Capri Anniversary book cover

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Capri Anniversary book cover

Post by Steve Saxty »

I'm tempted to do this..... A Capri 50th anniversary version of my book. It would come with a booklet-type supplement of unseen design sketches and prototypes in the main book - plus more of the illustrations of the Capris used in the Collector's Edition

What do you think?

pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Capri Anniversary book cover

Post by pbar »

Just a thought, but a standalone supplement may be a preferable option. Otherwise you will get people having to 'double-dip', those who already bought the book having to buy it again just to get the extras. And that never goes down well.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I do agree a supplement would be better as it’s a large book .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Post by Steve Saxty »

I think that's a good idea - to offer the supplement to existing buyers. It would be a loss-maker if sold on its own but that way everyone would be happy - If (and I stress) IF it happened then there's an appealing product for Capri enthusiasts and a way for existing readers to "upgrade".

I guess my key question remains though as to whether it's worth the time and effort - and cost of making this. Are enthusiasts that haven't bought it more likely to so with a Capri-only derivative? The book is (as readers know) 70% Capri as is so would this really make a difference I wonder?
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Steve Saxty wrote:
I guess my key question remains though as to whether it's worth the time and effort - and cost of making this. Are enthusiasts that haven't bought it more likely to so with a Capri-only derivative?
Personally, my answer to that is yes. As you say, the existing book is 70% Capri, which means that it will have 30% of info which has little interest for some, as opposed to a Capri only book which is 100%. I have many Capri books, which I enjoy reading and collecting, but I don't buy any Ford books really.

Just my take on it :)