First drive of 2019 !

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

First drive of 2019 !

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Happy New Year :)

So after watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this morning I decided to get B112 out of the garage for the first drive of 2019 ! It was a cold, bright, crisp winters day, the sun was very low in the sky, but I had a terrific drive that put a big smile on my face. drove up a B road in Enfield then even popped out onto the M25 for a bit. Great fun ! Got a bit of attention too... :lol:

So here is the first pic of B112 in 2019....

Image2019-01-01_06-09-06 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
Last edited by Fordoholic Nick on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: First drive of 2019 !

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
B112 looks as stunning as ever. I'm not surprised that you attracted a lot of attention, yours is one of the best kept Capris in the country.
It sounds as though you had a great drive today, even if it has been a bit cold. Well, it has here.
I can't wait for the winter lay up to end so I can go out for a spin. :D

Andrew.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Excellent stuff. I have to say I am Jealous. I agree though crisp winter drives are sometimes as good as those summer days.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Looking good Nick, I’m jealous too. Can’t wait to get out myself & enjoy some ‘80s motoring. Glad you enjoyed :wave:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Well done Nick,
Nice to see them still being driven all year round as intended :cheers:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Happy new year young Nick I would say you lucky what not or even yes I wish I did the same thing . Yes there something about keeping the Capri taxed over winter as that smile is worth more then money .
Can’t wait to park up with you and the other members Nick .
Also nick let us know when B112 will be making her Dartford visit :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:B112 looks as stunning as ever. I'm not surprised that you attracted a lot of attention.
ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Excellent stuff. I have to say I am Jealous. I agree though crisp winter drives are sometimes as good as those summer days.
Caprifan Rob wrote:Looking good Nick, I’m jealous too. Can’t wait to get out myself & enjoy some ‘80s motoring. Glad you enjoyed :wave:
andyd wrote:Well done Nick,
Nice to see them still being driven all year round as intended :cheers:
Thanks for the kind words guys. Yep these winters day drives are every bit as enjoyable as the spring/summers drives. I obviously had the drivers window down as well !!! :lol:

Am back to work tomorrow :( but looking out for the next chance to get B112 out :)

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:Happy new year young Nick I would say you lucky what not or even yes I wish I did the same thing . Yes there something about keeping the Capri taxed over winter as that smile is worth more then money .
Can’t wait to park up with you and the other members Nick .
Also nick let us know when B112 will be making her Dartford visit :beer:
:lol: Cheers Jason.

Yep can never quite bring myself to sorn B112 mate but yours is sleeping cosy in your parents garage so will be ready to rock'n'roll come March. Yep I will be talking to Tickover in the next few days to get it booked in with them. Wanted to clear the credit card from my last visit to them first !!! I been saving up again so will get them to fit the new fuel tank along with some other jobs I want them to do whilst its in with them.

Tickover Part 3 is coming soon :lol:

I will deffo let you know when I get it booked in with them. Be great to meet up again mate. Might even have time for a cuppa this time.

All the best fella

Nick
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi all,

Happy New Year :)

So after watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this morning I decided to get B112 out of the garage for the first drive of 2019 ! It was a cold, bright, crisp winters day, the sun was very low in the sky, but I had a terrific drive that put a big smile on my face. drove up a B road in Enfield then even popped out onto the M25 for a bit. Great fun ! Got a bit of attention too... :lol:
Good stuff Nick. Had my pinto out today as well. Not quite as far as you as I only managed a short trip for a newspaper but its been out 4 of the last 5 days which is the benefit of having it road legal all year. :D
Mine's not clean enough to warrant a picture though :lol:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:Good stuff Nick. Had my pinto out today as well. Not quite as far as you as I only managed a short trip for a newspaper but its been out 4 of the last 5 days which is the benefit of having it road legal all year. :D
Mine's not clean enough to warrant a picture though :lol:
Hi Peter. Thanks mate :)

Great to hear your Pinto has been out and about mate. Superb !! Yep having it taxed and on standby is deffo worth it for days like today.

Watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this morning really inspired me to put on a fleece and get B112 out for a good drive. Had to be careful not to drive off a cliff to deploy the wings...not that there are many clifffs in Enfield but you get the jist :lol: :lol:

Peter it was a great pleasure seeing your Pinto at Deal 2018, and in my humble opinion it deffo warrants a picture mate. I love it !! Look forward to seeing it and you again during 2019 mate. :)

All the best Peter

Nick
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Glad I'm not the only one to venture out over the Christmas holidays, I've been lucky weather wise, its been crazy mild here around Worcester, got Biscuit out for a trundle 4 times in the last 2 weeks, yesterdays ride out to see my uncle was particularly enjoyable ;)

Have to make the most of it before the salt gets chucked down on the roads, drive em as often as you can & fair play to folks who use them as their Daily drivers, luckily I don't have to.

Happy new year folks :drive:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looks like nick was filmed in Enfield on New Year’s Day ! :beer:

https://youtu.be/GR0MlEaJ-Ts

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/GR0MlEaJ-Ts[/YouTube]
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

I drove my capri for the first time this year today, it was just up and down the drive to test the brakes after putting a new master cylinder on :lol:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I'd like to add myself to the list of 2019 Capri drivers :) Went out in mine the other day too, I also could never sorn it just because it's not summer. There are some beautiful winter days, and many of them, for very worthwhile driving.

It's nice to keep everything working and ticking over. I get withdrawal symptoms if I've not driven him for a couple of weeks even.
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

As I work in central my normal commute can only ever be by tube. However, for the last 6 days I drove in the Capri, mild weather and no rain to boot - incredibly pleasant. Roads were pretty much dead as well!

Off up to the motor factors this afternoon for a few bits, after the weekend I've got a few jobs to do so probably won't go out for a few weeks, which ties in with the reported icy conditions soon...