Mk3 Laser 2.0L Mad Max style for sale

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Luke1508
Car(s): First was a Capri was a 3.0 V6 Essex sadly not with us now.
I currently have a 2.0 Laser which WILL last longer than the first

Mk3 Laser 2.0L Mad Max style for sale

Post by Luke1508 »

Hey guys

My Mk3 Ford Capri 2.0l Laser is up for sale

It’s had a full strip down respray by previous owner, then recently sprayed satin black for a certain kind of look :xd: Starts and drives no probs, manual choke fitted as it had an auto but it sucked.. K&N air filter, race cam and springs, Wilwood front brakes and Gaz rear shocks. Side exit exhaust sounds amazing with lots of pops and bangs - true Mad Max fashion!
Also recently added new Toyo tyres on steel Weller wheels. MOT til February 2020 I have all the paper work. it does have its faults.... burns a bit of oil, I have a knocking/ticking on cold start and have been told it could be built up oil on the lifters.. drivers window doesn’t open and the tape player doesn’t work...
it’s currently up for £6000 but I’m expected to be knocked down.. I know it needs a bit of work. So any offers considered 👍 here is the old eBay link if you wanna take a peek: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-M ... SwpIJdQDpB
Luke1508

Re: Mk3 Laser 2.0L Mad Max style for sale

Post by Luke1508 »

Price dropped to £5000 think 6 was optimistic :lol:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Luke1508 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:20 pm Price dropped to £5000 think 6 was optimistic :lol:
Looks very similar to the last one! :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

It has to be said... whilst I understand the look you`ve gone for, I think when it comes to selling, it would have achieved much more with the original paint?
Luke1508

Post by Luke1508 »

Haha I tried to bring my old one back to life didn’t wanna let go.. yeah when I changed the colour I had no intention of selling it.. would’ve been better with original paint now :banghead:
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

The satin black gives a nice understated look. There will be a market- just look at the number of cars wrapped in matt black.

I fear that advertising it as a Mad max lookalike will be narrowing your market though. Its not very far down the Interceptor lookalike route really but it is quite a sound looking Capri so you might be best off trying to make the most of what it actually is which will improve your chances of selling it for good money.

A couple of photos of the engine and interior will help more than a wheel by a kitchen door or the car against a graffiti covered wall.

You can pickup a cheap 2nd hand window regulator from Martin or Nial and it will only take you an hour to fit.

Best to just say the engine runs ok but could probably do with a rebuild at some point.
Luke1508

Post by Luke1508 »

Hey guys

Thanks for all the advice... although now in a great change of circumstances I can keep the car! I got it looked at too seems it was the cam wildly out.. it’s been tuned up and running like it should!

Thanks again
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Thats an excellent result mate. Enjoy having a capri and dont forget to drop into the forum from time to time as many of us have been in the same position here. :beer: