I said to get it done in time I'd just need to put a big chunk of my house fund to go towards parts.
So on the upside I guess I'm slowly becoming an adult as usually I'd just say fuck it and spend the money :lol:
Hi Tom,

That's a shame re the Capri mate but these things cant be helped and no point putting extra pressure on yourself with everything else to tend to ie the house purchase and holiday and anyway for me these meets are just as much about meeting the good folk behind the motors so it would be fantastic to see you again mate even without the Capri...think the last time we met was at Brooklands 45th :lol:

Tom, please come over say hello fella as be great to catch up. Good luck with the house mate as some things really are just 'bigger' than a Capri :lol:

All the best fella

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:54 pm
ThatGuy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:50 pm Andrew I've literally been out in the garage every night for the last year haha but as I said to get it done in time I'd just need to put a big chunk of my house fund to go towards parts.
Hi Tom,

That's a shame re the Capri mate but these things cant be helped and no point putting extra pressure on yourself with everything else to tend to ie the house purchase and holiday and anyway for me these meets are just as much about meeting the good folk behind the motors so it would be fantastic to see you again mate even without the Capri...think the last time we met was at Brooklands 45th :lol:

Tom, please come over say hello fella as be great to catch up. Good luck with the house mate as some things really are just 'bigger' than a Capri :lol:

All the best fella

Nick
Cheers nick, I'll deffinately swing by and say hi.
Yes the last time was the 45th haha since then I've pretty much just kept myself to myself, I stepped away from the capri scene for a few year while I had other projects on the go, but if anything the 50th give me and excuse to take my motorbike for a ride so that's always a nice thing :)
Ratty as fuck