Dislok

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Essexsoulboy
Car(s): Capri 280

Dislok

Post by Essexsoulboy »

Now my 280 is back on the road I'm now going to update its security systems.I like the look of the Dislok,seems to have rave reviews,just wondering if anyone else has one or if anyone can recommend anything else that might keep my car safe.What Dislok would I need? I'm guessing a small ? Thanks
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Dislok

Post by andyd »

They are a great visual deterrent, and yes a small fits my 2.8. There are 3 locking positions, so when you fit it make sure it spins without turning the steering wheel, but not loose enough it can be prised off.
Wheel clamps are ok too, there are various sorts on :ebay:

In the past I have used both at the same time even though car is garaged.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Another vote for Disklok here, the small size fits my Laser standard steering wheel.

I didn't realise it had three locking positions though Andy.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have the stop lock pro and it’s very good also have a car immobiliser with a 3 red flashing lights . Hope it keeps things safe .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Another vote for dislok here. I've had one since owning the car (coming up 5 years now) and it's great. I keep seeing them on other cars far more valuable than a Capri so they must be doing something right.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Yet another vote for Disklok here.
What I've found with the small size Disklok is that the fit is just a smidgen too loose on the 2.8 steering wheel. The simple solution is to run a thin layer of foam around the perimeter to pad it out a bit. As Andy says, you don't want a really tight fit as I think the lock must spin on the steering wheel when fitted.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Yet another vote for Disklock here.
What I've found with the small size Disklock is that the fit is just a smidgen too loose on the 2.8 steering wheel. The simple solution is to run a thin layer of foam around the perimeter to pad it out a bit.

Andrew.
I have a length of bubblewrap inside mine to pad it out :cheers:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Yep I also haveva disklok too. Very simple to fit and really feels quality. Seem to remember someone posting here about 18mths ago that he lost his keys to his disklok and it took him the whole weekend to get the thing off his steering wheel. Now if this aint a great reason to get one nothing is !!
pbar wrote:I didn't realise it had three locking positions though Andy.
Yep, Paul you will see three slots you can clamp the bar into before sliding the lock bar into place. I clamp mine into the tightest slot. I also have a disklok wheel cover to protect ny wheel too.

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Yep, Paul you will see three slots you can clamp the bar into before sliding the lock bar into place. I clamp mine into the tightest slot.
Ah yes, thanks Nick. Like yourself, I have only ever used it on the closest lock.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Yep, Paul you will see three slots you can clamp the bar into before sliding the lock bar into place. I clamp mine into the tightest slot.
Ah yes, thanks Nick. Like yourself, I have only ever used it on the closest lock.
Tightest slot on the Capri, but used the middle slot on the Sierra :wave: