Lucky Escape!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Lucky Escape!

Post by andyd »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9434330/d ... -car-show/

As many other morons are doing similar, this will get car shows banned :(
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Lucky Escape!

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Apparently, he was driving the car for a friend. Oh dear.
Probably now an ex-friend, I would have thought!

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Too much power, too little talent. What a bell - end driving like that, there could have been kids playing in the garden where the wall collapsed. :wank:

I've no sympathy and hope he had to pay for both the car and the wall repairs out of his own pocket to teach him a lesson.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:24 pm Too much power, too little talent. What a bell - end driving like that, there could have been kids playing in the garden where the wall collapsed. :wank:

I've no sympathy and hope he had to pay for both the car and the wall repairs out of his own pocket to teach him a lesson.
:agree: Paul, as do many more on Facebook where I first saw it.

With the video evidence there should be major money payout from the driver for all this damage, and a good driving ban too.

As you say luckily no one else was hurt.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:06 pm Apparently, he was driving the car for a friend. Oh dear.
Probably now an ex-friend, I would have thought!

Andrew.
That's right Andrew.
Obviously no respect for other peoples property.

Sad to say, but this will happen at Haynes at some point and ruin that for everyone else.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Someone showed me this earlier today funnily enough.

I bet all those gathered round taking pictures on their phones really got on his nerves. Seems to be the case nowadays, I know this was quite extreme, but the slightest thing happens and all and sundry get their phones out.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Thats a amazing I’ve not seen a Rover 75 for ages in the drive way with the broken wall , does say that the Police put it down to the steering wheel being put the wrong side of the car . :doh:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:31 pm Someone showed me this earlier today funnily enough.

I bet all those gathered round taking pictures on their phones really got on his nerves. Seems to be the case nowadays, I know this was quite extreme, but the slightest thing happens and all and sundry get their phones out.
:agree: When the Police arrived they should have removed all onlookers.

If it wasn't for the audience it might not have happenend in the first place.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:39 am
pbar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:31 pm Someone showed me this earlier today funnily enough.

:agree: When the Police arrived they should have removed all onlookers.

If it wasn't for the audience it might not have happenend in the first place.
We did have a muppet doing wheel spins on the field at the CCI last year ............

Now who was that :whistle:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

It's a self-perpetuating problem. The clown drivers like to show off in front of the crowds, so the crowds get larger to watch the action. Before you know it more clowns feel the need to pretend they have a large gentleman's appendage, and so on ad infinitum.
The location of the Haynes museum is such that there isn't much else around and there doesn't seem to be much non-show traffic. Hopefully they won't run into any difficulties with the authorities regarding anti-social driving.
It would be a shame to lose such a great meet.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:42 pm It's a self-perpetuating problem. The clown drivers like to show off in front of the crowds, so the crowds get larger to watch the action. Before you know it more clowns feel the need to pretend they have a large gentleman's appendage, and so on ad infinitum.
The location of the Haynes museum is such that there isn't much else around and there doesn't seem to be much non-show traffic. Hopefully they won't run into any difficulties with the authorities regarding anti-social driving.
It would be a shame to lose such a great meet.

Andrew.
They could check and anybody with a white face paint on and a big red nose also wearing a ginger or red wig would be banned from entering the show

Or if they don’t have a large gentleman's appendage they would be banned as well :lol: what a shame as that rules out bringing my dad to shows :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:57 pm They could check and anybody with a white face paint on and a big red nose also wearing a ginger or red wig would be banned from entering the show
:D
It shouldn't get that far as surely the wheels and doors will fall off their cars every time they sound their klaxon horn. :D

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:03 am
Jasonmarie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:57 pm They could check and anybody with a white face paint on and a big red nose also wearing a ginger or red wig would be banned from entering the show
:D
It shouldn't get that far as surely the wheels and doors will fall off their cars every time they sound their klaxon horn. :D

Andrew.
:lol: o yes I forgot that bit :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Another one :doh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr0KlPsVmLk

Not my sort of event, but this will no longer be held https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/at-lea ... 4377843536

Only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

The first clip is almost exactly the same sort of thing as we had in Trafford Park last year, illegal road racing events at night where dickheads scream up and down a road lined with spectators. There was a fatality last year - but still they go on. The police MUST know (you can hear the engines screaming from well over 2 miles away, in fact at Stretford nick! Oh, I forgot, that closes at 6.) There seems to be no respect for law, life, anything.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:01 am The police MUST know
In this case, one of the comments states that the road where this happened is "not far from a huge police station". I understand that the police can't manage every activity going, but if there is a history of this kind of behaviour there, you'd think they'd be fully aware of what is happening and that they'd be able to organise some sort of presence. That would probably just move the problem elsewhere though.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:01 am The first clip is almost exactly the same sort of thing as we had in Trafford Park last year, illegal road racing events at night where dickheads scream up and down a road lined with spectators. There was a fatality last year - but still they go on. The police MUST know (you can hear the engines screaming from well over 2 miles away, in fact at Stretford nick! Oh, I forgot, that closes at 6.) There seems to be no respect for law, life, anything.
Sadly Steve if there is an audience you will get some :wank:

The Haynes meet we do on a Sunday morning has had Police present and signs stating drive carefully, but it was still rife with people speeding the last time we went! So I think we need to make the most of it before that gets closed down too :(
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Showing off can be fun.... spent years being too fucked up in the head.. literally fucking decades thinking that showing off was automatically bad, but having fun and having some front (bit of ego in other words)is normal, animals do it and we are animals.

But there is a balance and thats the issue we have, people take it too seriously, fashion industry and status symbol ideologies are making society sick....

Ahem digressed. But yeah if showing off is more important than others lives.. yeah, the pendulum has swung too far on their minds. They let their animal ego show off part override their vital other balancing parts.

And yay, a minority spoil it and give all of the above a bad name.

Respect to the organiser for standing up and being honest and fronting it out.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Resurrecting this cos a couple of weeks ago there was a `crossing the central barrier` incident leaving a car meet at Barton and now this. The thing is, the bad one in Trafford Park where people died, it stopped for a while but then it restarted again. It`s so loud you can hear it at Stretford Nick, yet they seem to just turn a blind eye?
https://www.aol.co.uk/news/five-serious ... 45308.html
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:48 am Resurrecting this cos a couple of weeks ago there was a `crossing the central barrier` incident leaving a car meet at Barton and now this. The thing is, the bad one in Trafford Park where people died, it stopped for a while but then it restarted again. It`s so loud you can hear it at Stretford Nick, yet they seem to just turn a blind eye?
https://www.aol.co.uk/news/five-serious ... 45308.html
Some meets are an accident waitng to happen, and standing there watching you are at risk. Now people have been injured hopefully something will be done but I won't hold out too much hope :roll: