Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 165
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:51 pm
- Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)
Hi thought this looks like an interesting 2.8; reasonably priced, has anyone driven one of these 3.7 cologne conversions?
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 pm
- Car(s): A few Capri's 2XTICKFORDS, 3XBROOKLANDS, 2X2.8 SPECIALS, 2.8 CAPRI 4SPEED, 2.0S, RS2000 4X4, MK1 RS FOCUS AND MONDEO ST220
- Location: HAMPSHIRE/CORNWALL
- Andrew 2.8i
- Posts: 13338
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
- Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
- Location: Ceredigion
- Posts: 802
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm
- Car(s): 2.8 Injection 1983 5 speed, weekend car. Audi A7 during the week. Slowly restoring a 1979 MGB + a 1964 Honda 250 twin. Previously owned 2 Capris.
Very nice. I wonder if they used the standard crank from the 4.0 litre Cologne that was used in the Explorer & Mustang or if this was a purpose made crank.
Yes I believe they used the 4.0L crank and offset ground the crank with 0.060" oversize bearing to increase the stroke 2mm, from 84mm to 86mm stroke. Bore was 95mm IIRC. 3660cc