Aldi Waterless Wash

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Aldi Waterless Wash

Post by pbar »

Just a heads up for those who may be interested, the Aldi Waterless Wash & Wax is back on sale from today onwards. Sells out pretty quick usually, not surprising at just £3.

Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Aldi Waterless Wash

Post by Peter-S »

Popped in to my local one in my lunch break but they didn't seem to have any. So I bought a solar battery trickle charger instead!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

That's a great price if it's as good as it says on the bottle.
Might take a chance and get some for the Focus :)

You used it Paul?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I never been in a Aldi I think the wife went with her friend and they both got a parking ticket so that put pay to her going again . Good price let us know what’s it’s like I do use Autoglym detail or wax spray on mine .

Solar charge peter see your lucky on that Kent coast where the sun always shines . Not like us in the north with rain and hail :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Cosmicbike
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser Resto Project

Post by Cosmicbike »

Pah! None in my local either. I was going to give it a whirl rather than put water on the car for fear of creating more rust :lol:
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:18 pm
You used it Paul?
I got one last time they had them in. I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to car cleaning, I could never be one of those who has a boot full of products at shows costing hundreds, much prefer the joy of a hosepipe and a couple of buckets and a sponge.

It seems great though, and I have seen good reviews on detailing sites, and those guys can be very fussy :)

Aldi have 'specials' in such as this on a Thursday and Sunday, so worth checking today in case they stocked the shelves last night, and similarly on Sunday/Monday.

It is possible to mail order if they sell out in your local store too quickly or if they don't have them (on there it does say try from May 12th which is Sunday although in the latest catalogue it says the 9th) -

https://www.aldi.co.uk/waterless-wash-% ... 2266556800
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:11 am
You used it Paul?
I got one last time they had them in. I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to car cleaning, I could never be one of those who has a boot full of products at shows costing hundreds, much prefer the joy of a hosepipe and a couple of buckets and a sponge.

It seems great though, and I have seen good reviews on detailing sites, and those guys can be very fussy :)

Aldi have 'specials' in such as this on a Thursday and Sunday, so worth checking today in case they stocked the shelves last night, and similarly on Sunday/Monday.

It is possible to mail order if they sell out in your local store too quickly or if they don't have them (on there it does say try from May 12th which is Sunday although in the latest catalogue it says the 9th) -

It will all be gone by the time I go there again Tuesday, but will keep an eye open for it in future. Not desperate as have a new bottle of another brand to use yet.

Unlike you I dislike using hosepipes and buckets now.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:24 am
pbar wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:11 am
You used it Paul?

It will all be gone by the time I go there again Tuesday, but will keep an eye open for it in future. Not desperate as have a new bottle of another brand to use yet.

Unlike you I dislike using hosepipes and buckets now.
Funny as I have not washed mine since last years CCI meet when I had to because of mud on the wheels . I do rinse and clean my wheels once a month as the dust you get .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:33 am

Funny as I have not washed mine since last years CCI meet when I had to because of mud on the wheels . I do rinse and clean my wheels once a month as the dust you get .
I find with the spray I use (as do many others) it gives a wax coat, so often you just wipe the car with a microfibre cloth to remove dust :D
pbar

Post by pbar »

I've checked and these are definitely in stores from Sunday 12th onwards. Can't believe they are still only £3, worth getting a few at that price.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:10 am I've checked and these are definitely in stores from Sunday 12th onwards. Can't believe they are still only £3, worth getting a few at that price.
:cheers: Paul
pbar

Post by pbar »

Got a couple of these yesterday, they had a lot in so hopefully the stores won't run out too quickly. Also got an exterior trim cleaner/restorer and an interior trim one, just £2.49 each. I'm not big on car care/cleaning products, amazes me that people turn up at shows with a boot full having spent hundreds, think this is the most I have ever spent in one go on such things!
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:11 am Got a couple of these yesterday, they had a lot in so hopefully the stores won't run out too quickly. Also got an exterior trim cleaner/restorer and an interior trim one, just £2.49 each. I'm not big on car care/cleaning products, amazes me that people turn up at shows with a boot full having spent hundreds, think this is the most I have ever spent in one go on such things!
It's a slippery slope Paul :lol:

I only carry water, detail spray, cloths and drying towel.
andyd

Post by andyd »

As there are 2 Waterless Wash threads on here at the moment I will say it here too, that this Aldi one worked well :D
pbar

Post by pbar »

Thanks Andy :) It's great to know that it's a good product, and equal to the other brands as you have mentioned previously.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 am Thanks Andy :) It's great to know that it's a good product, and equal to the other brands as you have mentioned previously.
Typical I find this after buying 4 litres of my regular one :? That will last me 5 years at least :lol: