Tickover Day Part two....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Tickover Day Part two....

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Well the time has come again. I am leaving B112 in with Tickover tomorrow morning for Stage Two of my underside resto :)

Most of you already know they did a great job on my rear/front suspension a while ago so now I can turn my attention to the next stage.

I am getting Gus and Clive to refurbish my rear axle, prop and gearbox and paint them up before refitting. Been wanting to get this done for some time so very excited the time had finally arrived. I have a strong feeling the prop is due a refurb so makes sense to get the axle and gearbox all done too so that is one big tick off 'to do' list !! I will get them to look at a few other little things too while they are at it.

They reckon on having B112 for about a week which will be the longest time away from home ! Will be strange seeing an empty garage :cry: but will all be worth it when I get her back :)

Will keep you updated of course.

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Tickover Day Part two....

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

:goodluck:
Your Capri is in safe hands and I'm sure they will do an amazing job with overhauling the underside bits.
The next stage is buying the mirrors to take to the car shows..... :)

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote::goodluck:
Your Capri is in safe hands and I'm sure they will do an amazing job with overhauling the underside bits.
The next stage is buying the mirrors to take to the car shows..... :)

Andrew.
You know thats true Andrew :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote::goodluck:
Cheers Andrew :)
Andrew 2.8i wrote:The next stage is buying the mirrors to take to the car shows..... :) .
andyd wrote:You know thats true Andrew :)

:o Come on guys would I do a thing like this.... :wave:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Great she will be like new again Nick . And hope to see her next week if we can meet up as legs switch off has been put on Hold .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:And hope to see her next week if we can meet up as legs switch off has been put on Hold .
Yes fella be great to meet up if we can mate but if not don't worry as very easy to walk to Tickover from Dartford Station. Sorry to hear your leg appointment has been cancelled. Hope all is ok fella. Thanks very much for the ford wheel spanner too mate. Will give this a couple of coats of paint then will fit it. I had forgotten tbh in all the excitement but Clive said he had something for me then I saw the bag "Best Laser Award" :lol: :lol: :lol: but think your stunning Laser will have something to say about this mate :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

So chaps, I got home from Tickover. Very easy indeed as its only a 20 min walk to Dartford Station from Tickover and train to London Bridge is only 35 mins and they run every 12 mins or so !!

BUT I have a little tale that will make Peter laugh. Usually I leave for car shows extra early if rain is forecast to try to outrun the rain but thankfully no rain today forecast...BUT as I had to cross the dreaded Queen Elizabeth II Bridge ( Dartford Crossing ) I did not want to travel during the rush hour as it comes to a bleedin standstill from about 7am onwards...soooooo I decided to leave extra early at 0545 for a journey that only takes about 50mins !! I just crossed the bridge at 0630 just as the traffic came to a slow to stop speed at which point I just dived off at the Tickover turnoff just over the bridge. All this meant I arrived down at Tickover at about 7am when they open at 9am....ring any bells Peter, Steve ( DEAL !!).

I was also a bit concerned with the propshaft I wanted a straight run through and my plan worked a dream. The prop was deffo letting me know it was there though !! But speaking to Clive and explaining the noise he immediately said he would put his house on it being the centre bearing. Due to this concern I have had with the prop for a while, I have not driven B112 since The Ace as this was the first appointment I could get with Tickover as they are so busy which is great of course ! !! So I had a brilliant drive in B112 this morning albeit with a singing prop which held absolutely grand, any sign of it getting worse I would have pulled over and got a tow to Tickover. I could see it was going to get me there !!!

So now I am home and my garage is empty for the first time :cry: Its been away for day trips but never a prolonged period, but I know its in safe hands and cant wait to see how it drives with a refurbished prop, axle and gearbox :)

Anyway thought this story would make Peter chuckle as I am getting a bit of a reputation for arriving at shows way too early trying to outsmart the weather while failing miserably :lol: :lol:

All the best

Nick

PS Big thanks to Jason who dropped off a Ford Wheel Spanner with Clive when he was in with them earlier this week with his Laser for mot. Cheers fella. Clive gave it to me this morning. Its great ! Mine was missing so really nice of Jason to give me a spare one he had so it really completes the boot resto !! :applaud:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Anyway thought this story would make Peter chuckle as I am getting a bit of a reputation for arriving at shows way too early trying to outsmart the weather while failing miserably :lol: :lol:
Indeed Nick. But keep up the good work, it give's us a laugh :xd:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:Indeed Nick. But keep up the good work, it give's us a laugh :xd:
:wave:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Christ that was early yes they are good at Tickover and let’s hope its sorted early next week as can’t do Friday, .
So I bet they have started on B112 already and striped all the bits out , I can’t belive how well mine goes after a Tune Up . :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hi chaps,

Clive emailed me earlier on this evening to let me know that B112 is all done and ready for collection !! Great news. I will pop over to Tickover later today (fri) to collect her.

I wont fib in saying I have not been really worried with this Storm 'Callum' approaching fast to the uk, but thankfully it looks like it shoud clear up in the South East later in the morning so hopefully will be nice dry run back...fingers crossed !! I will go over to Tickover later to deffo let the weather clear. Very exciting indeed to be getting B112 back home !! I even cleaned up my garage in preparation (see other thread I just about to do :) )

While they had B112 I also asked them to check the tappet valves too and a couple of other things so this Tickover Part Two will certainly enable me to tick off some of the big jobs I had on my to do list :)

Will let you know how it goes

Cheers

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:I will go over to Tickover later
What do you consider to be a late arrival at Tickover, is it 4 AM? ;)
It's great news that your car is ready to collect. Hopefully B112 will drive like a dream on the journey home.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

:goodluck: with the weather, it's :turd: here today and half of tomorrow :(

Looking forward to the update and pics :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Congratulations, 5000 posts for the Captain! :cheers: :D

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Congratulations, 5000 posts for the Captain! :cheers: :D

Andrew.
Bugger I missed it :doh: Knew it was really close.
Looking at yours Andrew I need to be on here alot more :shock: But I haven't done any 'How To' threads with my favorite Tea Towel :whistle: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:I haven't done any 'How To' threads with my favorite Tea Towel :whistle: :lol:
:xd:
That tea towel hasn't been photographed for some time. Watch this space....

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:I haven't done any 'How To' threads with my favorite Tea Towel :whistle: :lol:
:xd:
That tea towel hasn't been photographed for some time. Watch this space....

Andrew.
Winter projects here we come :lol:

I could have done a how to fit new number plates, but that's like teaching your Granny how to suck eggs :?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So picked up young Nick on this very windy day and took him to Tickovers where she was sitting and waiting for him as normal look very nice and i will let nick do the duty’s of telling everybody what has been done .
Glad we left when we did as the Dartford Tunnel was a massive car park and lucky nick joined close to the front of the jam .

Here’s a quick picture I took .

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Image
Looking great! The weather there is much nicer than it is here...

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes that’s funny because we both said that storm Callum your having on the west just missed us so nick could get home in the dry , just rung me to say he got home ok and the car was sweet as a Nut .
Tickover done a super job . :beer: