Vin Plate for sale

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Vin Plate for sale

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi,

Don't see many of these come up for sale nowadays, especially the good quality ones ( according to the description of course).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CHASSIS ... k:153:pf:0

There was a load of 'not so good' ones being sold a year or two back. I could not resist to buy one myself at the time more for research reasons as they were pretty cheap but when it arrived it was deffo a poorer quality to the one that I fitted to B112 a while back but it still looked ok. Not sure how well the 'cheaper' ones would have stood up to being reverse embossed stamped as mine is still in my bedside table drawer :lol:

I recall Mark "brooky" was going to buy one and get it stamped up and fitted but at the time we were both a bit unsure how it would cope with the stamping process as the stamper compamy I used did say that cheaper plates did not work so well in their machine. I was lucky at the time to find a supplier who had the very good quality ones which the stamper said himself was very rare. I wonder if Mark ever did get his one stamped up ?

Anyway this one sounds like its the better quality one which if its like mine then has a proper 'metal' feel to it rather that a lighter 'plastic' feel as to the 'research' plate I have in my drawer. Good ones are getting so hard to find that they really are fetching a premium price now as you can see with this one on ebay. But if anyone wants one to finish off a resto than this would deffo be the one to get and I still have the details of the stamping company that I used to get mine stamped up if anyone is interested,

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Vin Plate for sale

Post by Jasonmarie »

Holy bat man pants . How much they must be as rare as a dog singing “ stair way to heaven” by Led Zeppelin and smoking a number one tip fag .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Nice find.
The name of the seller looks familiar......

Nick, how about posting a photo of your cheap research plate so we can see the difference in quality between them. That way, hopefully people won't get caught out buying a cheap one for good money.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Nice find.
The name of the seller looks familiar......

Andrew.
It's our Mark :wave:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The listing has ended now. It looks as though somebody has bought themselves a very rare item.

Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:The listing has ended now. It looks as though somebody has bought themselves a very rare item.

Andrew.
Not as rare as you might think https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CHASSIS ... 0011.m1850
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:The listing has ended now. It looks as though somebody has bought themselves a very rare item.

Andrew.
Not as rare as you might think https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CHASSIS ... 0011.m1850
Same one. Or at least the same seller.

Andrew.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Re: Vin Plate for sale ONE LEFT

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

These actually belong to a mate of mine. He had a couple. Somebody on the RS forum wanted one but kept stalling on payment so he asked me to realist it on ebay. He doesn't do ebay. If anyone is interested let me know and I will pass on his details. On the copy ones I bought one, rubbish by comparison FYI. I won't list until next week so just reply on here or drop me a pm.
Cheers