Waterless Wash & Wax Products

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Waterless Wash & Wax Products

Post by pbar »

Cosmicbike wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:28 pm Cycled over to my local Aldi last night and they had it so grabbed a couple of bottles. No micro fibre clothes at home so that's next on the list

Previously you got a micro fibre cloth with it, cutbacks I guess!
Last edited by pbar on Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:07 pm
pbar wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:49 am Excellent, hope you like it Andy :) Would be interested to see your review.
Just gave the Focus a clean with this, and it's equally as good as the other 2 sprays I use. Smells nice too :D

I would happily use this on the Capri as and when I need to.

At this price it's worth buying a few eveytime they are in the shop :cheers:

Brilliant, that's really good to know, thank you Andy :)
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:31 am
Cosmicbike wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:28 pm Cycled over to my local Aldi last night and they had it so grabbed a couple of bottles. No micro fibre clothes at home so that's next on the list

Previously you got a micro fibre cloth with it, cutbacks I guess!
Any cloth will do it, but a nice microfibre will make it easier and improve the finish with less risk of scratching.

Let us know how it goes :cheers:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Holy thread resurrection, Batman! :D

My 5 litre bottle of Britemax Spray & Shine is finally getting to the end, but the Britemax stuff doesn't appear to be available any more.
I am leaning towards Autoglym Rapid Detailer, but would be interested to hear of any of you guys have any other recommendations?
Thanks!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:58 am Holy thread resurrection, Batman! :D

My 5 litre bottle of Britemax Spray & Shine is finally getting to the end, but the Britemax stuff doesn't appear to be available any more.
I am leaning towards Autoglym Rapid Detailer, but would be interested to hear of any of you guys have any other recommendations?
Thanks!

Andrew.
For the last 10 years I've only used Britemax as I thought why change if I'm happy with it! I noticed sometime ago this was becoming harder to get so I made sure I have enough to last for a while :)

On Ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184780293368 ... R5aM7LP4Yg
And here too https://northumberlandautodetailing.co. ... ail-spray/

I know several people that use Autoglym Rapid Detailer and they all seem to like it!

:goodluck:

PS I still have a bottle of the Aldi spray that I use on the Focus about twice a year :lol:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I was using a sticker gum remover the other day, a quite aggressive solvent, and it started taking off the matt paint that was on there since before I bought the car. So I kept rubbing and underneath was this lovely deep lustrous original rosso red. So well preserved you wouldn't believe. I'll take a pic when I am back from Andrew's vast country estate.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:33 pm I was using a sticker gum remover the other day, a quite aggressive solvent, and it started taking off the matt paint that was on there since before I bought the car. So I kept rubbing and underneath was this lovely deep lustrous original rosso red. So well preserved you wouldn't believe. I'll take a pic when I am back from Andrew's vast country estate.
Red looks good on any early Ford!

I see the Britemax ebay listing in my previous post has now sold out, I wonder who might have cleared their stock :headscratch:

PS. Don't you go bothering Andrew's sheep :whistle:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:33 pm I'll take a pic when I am back from Andrew's vast country estate.
Get off my land! :lol:

D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:56 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:33 pm I'll take a pic when I am back from Andrew's vast country estate.

:lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:33 pm I was using a sticker gum remover the other day, a quite aggressive solvent, and it started taking off the matt paint that was on there since before I bought the car. So I kept rubbing and underneath was this lovely deep lustrous original rosso red. So well preserved you wouldn't believe. I'll take a pic when I am back from Andrew's vast country estate.
I hope you rattle can it back again Major!!
Love your car, always makes me smile whenever I see it at CRaP
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

D366Y wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:08 pm
I'm going to go a step further and use a proper spray gun and compressor! But I got to thinking that I could make some very cheap red GT4 decals simply by removing the black. My favourite kind of mod...taking things off :lol:

Not sure I will though... Capris have a habit of vanishing when they look too good. Might just keep it rough :lol:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Is that the guy who played the middle class neighbour in Saxondale with Steve Coogan??

EDIT not sure if it is.. but found the short film it's in and it's awesome :lol: check this out 4 minutes of your life well spent :lol:

https://youtu.be/xBgAyK5L_Gc?si=eiFIKC0IMKhJVXFC
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Major_Tom wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:47 pm
D366Y wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:08 pm
I'm going to go a step further and use a proper spray gun and compressor! But I got to thinking that I could make some very cheap red GT4 decals simply by removing the black. My favourite kind of mod...taking things off :lol:

Not sure I will though... Capris have a habit of vanishing when they look too good. Might just keep it rough :lol:
Ooooo very fancy!
That would look cool, but you're right - need to keep that anti-theft paintwork 😂
andyd

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:48 pm

Is that the guy who played the middle class neighbour in Saxondale with Steve Coogan??

EDIT not sure if it is.. but found the short film it's in and it's awesome :lol: check this out 4 minutes of your life well spent :lol:

https://youtu.be/xBgAyK5L_Gc?si=eiFIKC0IMKhJVXFC
That's the sort of film I like, straight to the point :)

Robert Glenister (Brother of Philip Glenister) both great actors.