Mk3CortinaCapri
Car(s): 1971 Mk3 Cortina 2.0 GT
1986 Capri 2.0 Laser
2018 Fiesta Titanium
2019 Focus St Line X

Wanted Original Laser wheels

Post by Mk3CortinaCapri »

Hi,
I'm toying with the idea of buying a set of 4 original laser wheels for my 86 Laser to fit during the winter months. Would, ideally, like a nice set with reasonable tyres if possible. I'm near Reading so local ish

Cheers, David
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Wanted Original Laser wheels

Post by Jasonmarie »

Give Tickover Boys in Dartford a shout as there a laser they have for parts ( I think ) which had four laser wheels on the other week . Then not a bad drive to pick up .
If not Martin May have a set at Capri Gear only thing postage will be a bit .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Everyone and his uncle seems to have Laser wheels in the garden shed, I'm sure you will find someone to help. I bought a very nice set on here from a good member to improve on the ones I had. Hopefully you will get them for around £10-£15 per wheel, that's the kind of price I paid.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

As Paul has said there must be some near to you I see a very nice set on eBay for £100 but I think they are in Worcester
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3599378103

I have been looking at 15” Brooklands wheels for sale on eBay but I must start saving for my headunit upgrade like Johns .

But have a look as they would look good on my little old laser ? And I think they will fit easy as well ...
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3496601070
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote:But have a look as they would look good on my little old laser ? And I think they will fit easy as well ...
Hey J.

Those wheels look superb fella. You wont believe the difference the 7x15's will make to the stance of your Laser, but one point worth noting is that you may or may not have to consider your wheel studs fella. Martin kindly warned me to check that mine were long enough to take the 7" when he seen I bought the 7x15. He fitted some and had hardly any stud left for the wheel nuts. A few others did warn me on CW too. But I reckon my studs are longer than std as I have plenty of stud showing for the nuts and I already had 7x13's fitted fir three yrs with no issues anyway. It might be one of those try them first then you can see if you are happy with the studs. Easy enough to replace tbough. Tickover will do that in an hour for you if you need them. I would not sell your other ones till you fit these if you do decide to buy them. They will look stunning J.

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes I do wonder what more pressure of parking as no power steering Gus did say he could have a play with the steering to get it a bit lighter for me as my back really feels it sometime when trying to park . Also they look the same as what I have so it works out £150 a corner for a extra 2” ? Marie just said go for it , don’t think she knew we was talking wheels .

Might ring that late night Capri drug line :lol: and see if they can talk me out of it ..... really good well worth downloading the App ....... :lol:
So on my list is ..... headunit , amp ,dab , I pod adaptor then new front over rider & all new petrol pipes threw out .service .
Then seats & fishnet headrest reupholstered/ refurbish. Paint work look at on front of wing .( Martin looking at mays CCI meet ) The Tickover upgrade on the brakes .
So only a few little jobs to do
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:
But have a look as they would look good on my little old laser ? And I think they will fit easy as well ...
Yes, they would look good on your car Jason.
The ones in the link are the older type with metal centre caps. Are they a bargain though? They look as though they might need a refurb as they look quite scratched and scuffed. The tyres are also over 5 years old, so they will probably need replacing for safety reasons.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:
Yes, they would look good on your car Jason.
The ones in the link are the older type with metal centre caps. Are they a bargain though? They look as though they might need a refurb as they look quite scratched and scuffed. The tyres are also over 5 years old, so they will probably need replacing for safety reasons.

Andrew.
:agree:
At least £200 for new tyres so now getting quite expensive.... A better or cheaper set will come along, or save up and buy a new set from CCI :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

So, at £695 for the wheels plus say £50 per wheel refurb makes a total of £895.
Take the tyres out of the equation as they'll probably have to be replaced.
A brand new set of CCI wheels are £820 and you can pick them up at the Nationals to save on the £40 postage.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2 ... 2133435536
Or they are £195 each (members price) on the website.

The only downside is that they have the clip-in plastic centre caps not metal locking ones like the wheels in the Ebay listing.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:So, at £695 for the wheels plus say £50 per wheel refurb makes a total of £895.
Take the tyres out of the equation as they'll probably have to be replaced.
A brand new set of CCI wheels are £820 and you can pick them up at the Nationals to save on the £40 postage.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2 ... 2133435536
Or they are £195 each (members price) on the website.

The only downside is that they have the clip-in plastic centre caps not metal locking ones like the wheels in the Ebay listing.

