Who Remembers?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Who Remembers?

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes I did say to day he should have kept the plate .
I think I will go for Freddie as the new film coming out really looks good .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Jasonmarie wrote:Yes I did say to day he should have kept the plate .
I think I will go for Freddie as the new film coming out really looks good .
Nice plate & great pictures too! Thanks for sharing Freddie :D
Booked to see the film on Wednesday, really looking forward to it.
Missed the ‘post card’ thread earlier too, brought back great memories of spinning the card racks as a kid & laughing at the pictures 8-)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

You lucky man , I did see the trailer and the guy who plays Freddie really pulls it off . Enjoy the film Rob
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Great pics Jason, kids were simply not afraid to smile back then. Kids today have to look cool and sullen, but years ago we were all enjoying ourselves and couldn't help but show it.

Good link Nick, I reckon that show taught us all a lot and we didn't even realise.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Who remembers having their hair washed with one of these :)

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Who remembers having their hair washed with one of these :)

:wave: That was a big step up from the Jug :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Even a bigger step up from the kitchen sink :lol:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

:lol: That’s brilliant, I’ll show my mother this on the weekend. She’s probably still got hers in the attic.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Thanks guys. It's actually a very quick and easy way of washing your hair, less fuss than the shower, quick kneel beside the bath and a few minutes later you're done! :)
pbar

Post by pbar »

Ah the good old train set, I had loads of this. Kids would scoff at it now, but a couple of hours messing with this stuff would teach you far more than spending ten hours a day glued to a screen playing Call Of Duty.

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Ah the good old train set, I had loads of this. Kids would scoff at it now, but a couple of hours messing with this stuff would teach you far more than spending ten hours a day glued to a screen playing Call Of Duty.

We had had set from the 70's and only sold it about 15 years ago....Dad was always into it more than me but I did use it, I preferred scalextric :drive:
You really need the space to have this set up all the time. We had it in the attic room on a couple of old interior doors, and had some scenery and tunnels for it :D As with scalextric often it would stop working for no apparent reason :?

Would like a set up now, but room issue again :( Even thought about Airfix planes again so I can hang them from the grandsons bedroom ceiling :D
Spent hours making those, had better eyesight then though :lol:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I had a Hornby OO train set as a kid and loved it - had steam engines that actually steamed and quite a bit of track and other bits and bobs and I used to play with it quite a lot. Unfortunately play with it were the operative words and it was quite bashed about by the time I dug it all out about 15 years ago and sold it. Still got £150 for it all though from an enthusiast who was going to restore it all. Bit like selling a rusty old Capri and someone renovating it into something nice again!

I didn't have a Scalextric set but I still have my massive Meccano set. I have three large boxes, all about 3' X 2' X1' of 1940's, 50's and sixties Meccano that mostly is unused and still in its original boxes and wrappers. TBH I don't even now know what is in there or frankly what to do with it. I never had a son and my nephews aren't interested so I suppose it will just stay where it's been for the last 50 years. I ought really to look into the best way of getting rid of it because if I popped my cloggs it would probably just be taken away by a house clearance lot which would be wrong.

Oh yes, I do remember those showers that go on the taps, my mate's dad still has one in his house.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Paul G wrote:I had a Hornby OO train set as a kid
I've still got one :oops:

It's set up in the attic so doesn't get used really. Maybe I'll find some time one day :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:I had a Hornby OO train set as a kid and loved it - had steam engines that actually steamed and quite a bit of track and other bits and bobs and I used to play with it quite a lot. Unfortunately play with it were the operative words and it was quite bashed about by the time I dug it all out about 15 years ago and sold it. Still got £150 for it all though from an enthusiast who was going to restore it all. Bit like selling a rusty old Capri and someone renovating it into something nice again!

I didn't have a Scalextric set but I still have my massive Meccano set. I have three large boxes, all about 3' X 2' X1' of 1940's, 50's and sixties Meccano that mostly is unused and still in its original boxes and wrappers. TBH I don't even now know what is in there or frankly what to do with it. I never had a son and my nephews aren't interested so I suppose it will just stay where it's been for the last 50 years. I ought really to look into the best way of getting rid of it because if I popped my cloggs it would probably just be taken away by a house clearance lot which would be wrong.

Oh yes, I do remember those showers that go on the taps, my mate's dad still has one in his house.
Meccano, that wasn't my favourite :( Too awkward, fiddly and annoying....I still can't cope with things like that now :doh:

A pity your nephews aren't interested but not surprised....I would offer it on ebay or take it to an auction or something?? All hassle I know :headscratch:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes remember the good old train set I even had some tri-ang stuff . Kids don’t play with these things now it’s all PlayStation and iPads .
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

:lol: :lol: : :applaud:

Yep very funny these adverts were Andy :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd

Post by andyd »

Funny, I don't recall these :? Maybe stuck in the back of my mind somewhere :headscratch:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:
Funny, I don't recall these :? Maybe stuck in the back of my mind somewhere :headscratch:

Really Andy ?? I always wanted one. This advert might shake your memory ??

https://youtu.be/BRTw-ux_Tew