Stolen!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Stolen!

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 am I have found this small sign to be very good .
I've heard about your M.I.L Jason, and I wouldn't risk it :poke: :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:47 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 am I have found this small sign to be very good .
I've heard about your M.I.L Jason, and I wouldn't risk it :poke: :)
Nothing to be worried about Andy... :shock: .... :lol: :lol:

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

:lol: I think that’s when she was a lot younger , more like this now as this was talking last year when she went to top her tan up around the pool
Attachments
89454AF8-36DD-4DF3-BF7C-AAFE51490410.jpeg
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

That's a bear behind guys :lol: :sorry:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I wonder if there's any news on the Capri being recovered yet?
I can't help thinking that if the car has been off the road for 7 years, presumably parked in the garage where it was taken from for all of that time, the person who took it must have known it was there - that is, it wasn't an opportunist theft.
andyd wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:11 am A good time to check and/or increase your security and make it as difficult as possible for these lowlife.
Definitely worth thinking about.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 am I wonder if there's any news on the Capri being recovered yet?
I can't help thinking that if the car has been off the road for 7 years, presumably parked in the garage where it was taken from for all of that time, the person who took it must have known it was there - that is, it wasn't an opportunist theft.
andyd wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:11 am A good time to check and/or increase your security and make it as difficult as possible for these lowlife.
Definitely worth thinking about.

Andrew.
Not heard anything about the car since Andrew.
As you say a strange theft really...There's only so much we can do to secure our cars before it makes it a chore.

I increased my agreed value this week, not just because of this sort of thing but I felt it was a little low in the current market.
I actually said to the chap on the phone "At least I have it in writing incase you decide not to pay out" :lol: He just said "As if we would" :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:46 am I increased my agreed value this week, not just because of this sort of thing but I felt it was a little low in the current market.
I actually said to the chap on the phone "At least I have it in writing incase you decide not to pay out" :lol: He just said "As if we would" :)
That sounds like a nice pain-free process! What company are you with?

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:37 am
andyd wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:46 am I increased my agreed value this week, not just because of this sort of thing but I felt it was a little low in the current market.
That sounds like a nice pain-free process! What company are you with?

Andrew.
Brentacre in Swansea.
Just had to fill out the form and return via email. No pics required as no change to apperance of car, but a £20 mid term adjustment fee.
andyd

Post by andyd »

From Capri World;
I know it’s not a Capri but can we get this out there. STOLEN!!!
My Dolomite has been stolen from Blackheath, reg BPD 144T. Keep your eyes open please and share this.
62176772_2546897028655147_346421990397050880_n.jpg
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:47 pm From Capri World;
I know it’s not a Capri but can we get this out there. STOLEN!!!
My Dolomite has been stolen from Blackheath, reg BPD 144T. Keep your eyes open please and share this.

62176772_2546897028655147_346421990397050880_n.jpg
Black Heath London if parked on the road i am not surprised , was in the Metro papers that cars around London are being stolen more with this keyless entry.

Such a shame only wish there was something to stop these sods from nicking stuff .
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:58 pm
Such a shame only wish there was something to stop these sods from nicking stuff .
An actual proper punishment which would double up as a deterrent would be a good start instead of, well, virtually nothing which is what we currently seem to have.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Couldn`t agree more Paul, I`ve heard people (in the old Hulme flats) their lives & living conditions were so poor that prison was just a change of scenery, just a hazard of the job. Personally, and many (Deb) won`t agree, For rapists, child killers, people who prey on old people, terrorists, I`d have a special room where the families could come at any time, with any implements/tools they wished, to have a little `interview` with the offender. There would be no warning so every day when the t**t woke up... they`d never know! Minor but persistant thieves would eventually start losing fingers, then hands. When it became common knowledge, what `Jonno` had had done to him inside, probably in more ways than one, yeah maybe they`d think twice?

Thinking of changing my name by deed pole BTW, Travis Bickle has a certain ring to it? :D
pbar

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 am
Thinking of changing my name by deed pole BTW, Travis Bickle has a certain ring to it? :D
Good choice!
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 am Couldn`t agree more Paul, I`ve heard people (in the old Hulme flats) their lives & living conditions were so poor that prison was just a change of scenery, just a hazard of the job. Personally, and many (Deb) won`t agree, For rapists, child killers, people who prey on old people, terrorists, I`d have a special room where the families could come at any time, with any implements/tools they wished, to have a little `interview` with the offender. There would be no warning so every day when the t**t woke up... they`d never know! Minor but persistant thieves would eventually start losing fingers, then hands.
:agree: But that would affect their human rights Steve!!!

You property is stolen, so you call the Police and they give you a crime number then it's goodbye.

Was it coincidence when my sons 125 was found trashed next to where a group of 'Travellers' had just been evicted, after it was stolen from a locked garage in the same area???? Never heard another word about it , he just claimed on his insurance.
All I know is I would still like to have 2 minutes with the scum that took it. They wouldn't walk straight or pick anything else up again!!

Sad thought, if the Police won't Police, then we are better sorting it ourselves. Anyone comes onto my property with intent I will defend it.
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:39 am Anyone comes onto my property with intent I will defend it.
Is this something that America has got right? You can shoot an intruder in your own home over there. But here, you could be arrested for pushing them over.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:48 am
andyd wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:39 am Anyone comes onto my property with intent I will defend it.
Is this something that America has got right? You can shoot an intruder in your own home over there. But here, you could be arrested for pushing them over.
I think you should be able to defend your property and vehicle(s) etc.
If honest how many people have a golf club, pool cue or baseball bat around their home.

But no doubt I would be arrested for defending and intruder would be let off :? Human Rights :banghead:
andyd

Post by andyd »

andyd wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:08 am
pbar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:48 am
I think you should be able to defend your property and vehicle(s) etc.
If honest how many people have a golf club, pool cue or baseball bat around their home.

But no doubt I would be arrested for defending and intruder would be let off :? Human Rights :banghead:
At the end of the day it all comes down to disipline and respect, of which there is very little.

Police were once feared but now largely ignored. You got a thick ear from the Police and another from your parents too.

We have created this softly, softly approach and now we are paying for it! We need more like Jack Regan :cheers:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny have had this conversation many times and a good friend in the police system has said with the knife crime on the streets that people will and are carrying guns with them now . With so millions of people from around the world living in the U.K. now they had a gun as a small child and it’s normal to carry a weapon .
:banghead: over
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

andyd wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 am
Police were once feared but now largely ignored.
To be fair Andy, the police`s hands are tied, we in Greater Manchester have lost about 20% of the front line staff in 10 years, There are just not enough to go around - plus the paperwork :o They`ve got kids being stabbed, schizophrenics wandering the streets (sorry, `care in the community`) they`re just stretched beyond breaking. How can you provide the same service with 3/4 of the manpower? They need to get the bloody numbers back up and dump some of the paperwork onto civi. staff.
pbar

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:10 am
Greater Manchester have lost about 20% of the front line staff in 10 years
Thank you Conservative government.