Andrew.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-2 ... 100623.m-1

I know of a newly refurbed set with new clip in centre caps, new ford badges and nearly new tyres......But I'm keeping them :lol: :sorry:

Apparently, John Hill had some legal issues when he wanted to reproduce the locking centre caps, hence the clip in.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Do you know I never even thought of the Tyres so I was going down a expensive route . Also my Capri Drives so nice on the road I don’t really know what they would feel like . And if I don’t like them a expensive mistake .

Yes CCI look and better route to go down then he ones on eBay . But I think I will put that on hold for a few years .....
Mk3CortinaCapri
1986 Capri 2.0 Laser
2018 Fiesta Titanium
2019 Focus St Line X

Still haven't got any yet, missed out on the listed wheels in Worchester, forgot when they ended and missed. Only other wheels out there at moment seem to be expensive or not a full set. No rush but would like some before the damp weather sets in. Will also need a full set of wheel nuts too..
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:Also they look the same as what I have so it works out £150 a corner for a extra 2” ?
Jason, I have been exactly where you are now mate...debating whether or not the extra 2" is gonna make a difference and if its money well spent...??? I had quite a few conversations with John before I finally decided Well mate I have to tell you that upgrading my 7x13 to 7x15 is one of the best things I done to B112. Immediately changed the stance of my Capri as I personally always thought the 13" looked just a tad small under my arches. Now I have lowered it over the 15" I have exactly the ride height/stance I have craved for. I sold my 7x13 to Des but was not greedy with the price but just enough to offset a bit of the cost of the 7x15's. I personally really like the new feel of how B112 drives now. Yep the single leafs lowered 1.5" give the car a much firmer ride but again I like this.

Jason the thing with the 7x15 wheels is the massive choice of tyres. You can almost name your price and have a big selection to choose from. But the wheels are not vitally important for you at the moment as you have quite a list there so you can wait and have a think but if you do decide to get them you wont be disappointed mate...albeit a bit less wealthy...ok...a lot less wealthy !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jasonmarie wrote: Marie just said go for it
Wow !! I like her style mate !!!!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mk3CortinaCapri wrote:Still haven't got any yet, missed out on the listed wheels in Worchester, forgot when they ended and missed. Only other wheels out there at moment seem to be expensive or not a full set. No rush but would like some before the damp weather sets in. Will also need a full set of wheel nuts too..
Good Luck with finding some mate, surely some will turn up soon.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Do you know I never even thought of the Tyres so I was going down a expensive route . Also my Capri Drives so nice on the road I don’t really know what they would feel like . And if I don’t like them a expensive mistake .

Yes CCI look and better route to go down then he ones on eBay . But I think I will put that on hold for a few years .....
:wave: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBW-FORD-CAP ... ctupt=true :wave:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

That’s funny Andy I just spotted them I think they are the same as nicks , yes I do like the way the 15” sit on the Capri , but mine drives so well it’s a shame to try changing something that I like .
But as you say no rush .
I should start doing a list of things to do as I start of well then go of on a next project that was not on my list .
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Just spotted these laser wheels and very cheap
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3202200761
Mk3CortinaCapri
1986 Capri 2.0 Laser
2018 Fiesta Titanium
2019 Focus St Line X

Yes, look nice but they are quiet some way from me in Newcastle so to far. I'm looking at a set in Southsea for £120 but they look like they need tyres and also need refurbishing as have grey/black centres and no black centre caps... Sort of defeats the object as didn't want to pay extra for refurbishing and new tyres. Only wanted a set for winter use as don't want my polished rims to deteriorate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-L ... 1438.l2649

This one looks good but is the best one
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mk3CortinaCapri wrote:Yes, look nice but they are quiet some way from me in Newcastle so to far. I'm looking at a set in Southsea for £120 but they look like they need tyres and also need refurbishing as have grey/black centres and no black centre caps... Sort of defeats the object as didn't want to pay extra for refurbishing and new tyres. Only wanted a set for winter use as don't want my polished rims to deteriorate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-L ... 1438.l2649

This one looks good but is the best one
If only for winter use maybe widen your search to Pepperpots or 13" 7 Spokes???
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Everyone and his uncle seems to have Laser wheels in the garden shed, I'm sure you will find someone to help. I bought a very nice set on here from a good member to improve on the ones I had. Hopefully you will get them for around £10-£15 per wheel, that's the kind of price I paid.
I hope you bought plenty at that price Paul :lol:

Many sellers now asking stupid money for pretty poor wheels :?
In our area it's £60 per wheel for a refurb and around £50 for a 13" tyre fitted.....Soon adds up for a set of 4 :shock: