Janspeed Exhausts

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Post by sheff »

andyd wrote:
Looking on Ebay, Roadrunner no longer do the manifolds either.....I think there has been a fall out between them and Janspeed :?
I went to Janspeed to buy my system a few years ago. It was the last 2.8 one they had and the salesman gave me the impression that they cater more for manufactures now like Lotus, where they buy in large quantity orders. And I also got the impression some of the components were made in China now and final assembled in the UK.
I think Motorsport can buy in bulk hence Janspeed will do a run of them. Demand has probably dropped off now, as most people have fitted them and they'll not need changing. Personally I think they became a bit overpriced and had I not got such a good deal at the time I would've probably fitted something else
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

sheff wrote:
andyd wrote:
Looking on Ebay, Roadrunner no longer do the manifolds either.....I think there has been a fall out between them and Janspeed :?
I went to Janspeed to buy my system a few years ago. It was the last 2.8 one they had and the salesman gave me the impression that they cater more for manufactures now like Lotus, where they buy in large quantity orders. And I also got the impression some of the components were made in China now and final assembled in the UK.
I think Motorsport can buy in bulk hence Janspeed will do a run of them. Demand has probably dropped off now, as most people have fitted them and they'll not need changing. Personally I think they became a bit overpriced and had I not got such a good deal at the time I would've probably fitted something else
IIRC, the last time I priced a system Roadrunner were cheaper than Janspeed themselves.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I just can't make up my mind about whether to buy a Janspeed exhaust or not. I think the Sportex sounds almost as nice, and I do like the look of the black colour with chrome tailpipe end. In addition, the Sportex is a lot cheaper. If I need to replace the whole system, not including the manifolds, it will cost only £239 as opposed to nearly £1000 to change to a Janspeed exhaust and manifold.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I just can't make up my mind about whether to buy a Janspeed exhaust or not. I think the Sportex sounds almost as nice, and I do like the look of the black colour with chrome tailpipe end. In addition, the Sportex is a lot cheaper. If I need to replace the whole system, not including the manifolds, it will cost only £239 as opposed to nearly £1000 to change to a Janspeed exhaust and manifold.

Andrew.
You could get 4 Sportex systems for the price of the Janspeed set up, and if they last a fair time I would stick with them.
:agree: they do sound good, but the system I had on my old 2.8 didn't have the chrome tailpipes.
andyd

Post by andyd »

From a member on Capri World Facebook page, re 2.8/3.0;
"OK everyone I called Janspeed today. They are making a batch in house as we speak. The lead time is 3-4 weeks and cost is around £550 including vat and delivery. So get on to them ASAP and put your orders in guy’s".
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

andyd wrote:From a member on Capri World Facebook page, re 2.8/3.0;
"OK everyone I called Janspeed today. They are making a batch in house as we speak. The lead time is 3-4 weeks and cost is around £550 including vat and delivery. So get on to them ASAP and put your orders in guy’s".
That's a very good price if it includes the manifolds!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:That's a very good price if it includes the manifolds!
:agree: If the manifolds are included, although I wouldn't have thought so
However, it is probably everybody's last chance to buy a new Janspeed system. Once this batch has sold out, since most people that want a Janspeed system will already have one, it's unlikely there will be enough individual buyers interested to warrant them making a another batch in the future. Not unless somebody buys an entire batch to sell on.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
sheff wrote:That's a very good price if it includes the manifolds!
:agree: If the manifolds are included, although I wouldn't have thought so
However, it is probably everybody's last chance to buy a new Janspeed system. Once this batch has sold out, since most people that want a Janspeed system will already have one, it's unlikely there will be enough individual buyers interested to warrant them making a another batch in the future. Not unless somebody buys an entire batch to sell on.

Andrew.
No not inc manifolds, so probably still over £800 if you wanted them....

I can't see them making these too much longer, maybe a couple of years at the most :?:
andyd

Post by andyd »

sheff wrote:
andyd wrote:From a member on Capri World Facebook page, re 2.8/3.0;
That's a very good price if it includes the manifolds!
Someone on Capri World has a system inc stainless manifolds at a cost of £1100...So appears manifolds are now available, but must be around £550!!