Ace cafe 3rd August 2019

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Ace cafe 3rd August 2019

Post by Jasonmarie »

So the word is out you can register for the ace cafe this year .

Did not think these boys would be doing the ace this year with the big one in September but yes they are .

Link here to sign up boys and girls .

http://www.surreycapriclub.co.uk/
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Ace cafe 3rd August 2019

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Jason.

Already done mate :) Now just to get the day off work if I can !!! You just beat me to posting up a thread for The Ace. Great minds !!

Yep cracking little meet this. Really hope to get along. Tom seen it on fb other day and has booked in too. John said he was going to as well. Kris and Calvin were unsure last year whether this would go ahead with Brooklands being so near so fair play to them. As said I booked in but just praying I can find a driver to swap duties with me !!

Cheers fella
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I was going to say you Tipped me of about the Ace with ref Mr Tom spotting it . This was a great day last year so really hope you can swap shifts mate :beer:
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

I’ve registered as well. Great spot!
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Yes, it is back on again, but me & Calvin do see things differently on this. As far as we're concerned it's low key this year, no stickers or anything, simply because we have Brooklands to look after. It's more what Calvin wanted to do this year, and he know my thoughts on it too. We are far too busy to put it on in honesty! However, this should not stop anyone from going, I shall be there, but I'm not entirely sure what car yet as I might be going on afterwards somewhere & need to avoid the ULEZ charge!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

No a big thank you to all at the Surrey Capri club as it was a great meet up last year at the Ace . Looks like we are all meeting up at South Mins again :beer:

Parking up with Steve’s Johns and Nicks paintwork will make my look like a rat rod Capri :lol:
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Jasonmarie wrote:No a big thank you to all at the Surrey Capri club as it was a great meet up last year at the Ace . Looks like we are all meeting up at South Mins again :beer:

Parking up with Steve’s Johns and Nicks paintwork will make my look like a rat rod Capri :lol:
No problems, Brooklands will be so much better! Give all you guys a good time!
Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

Jasonmarie wrote:No a big thank you to all at the Surrey Capri club as it was a great meet up last year at the Ace . Looks like we are all meeting up at South Mins again :beer:

Looking forward to meeting up again! Hopefully a few more will join in on the convoy down :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Stish704 wrote:

Looking forward to meeting up again! Hopefully a few more will join in on the convoy down :D
Yes that was good lastime with everybody watching and looking :beer: I will be bringing a hat with some factor 50 this time . :lol:
Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

Jasonmarie wrote:
Stish704 wrote:

Yes that was good lastime with everybody watching and looking :beer: I will be bringing a hat with some factor 50 this time . :lol:
I’ll be taking some more money to pay for the ridiculously overpriced breakfast!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Stish704 wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:
Stish704 wrote:
I’ll be taking some more money to pay for the ridiculously overpriced breakfast!
I used dad’s Visa card lastime :lol:
Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

Bad news guys. Can’t make the Ace this year! Other commitments have come up. Sorry folks!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

That’s a shame steve there’s always next year mate .
Also folks I noticed it starts at 10 not 11 .
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Stish704 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:04 am Bad news guys. Can’t make the Ace this year! Other commitments have come up. Sorry folks!
Ahh Steve that's a great shame. I was looking forward to catching up fella. Did not get much of a chance at Deal being parked up in different areas this year. Out of interest are you going to Herne Bay fella?? . I ain't booked up for this as was not sure if I could make it but might pop down there for the day if I am free. The show is fully booked up now I believe. As said if I am free I might ponder down that way but will wait and check if the wife is at work..... If not she prob will have plans for me :lol:
Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:16 pm
Stish704 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:04 am Bad news guys. Can’t make the Ace this year! Other commitments have come up. Sorry folks!
Ahh Steve that's a great shame. I was looking forward to catching up fella. Did not get much of a chance at Deal being parked up in different areas this year. Out of interest are you going to Herne Bay fella?? . I ain't booked up for this as was not sure if I could make it but might pop down there for the day if I am free. The show is fully booked up now I believe. As said if I am free I might ponder down that way but will wait and check if the wife is at work..... If not she prob will have plans for me :lol:
Yeah, shame as I wanted to catch up with you all to!
No, not doing Herne Bay either. We have my aunt and uncles 60th anniversary party the night before in Dunstable .
My next show will probably be Dunton on the 1st September.
You going to that one?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Stish704 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:55 amMy next show will probably be Dunton on the 1st September.
You going to that one?
Steve unlikely as being the week before Brooklands getting the time off work for Dunton is gonna be tricky. Think I booked a ticket for Dunton as a plan in case I can get the day off but won't know till nearer the time. If not prob won't see you till Brooklands then mate. Cheers
Wideboy
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Post by Wideboy »

Hi Nick
Looks like I was on the list...Hopefully see you at South Mimms...We you be in the usual place..Jeff
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Wideboy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:00 pmHopefully see you at South Mimms...We you be in the usual place..Jeff
Yep will be in usual place Jeff. Time wise it looks like meet up will be any time from 0845 with a view to leaving about 0930 as looks like Ace kicks off at 10 mate. I'll put up confirmation of this next couple of days. Nice one Jeff. Hope to see you Sat then.
Wideboy
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Post by Wideboy »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:19 pm
Wideboy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:00 pmHopefully see you at South Mimms...We you be in the usual place..Jeff
Yep will be in usual place Jeff. Time wise it looks like meet up will be any time from 0845 with a view to leaving about 0930 as looks like Ace kicks off at 10 mate. I'll put up confirmation of this next couple of days. Nice one Jeff. Hope to see you Sat then.
Blimey what happened to the the meet at 9.30 for a 10.30 leave I thought I was on for a lay in :D :D :D :D :lol: See you in the usual spot...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Wideboy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:10 pmBlimey what happened to the the meet at 9.30 for a 10.30 leave I thought I was on for a lay in :D :D :D :D :lol: See you in the usual spot...

:lol: :lol: Jeff I was surprised too mate but just checked on the fb page for The Ace Day again and yep deffo says 10am but no need to rush to get there dead on as we are all booked in the car park so the set off time of 0930 from S. Mimms could be a bit later by the time we stop chatting and drinking coffee :lol:

See you there fellla...