My 2.8 Injection

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
eddiereale
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8 Injection 83.

My 2.8 Injection

Post by eddiereale »

This is my 2.8 injection that I picked up during the week. Finally got my hands on one after been looking for one for a while.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: My 2.8 Injection

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Welcome to the forum :welcome:, and congratulations on the purchase of the car of your dreams!
Your Capri looks like a beauty, and Caspian blue over Strato silver is defintely one of my favourite colour combinations. 8-)
I look forward to hearing more about your car.

All the best,
Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

:welcome:
Nice car :)
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Welcome Eddie, looks like a nice example you have there.

Plenty of knowledge and advice available on here if you ever need it plus we're generally a friendly bunch who don't mind a bit of a laugh (crac?) now and again.

I guess by the plates on it you are in Ireland.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Very nice the Capri looks good in two tone ...
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
eddiereale

Post by eddiereale »

Thanks for the welcomes.
Yep I'm in Ireland.
Car is in good enough condition. Driving perfect. Small couple of body repairs needed but nothing major. Thinking my first job will be to change the wheels not a fan of the pepperpots. Think i will go with 13x8 minilites or 13x7 superlites. Would any one have any thoughts on which would be better.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Noooo. Dont change the pepperpots - or if you do put some other wheels on there keep them by you as a full set. It will be worth more in the future with it's original wheels.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Not_Anumber wrote:Noooo. Dont change the pepperpots - or if you do put some other wheels on there keep them by you as a full set. It will be worth more in the future with it's original wheels.
I have a set of CCI Brooklands replicas on mine and have the Pepperpots in the garage too :)
eddiereale

Post by eddiereale »

Yeah definitely going to keep the pepperpots and will probably get them overhauled as they need a bit of work.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: I look forward to hearing more about your car.
Yes, me too, nice to have a new car on the block. Welcome to the forum, good luck with your new purchase. By the way you must be very tall looking at the angle of your photographs..
Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Post by Pas28i »

Welcome to the forum looks like a nice Capri in a great colour combo!

I personally really like the pepperpots it’s part of the signature look of the 2.8i.
If you really want a good alternative then I’d go for the 15in 4spoke RS style alloys, aside to the 280 style wheels already mentioned.

It’s a shame that no one makes 15s in pepperpots or the Ghia style alloys, as i think they would look ace too and give more variety!