Garage Stuff - Aldi

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Garage Stuff - Aldi

Post by pbar »

Aldi have some very interesting garage items in at the moment. I haven't bought any so can't offer a review, but thought I would post about them in case it helps anyone. The tool chest looks especially good for example, those things cost a fortune elsewhere. The chest is £39.99 and the heavy duty shelving £23.99

340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Re: Garage Stuff - Aldi

Post by 340truck »

LIDL have a no gas mig welder for £80. Great bit of kit to learn welding with, no gas is ok for welding up your car and best to use if you have to do the job outside. Auto welding helmets also for £23....get started!
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Shelf rack looks interesting, just what I need to stack a few 20 litre cubies of veg oil, I keep running out of space. Had to take 1,000 litres to the commercial collector t'other week - couldn't get in the front room.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

340truck wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:08 pm LIDL have a no gas mig welder for £80. Great bit of kit to learn welding with, no gas is ok for welding up your car and best to use if you have to do the job outside. Auto welding helmets also for £23....get started!
Thanks for the heads up Dave, got one to replace my old arc welder :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

pbar wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:27 am Aldi have some very interesting garage items in at the moment. I haven't bought any so can't offer a review, but thought I would post about them in case it helps anyone. The tool chest looks especially good for example, those things cost a fortune elsewhere. The chest is £39.99 and the heavy duty shelving £23.99

Brilliant heads up Paul. As you say they usually cost alot more elsewhere.!! With my fixed shelves in my garage not sure I have the room but at some stage will look into trying to fit do etching like this. At this price you could afford to but 2/3 and have great storage for your tools. Mine are just scattered around in plastic tray thingies so this would be so much better. I plan to put up pain wooden shelves along the top of thd walls which will free up room on the fixed shelving. If I can fin a chest that fits onto the shelf it would be great. Thanks Paul. Whilst I won't rush and buy one it certainly has given me some ideas mate.

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Thanks Nick. I do have Aldi's plastic shelves which are similar to these, but these heavy duty ones seem great.