Cool Dash Update Nov 2018

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Cool Dash Update Nov 2018

Post by Jasonmarie »

intresting about the wrinkles as I thought they would be there the older we got ...

It might be down to the oil Andrew is using and can we try a heated blanket on your Andy , Nick has his under the bed . Mine rolled up in my bag ... I will check next time I am down there .

What are we like :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
andyd wrote: Mine has been on the spare bed under a blanket and still has some wrinkle marks.
Maybe they should have been rolled up in the post rather than folded....
They produce a nice item like that but then fold them all up to post? Seems a little crazy.

Anyone tried ironing them out?
My Sierra mat was rolled up when posted by a different seller and was all good, that's how it is now awaiting delivery to the next lucky owner :)

Didn't think about ironing it Paul....Don't think I have the nerve just incase it goes t*ts up :?
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:intresting about the wrinkles as I thought they would be there the older we got ...

It might be down to the oil Andrew is using and can we try a heated blanket on your Andy , Nick has his under the bed . Mine rolled up in my bag ... I will check next time I am down there .

What are we like :lol:
We have a heated blanket on our bed but not on the spare bed...Maybe I need to slip it under our sheet with the blanket on :whistle:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:
Didn't think about ironing it Paul....Don't think I have the nerve just incase it goes t*ts up :?
As long as you have a towel on top of it I'm sure it would be ok. Not that I know anything about ironing though!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes I think you need a quick run down to trago mills and pick up a cheap heated blanket , as Paul said see if they sell them expensive Welsh T towels and it must be blue , as yellow means something else .

Just checked with oil boilers are us , and they recommend dipping your tank and look at getting super mat oil for wrinkle free problems .

Think this must cover all our problems .
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote:Anyone tried ironing them out?
andyd wrote:Don't think I have the nerve just incase it goes t*ts up :?
Yes, I tried it earlier. I ironed it on a middle-ish setting and used a tea towel on top of it (no photos of that one), but it hasn't made any difference to the wrinkles.
How are everybody elses looking? I was hoping that the wrinkles would have dropped out by now.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
pbar wrote:Anyone tried ironing them out?
andyd wrote:Don't think I have the nerve just incase it goes t*ts up :?
Yes, I tried it earlier. I ironed it on a middle-ish setting and used a tea towel on top of it (no photos of that one), but it hasn't made any difference to the wrinkles.
How are everybody elses looking? I was hoping that the wrinkles would have dropped out by now.

Andrew.
Just tried ironing mine upside down with a tea towel, but made no difference :( The backing is as smooth as a babies bum, it's just the front has about 3 lines across it.
I have it on top or the chest of drawers now with the ironing board on top of it, hoping the weight will help...What have you started Paul :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Colin is aware of the packaging issue and is looking at tubed or boxed instead of Jiffy Bag
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes what has Mr Paul stated I have looked on amazon and there’s a trousers press that you use to get in the Hotels in the late 70s I wonder if we should purchase one and send out as a anti wrinkle equipment . If it goes well we could be on dragons den this time next year .

Thoughts lady’s and gents

All Paul they don’t have a trousers press cheap in Aldi ?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Colin is aware of the packaging issue and is looking at tubed or boxed instead of Jiffy Bag
That's good to know that future buyers will get their items in pristine condition, but what about those already sold?

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Got it just had another thought a Turkish steam room ?
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Colin is aware of the packaging issue and is looking at tubed or boxed instead of Jiffy Bag
That's good to know that future buyers will get their items in pristine condition, but what about those already sold?

Andrew.
It's a bit annoying but I can live with it, and Colin agrees hopefully it will improve once the sun gets on it next year...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Got it just had another Turkish Delight ?
This is no time to be thinking about food JM
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:Got it just had another Turkish Delight ?
This is no time to be thinking about food JM

All we have come back to Turkish delight yes I would put that in my Top Ten .... with the fruit and nut .
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mk1 Capri Dahmats now templated and available in a few days!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: So it was end of the road for ice truckers also do you remember Lizard towing Christ they really went to town on that .
I watched Lizard Lick a few times, but it was just too scripted for me to enjoy watching. I saw a classic car programme where the guy from Lizard Lick came to the UK to set up a buying and selling partnership with another man. It was all set up for the cameras and scripted. You know the sort of stuff - they sell a car to somebody, but the same car has been booked to be used as a wedding car for a friend. Can they do the wedding and get the car back before the buyer backs out of the deal? :drama: Who cares?..... :roll:

Andrew.
Daz-RSK
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.8i Special

Post by Daz-RSK »

Thanks for raising this Nick. I am not on fb so would never have known.

I should have read this thread further, instead of just Nick's OP and then asking the company the question. You guys would probably be able to answer.

Can this be used permanently ? Does it have the weight to stay on the dashboard whilst the car is moving - or will it slide off ?

It really is a menace, the dashboard on mine. Apart from the seats, which I'm having refurbed anyway, the top of the dash is cracked in the usual spot, by the speaker grill. I would love a tailored version that looks good enough to sit permanently on the top there. It would be good if a company then made one that was tailored for a permanent fit and cut outs for the screen vents.

You chaps may already know this. :cool:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Daz-RSK wrote:Thanks for raising this Nick. I am not on fb so would never have known.

I should have read this thread further, instead of just Nick's OP and then asking the company the question. You guys would probably be able to answer.

Can this be used permanently ? Does it have the weight to stay on the dashboard whilst the car is moving - or will it slide off ?

It really is a menace, the dashboard on mine. Apart from the seats, which I'm having refurbed anyway, the top of the dash is cracked in the usual spot, by the speaker grill. I would love a tailored version that looks good enough to sit permanently on the top there. It would be good if a company then made one that was tailored for a permanent fit and cut outs for the screen vents.

You chaps may already know this. :cool:
Hi mate,
I haven't used the Capri mat yet, but I had one on my XR4x4 and kept it on all the time. It sits in place no problem, only thing is it does block the screen vents, but as I don't drive in wet or damp weather it's not really a problem.
Due to the shape of the dash the Capri mat is a little thinner above the glovebox area than the Sierra, but hopefully it stays on whilst driving....
andyd

Post by andyd »

From Cool Dash FB page;
"In order to progress in what we do, we've listened to our customers and we now send out boxed or tubed" :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I still have not got down to mine yet and see how’s its doing also I need to drop the clutch a bit and move around as it’s been sitting for 6 weeks now ........panic.........