Capri 50: Cover art

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Capri 50: Cover art

Post by Steve Saxty »

I'm feeling rather happy. My illustrator is the same one that drew those lovely profiles in the Collector’s Edition of The Cars You Always…. He came up with this concept artwork for the new Capri 50 book’s cover. What do you think of his sketch that now needs finishing?

I think I’ll do a double-sided poster of it with, what I anticipate, will be a beautiful timeline of every significant Capri on the other side. And then soon in just a few weeks, I’m done. No more Capri writing.

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Capri 50: Cover art

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Steve,

Nice one mate. I think this cover art sketch looks brilliant...very cool indeed. Love it !!
That double-sided timeline poster with this artwork is a great idea too. This is going to be one really special book. I got my name down.

Steve, can I please ask will there be numbered editions and if so can particular numbered editions be reserved ? If so I would love to get numbered edition 112 if possible to go with your Collectors Edition Book of The Cars You Always Promised Yourself No.112 that Jason has kindly agreed to swap with me as my Laser is B112 !!

Are you looking forward to your retirement ? :lol:

You are going to be busy this year with the shows you are attending. Look forward to seeing you at Brooklands hopefully and the 280 too !!

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Thanks,

I'm glad you like it, I know the illustrator will do a special job with this as he did with the profiles in the Collector’s Edition of The Cars You Always which is beginning to sell out now.

I’ve just put a survey up BTW which has some more sneak preview images which you’re welcome to take – ]just click here to complete, it takes about a minute to do. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XCSNMBQ

Yes, I’ll be busy dashing across the Atlantic and really looking forward to the events in the UK. Although it cost me a six-figure sum to do these books that I’ll never get back it’s been huge fun.

Then, I look forward to going back in a month to my day job and will disappear forever!

Steve

Here's one poster idea....

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Just got that in a email and at the end I could not get the done button to work steve it might be me .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Jasonmarie wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:26 pm Just got that in a email and at the end I could not get the done button to work steve it might be me .
Odd, it's seemingly running fine in that loads of people have responded. And, dammit, they all want the Collector's Edition again, Grrr.....
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny as that what I was asking for also all 3 posters would be nice . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: