Mk 3 Capri Owners in/near Bristol wanted

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
BristolPhoto
Car(s): none I'm afraid

Mk 3 Capri Owners in/near Bristol wanted

Post by BristolPhoto »

Hi Capri Forum members

I'm a commercial photographer based in Bristol. I have a client looking to do a brand photography shoot with an "outrageous 80s" theme.

They have specifically asked to have a Mk3 Capri in the shot, so I'm looking for a Capri owner who might be willing to drive their car down to the Bristol Harbourside one evening, or possibly early morning (I want to do a low-light shot with the Harbourside and your car lit up with strobes).

The shoot will take about an hour, but let's say we will need your car (and you) on site for two hours to be safe.

In exchange for you bringing your car down I'm offering a small amount of cash (£100), all the images we take digitally delivered to you to keep, print and distribute as often as you wish (but not to re-sell) including shots that I'd happy to take of you and your Capri without the clients in shot, and 5 prints of your favourite image(s).

Date of the shoot is TBC, but we're aiming for a weekday morning or evening in the next 2-3 weeks. There's only us and the clients' schedules to work around, so we can factor in your availability when choosing a date as well.

Couple of things to note - we might want the clients to sit in the car, but they will NOT drive it, no one but you will do that. I would want you to be present during the shoot and you are welcome to speak up if you are somehow unhappy with what we're doing with your car! And we will be obscuring your reg plate with a non-road legal branded plate for the client shots, but can reveal for your shots if you want.

If this appeals to anyone on here please drop me a line, either by PM on here, or by emailing [email protected], I'll be happy to share more details and talk it through with you.

Thanks in advance

Best wishes

Nick
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Re: Mk 3 Capri Owners in/near Bristol wanted

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Hi Nick,

You have e-mail ;)

Cheers

Gary
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

After contacting Nick we arranged to meet up well before dawn on Good Friday, I took a trip down to the docks in Bristol so Biscuit could take part in her first paying gig, but it was all about having professional photo's of the car to add to her history file for me.

A photo shoot for the New Bristol Brewery, they wanted a MK3 for their latest 80's theme so was happy to oblige. I can confirm their beer is very good too, what a bonus. I have been allowed to post this photo as they have already published this on their website.

I don't do the book of faces but SWMBO does & has posted these pics on Capri FB groups but if like me & folks don't do book face, I just wanted to share them here

Photos for Gary - medium res-4.jpg
Photos for Gary - medium res-11.jpg
Photos for Gary - medium res-12.jpg
Photos for Gary - medium res-13.jpg
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Well done Gary, your car looks great :applaud: I did see the pics on face ache earlier :)

Are you near Bristol?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Very nice photos Gary, it was definitely worth taking the opportunity to have those professional pics done. Are they going to be used in an advertising campaign?
I've seen your car at the Nationals a few times, however, I must admit that I didn't realise that it was yours.

Andrew.
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Cheers chaps, yes the higher domestic authority posted these ones up on the book of faces, I put them on CP this morning & was hoping to get them on here by hook or by crook this afternoon & then behold, a forum update, perfect timing so I could upload them :D

I know they used one photo on FB & their website yesterday …… http://www.newbristolbrewery.co.uk/ …...… not sure how they will use the others but I have them, I just cant post them as they paid for them, only fair really. They were a really nice couple, bloody nice beer too :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

There great , as Andrew says it’s great having professional pictures done .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

andyd wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:20 pm Well done Gary, your car looks great :applaud: I did see the pics on face ache earlier :)

Are you near Bristol?
Worcester mate, Biscuit looked pretty good I must admit considering I drove 60 miles down there & didn't even flick a duster over it before the shoot, then 60 back home for breakfast. Its no trailer queen, loved yes but not wrapped in cotton wool, got to earn its keep after the its resto was finished back in 2016 !!!! where has the time gone :shock:
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Jasonmarie wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:40 pm There great , as Andrew says it’s great having professional pictures done .
Completely agree, way better than anything I could do, I had a load off the photographer in 2017 when Biscuit made its first published debut in a classic car mag alongside a Scimitar GTE, the pics the chap took of the inside look fab, all safely tucked away in her history file, same as all of these ;)

All being well, a mate at work has an A3 printer at home so I can put a couple of big ones up in the man cave :D
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Wow!!!

Professional photographer or not, they need a good subject to start with and your Cappa looks amazing!!! I do believe as Andrew says, I have seen your Capri before and I always love your Blue, (and the Capri of course) which the photos really pick up!!! Looks like it should have been in that years Ford Sales mag..... Nice one, cheers,

John...
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Biscuit is looking great, worth the trip just for the photo’s as you said. Not on face ache either so thanks for sharing :cheers:
andyd

Post by andyd »

You have the same dealer number plates that I had on my Sierra :)
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Yep, first owner on the logbook history from DVLA was Ford, Eagle Way :)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lord Flasheart wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:28 am Yep, first owner on the logbook history from DVLA was Ford, Eagle Way :)
That's the one :wave: