12th May Capri club International show

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Brooksy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:03 pm Hopefully, Andy and I will enjoy some decent weather at Killerton tomorrow too; our Capri's together for the first time! :woot:
I hope you and Andy have a great day.
Of course, we're looking forward to seeing some photos of your two stunners parked together.... 8-)

Andrew.
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Post by Brooksy »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:20 pm
Brooksy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:03 pm Hopefully, Andy and I will enjoy some decent weather at Killerton tomorrow too; our Capri's together for the first time! :woot:
I hope you and Andy have a great day.
Of course, we're looking forward to seeing some photos of your two stunners parked together.... 8-)

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew and likewise re your photos.
Nige Image
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
Just got back from a fantastic day at the CCI Nationals. There were loads of amazing cars there, the standard of cars was incredibly high this year, I'll upload photos tomorrow. I caught up with quite a few forum folks and also had great chats with other owners that aren't on the forum. All I all, I had a brilliant day.
I got to go in a convoy with Rob's stunning 2.8. What better way to start and end the day? :D
By the way, congratulations to Rob, who won a gold award, no less, for his gorgeous 2.8 Wll done Rob, well deserved! 8-)

It was a good day for forum members as Gary (Lord Flasheart) won 1st place in the mark 3 concours competition for his amazing car. Very well done! :D

You could say I was a winner too as Jason presented me with a surprise gift, this rather brilliant tea towel! Thanks Jason, I'm over the moon with it. :D

Sadly Dan and Jason didn't win awards this time. I know the judging of the cars is rather subjective, but in my opinion, they both were deserving of an award. It's a shame that the gold awards are limited to a certain number, that means that so many deserving cars have to go without.

Cheers,
Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Sounds like you all had a good day.

Well done Rob, well deserved :cheers: Nice one Gary, but no real surprise :)

A field full of Capri's so everyones a winner imo :)

Nice present Andrew! You can hang that on your wall :wave:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:44 pm Nice present Andrew! You can hang that on your wall :wave:
I used it to wrap up some oily parts I bought at the show.... :whistle:
Joking aside, it's a lovely gift and a total surprise as I didn't have a clue that Jason had it made up. What a really generous gesture!

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:44 pm Well done Rob, well deserved
It definitely was! A gold award for his car on it's first time exhibiting at the Nationals is quite something. Rob probably won't be on the forum until later as he'll probably be smothering himself in aftersun…. :lol:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:51 pm
andyd wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:44 pm Nice present Andrew! You can hang that on your wall :wave:
I used it to wrap up some oily parts I bought at the show.... :whistle:
Joking aside, it's a lovely gift and a total surprise as I didn't have a clue that Jason had it made up. What a really generous gesture!

Andrew.
:agree: Nice one Jason :D

Don't expect it everytime Andrew :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:58 pm
Rob probably won't be on the forum until later as he'll probably be smothering himself in aftersun…. :lol:

Andrew.
Oh dear :oops:

Lets just say he's not the only one who got a little scorched today :whistle:
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Sounds like you all had a top day!
Well done to Rob and Gary! :woot: and that tea towel looks great Andrew (can't be many prints better to have than a Capri eh!). Nice gesture Jason.
Nige Image
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:58 pm
It definitely was! A gold award for his car on it's first time exhibiting at the Nationals is quite something. Rob probably won't be on the forum until later as he'll probably be smothering himself in aftersun…. :lol:

Andrew.
:lol: Thanks both. Had gold for the car @ won concourse for sunburn :oops: :D
Speaking of concourse, Andrew modesty forgot to mention he was runner up, shows how good his car is to come second to ‘Biscuit’. Well done both :cheers:

