Injector collars stuck!

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
GT4
Car(s): 2.8 injection special

Injector collars stuck!

Post by GT4 »

Anyone got any tips to remove the injector collars? Struggled to get the injectors out and now cant get the collars and seals out from 3 of them.
Worried bits might drop in manifold if i break them out?
Attachments
IMG_0152.jpg
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

Re: Injector collars stuck!

Post by brooky »

I had to take my manifold off to get them out but I am sure someone has an easier method, good old ford design for maintenance again :wank:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

What are they made of ?, A bit of plastic or rubber will go thru the mill ok, so maybe tap a thread in em and yank em out with a bolt ....other than that Google it😃
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »

Hi

Mine were stuck hard and fast too. They are only rubber believe it or not.

I blocked the port up with some blue paper towel. I felt if that fell in then it wouldn’t last long. I used a small screwdriver to carefully lever the remains away. They came apart in pieces and it was painstaking.

The key thing is not to scratch the alloy.

You’ll be left with a brown grit like residue but this will go with some fine wire wool and a can in carb cleaner. Clean the ports up well. You want a good seal here.

Key thing don’t rush, take your time.
Can’t remember where I got the new seals from now. Don’t they come with a head gasket set?

Olly w
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Use a hot air gun to soften the plastic then they are easier to get out,
GT4
Car(s): 2.8 injection special

Post by GT4 »

Finally got them out using Martins method as I was afraid to scratch the alloy as ollyw mentioned. Now just got to clean the ports up and get rid of the residue left in there!