Fuel tanks - Latest batch now available.

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Fuel tanks - Latest batch now available.

Post by Caprigear »

I've just been informed that the latest batch or fuel tanks are now in stock at the suppliers.
I will be placing an order tomorrow but it won't be a large one as demand has dropped right off.
Any interest at all?
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Re: Fuel tanks - Latest batch now available.

Post by Stish704 »

One of them dilemmas where you think yeah, I’ll get one but ends up sitting in the garage for ever collecting dust or worse getting damaged!
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Stish704 wrote:One of them dilemmas where you think yeah, I’ll get one but ends up sitting in the garage for ever collecting dust or worse getting damaged!
:agree: Do you get it incase you need it, or wait and find there aren't any when required :?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

They aren't going to be manufactured indefinitely though are they? Once demand dwindles to nothing, no supplier is going to want to commit to having a batch made....

Andrew.
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

Post by brooky »

I got one from Martin as mine was on way out as corrding on top, the new ones are really good quality and painted to a good finish

Unless yours is known to be in good nick i would definitely get one whilst available even if it sits in the box a couple of years
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:They aren't going to be manufactured indefinitely though are they? Once demand dwindles to nothing, no supplier is going to want to commit to having a batch made....

Andrew.
The demand has already dropped off alarmingly from last year. I didn't expect the interest to carry on like the first batch of tanks that came in last year but there's still a hell of a lot of cars out there that maybe don't right now need a tank but sooner or later they will.

I'm not prepared to have a large number of tanks sat around. I'll always try to have some in but once the suppliers are out of them then it's a case of waiting for them to restock.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:They aren't going to be manufactured indefinitely though are they? Once demand dwindles to nothing, no supplier is going to want to commit to having a batch made....

Andrew.
brooky wrote:I got one from Martin as mine was on way out as corrding on top, the new ones are really good quality and painted to a good finish

Unless yours is known to be in good nick i would definitely get one whilst available even if it sits in the box a couple of years
Ordred from Martin this morning :D

Sender unit next :cheers:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Stish704 wrote:One of them dilemmas where you think yeah, I’ll get one but ends up sitting in the garage for ever collecting dust or worse getting damaged!
andyd wrote: Do you get it incase you need it, or wait and find there aren't any when required :?
brooky wrote: i would definitely get one whilst available even if it sits in the box a couple of years
Caprigear wrote:The demand has already dropped off alarmingly from last year. I'm not prepared to have a large number of tanks sat around. I'll always try to have some in but once the suppliers are out of them then it's a case of waiting for them to restock.
I decided to buy one from Martin some time ago and indeed it has sat in its box in my garage since in its protective box of course, but am finally getting it fitted in about 8 weeks. You wonder if the suppliers might also put their prices up when the demand for these begins to dwindle ? As Mark said these are very good quality indeed and at the price they are at the moment I think great value too and I am really pleased to be getting mine fitted with all new fittings very soon. Not only for peace of mind but of course will also add to the underside resto I am doing on B112. :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
I decided to buy one from Martin some time ago and indeed it has sat in its box in my garage since in its protective box of course, but am finally getting it fitted in about 8 weeks. You wonder if the suppliers might also put their prices up when the demand for these begins to dwindle ? As Mark said these are very good quality indeed and at the price they are at the moment I think great value too and I am really pleased to be getting mine fitted with all new fittings very soon. Not only for peace of mind but of course will also add to the underside resto I am doing on B112. :)
I intend to get mine fitted in April the same time as the MOT. Hopefully run the fuel down with the trip to Haynes a few days before :lol:
Even though the current tank seems ok and is heavily waxoyled, the sender is a little dodgy so may as well get it sorted as I have a couple of long trips planned this year :drive:

If my old tank is resonable, I will offer it on here along with the sender unit if anyone wants it.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote:If my old tank is resonable, I will offer it on here along with the sender unit if anyone wants it.
Was thinking the same Andy but the drive home from Tickover with the old tank might stink the car out with petrol vapour....and any loose spark :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suppose if I bring the box the new one went into ?? Will chat with Gus and Clive to see if its worth offering my old tank up but it would need a dam good clean methinks !!

You will be very happy with the tank Andy. I checked and its all set to fit but I am tempted to give it a couple of coats of clear lacquer beforehand ?
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

Post by brooky »

You can purge the old tank nick to remove all the petrol fumes so you have no risk from any sparks. I did mine by using exhaust gas from a diesel car to purge out all the petrol fumes and then did sone welding on it, i am sure tickover can do something for you to purge the tank so it is safe to transport. You have probably got a bigger risk from paint fumes after all the work you have been doing on that fine car of yours :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Tank arrived this morning :D
Well packaged, great price and quality! Highly recommended.

Thanks again Martin