Great to meet up with Jason & his dad today, also great to catch up with Dan & Big Mike too. Thanks again Andrew for providing satnav duty.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Got in just before 9pm the traffic coming back was bad , had a great time was pleased Andrew and Rob got gold & best in class for the forum . I will say I laughed at your red neck Rob but my face looks the same now :lol: .
I will say that great minds think a like and I was given two gifts from Andrew some great biscuits and my very own number one tea towel what I will be using in my next video :lol:
People must have thought why have them two got each other a tea towel :lol: .
There was some really stunning capris there this year I think we all wanted to take home a stunning MK1 Capri on a G plate . Also a stunning broad speed mk1 with the front bumpers missing what was so nice .
But yes was nice parked up with Robs stunning mercury grey Capri which all day was looking the same as mine then they both look different . We met up with Martin from Capri gear who had some stunning parts for sale . I was lucky to have Dan with us who Laser is looking better every time I see it as she is wearing pepperpots now and they really suit the car .
I only took a few pictures as I was left holding the bag with our number one photograph on the forum who was giving me and Rob some Tips :lol: .
Great show and it’s all capris :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Brooksy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:08 pm Sounds like you all had a top day!
Well done to Rob and Gary! :woot: and that tea towel looks great Andrew (can't be many prints better to have than a Capri eh!). Nice gesture Jason.
Cheers Nige, was well happy to get my probably one @ only award :D Hoping to graduate to a tea towel someday 8-)
Looks like you & Andy had s great day also, after today’s scorcher, a gazebo sounds like a great idea ..
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:54 pm Got in just before 9pm the traffic coming back was bad , had a great time was pleased Andrew and Rob got gold & best in class for the forum . I will say I laughed at your red neck Rob but my face looks the same now :lol: .
I will say that great minds think a like and I was given two gifts from Andrew some great biscuits and my very own number one tea towel what I will be using in my next video :lol:
People must have thought why have them two got each other a tea towel :lol: .
There was some really stunning capris there this year I think we all wanted to take home a stunning MK1 Capri on a G plate . Also a stunning broad speed mk1 with the front bumpers missing what was so nice .
But yes was nice parked up with Robs stunning mercury grey Capri which all day was looking the same as mine then they both look different . We met up with Martin from Capri gear who had some stunning parts for sale . I was lucky to have Dan with us who Laser is looking better every time I see it as she is wearing pepperpots now and they really suit the car .
I only took a few pictures as I was left holding the bag with our number one photograph on the forum who was giving me and Rob some Tips :lol: .
Great show and it’s all capris :cool:
Glad you had a good time and got home safe Jason, albeit a long day for you.
Get the after sun cream on!
Look forward to seeing some photos. :)
Nige Image
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:51 pm
:lol: Thanks both. Had gold for the car @ won concourse for sunburn :oops: :D
Hi Rob,
I hope you are less sore today.
Jasonmarie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:54 pm Got in just before 9pm the traffic coming back was bad
What a nightmare, glad you both got home safely though.
Caprifan Rob wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:51 pmSpeaking of concourse, Andrew modesty forgot to mention he was runner up, shows how good his car is to come second to ‘Biscuit’. Well done both :cheers:
What am I like? :doh:

What a huge honour, but considering the amazingly high standard of cars at the show, I would have been happy to come away with only the tea towel! :D

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

No surprise you got an award Andrew :cheers:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes your Capri Andrew deserves the award . And you went against some really tough competition this year as the capris were really up to a high standard . Well done 3 cars out of 5 for our forum members was a outstanding achievement. :applaud:
Yes did take sometime getting home but stopped 3 times as the old boy I was with has a weak bladder I think . Also yes my face this morning looks like a spanked bum . Serves me right at laughing at Robs neck and face . So yes Nige plenty of after sun today . :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

andyd wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:44 pm Sounds like you all had a good day.

Well done Rob, well deserved :cheers: Nice one Gary, but no real surprise :)

A field full of Capri's so everyones a winner imo :)
Thanks for the kind words about Biscuit folks ;) ... believe it or not, it is still very much a surprise to me, its just nice for me that folks like her, its all the cars doing. As I have said many times, I didn't do the resto to show it, just to give her a chance of lasting a good while & me have the pleasure of driving her, the fact the other folks enjoy her & all other Capri's, regardless of how shiny just shows what a cool car they are :D

Well done to all folks who attended, whether the lucky dip of a gong came you way or not, it was a good day just catching up with folks & I also met a couple of guys who sought me out that I had seen at last years event that I had told them the trimmer I used & thankfully they also were pleased with what they had done for them, that's the good thing about these events, passing on experiences to people, good & bad ;)

This 50th year is the year to enjoy our cars as much as we can :beer:

Also must say thank you to Martin for bringing a couple of things for me, much appreciated as always mate ;)
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Well done on the award Andrew! :woot:
Nige Image
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:57 pm Yes your Capri Andrew deserves the award .
Brooksy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:46 pm Well done on the award Andrew! :woot:
Thanks chaps! :cheers:

Andrew.