anyone know this car A382 KWW?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
crg
Car(s): capri 2.0 full of holes :'(

anyone know this car A382 KWW?

Post by crg »

Im looking at buying another capri, this one came up locally and its pretty cheap, just seeing if anyone knows of it as theres no history or anything with it.
its a 2.0 s red
cheers
[email protected]
Car(s): I lost my 2.0s cardinal red Capri, A382 KWW. I'd like to buy it back but know it's full history. I've been searching for it
Jeremy waters York

Re: anyone know this car A382 KWW?

Post by [email protected] »

Hi hopefully someone may know who has this car cardinal red 2.0s a382 KWW

I owned this car from about 1986 until around 4 years ago. I GAVE it to a guy (Paul, trying to remember his surname in sedgefield) as he renovated classic cars, I said he could have it use it, but if he ever decided to sell it. He must offer to sell it back to me. The car was immaculate inside, externally needed a bit of work the doors had dropped and a hole on the inside of the rear window next to rubber seal. The only paint it had was when some (low life) put a key down either side twenty years ago, not the best repair although cost me a bit at a local garage. (Never used again!)
I have tried to contact the guy but now find he sold it ( against his word and our agreement) I have all the info on this car and if anyone can help I'd like to buy it back please.

Owned this car a long time wouldn't sell it hence my agreement, to whom I thought was a decent guy. No money changed hands as it was a loan.

Please let me know if anyone knows who has it.
Jez waters York
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

That car is currently taxed and has an MOT, so it's still alive and well it seems.

You can request current owner details from DVLA, it will either cost you £2.50 or £5.00 to do so.
[email protected]
Car(s): I lost my 2.0s cardinal red Capri, A382 KWW. I'd like to buy it back but know it's full history. I've been searching for it
Jeremy waters York

I have finally found my Capri 2.0s. My red special as I call it.
A guy kindly contacted me to let me know she is safe and he has flushed it out and put new hoses on, sent me a couple of pics, looks great. Although someone has put a thin stripe on the side :o .
He is somewhere in the Wembley area, but wouldn't say exactly. I'm not the sort to have it pinched !! But if you are reading this, please sell it back to me .
When you have something for 27 years (and thought you still did have it) then someone swindles you out of it, really gets to you. I know it's only a car but We have been through lots together.
At least she's safe and in good hands.
Said to my wife tonight, I hope I get her back before I die. Some of you may think I'm a bit sad but! Means a lot to me.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

None of us will think your mad as we all have had other capris / cars and kick our selfs for selling them .
Hope you get her back . Keep us updated .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

[email protected] wrote:Hi hopefully someone may know who has this car cardinal red 2.0s a382 KWW

I owned this car from about 1986 until around 4 years ago. I GAVE it to a guy (Paul, trying to remember his surname in sedgefield) as he renovated classic cars, I said he could have it use it, but if he ever decided to sell it. He must offer to sell it back to me. The car was immaculate inside, externally needed a bit of work the doors had dropped and a hole on the inside of the rear window next to rubber seal. The only paint it had was when some (low life) put a key down either side twenty years ago, not the best repair although cost me a bit at a local garage. (Never used again!)
I have tried to contact the guy but now find he sold it ( against his word and our agreement) I have all the info on this car and if anyone can help I'd like to buy it back please.

Owned this car a long time wouldn't sell it hence my agreement, to whom I thought was a decent guy. No money changed hands as it was a loan.

Please let me know if anyone knows who has it.
Jez waters York
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but perhaps when you "gave" the car to this Paul (not me I hasten to add!) and if you had really wanted it back when he had finished with it, you should have had a written contract with him stating the conditions of the "gift" or whether it indeed was a "loan". If it was a gift then the bloke was entitled to do whatever he wanted with the car despite you asking for first refusal if he ever sold it.

If it was a "loan" with a written contract, just like when you get a bank loan, then he would have been bound to comply with the contract or you would have been able to take legal measures to get the car back or compensated for its sale.

It's a lesson for everyone handing over a valuable item thet if you wanted it handled or worked on in a specific way or in this case you want it back then get it in writing.

At least the car wasn't broken up for parts and is still giving someone some pleasure and I hope one day the person that owns it now will give you the opportunity to buy it back, but I doubt that will be at 2012 prices.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

I'm with Paul G on this one.
Unless there's a contractual obligation, or something legally binding, then there's no reason to assume or expect anything from anyone regardless of what may have been promised or agreed upon.
This is the real world, people are people, they suck in general, they lie and will always let you down, so we should never assume "the best", especially when there's something valuable involved as money corrupts all.
If it was as valuable to you as you say you should have put better things in place to assure the desired outcome for all parties involved.
Might sound harsh but unfortunately that's just the world we live in isn't it? Otherwise this exact sort of thing happens.
Hopefully though you get your car back but you never know what someone else's circumstances are so we shouldn't be demonizing this other person in the process.
[email protected]
Jeremy waters York

Hi all, yes it was foolish.
It was a gentlemans agreement , I always stick to my word. But have learnt a lesson from this. Should have written it down.
It was given to him (absolutely no money changed hands) just the provisor as stated if you ever sell then it must be to me.
The stupid thing is (and most annoying) is if he had rung/contacted me I would have happily paid his price !

Thanks for posting that pic, she does look great

Jez waters
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

I can understand how you feel. Its so annoying when people just conveniently forget the arrangements they have committed to. After something similar happened to me a few years ago I now make sure any agreement is done in writing even if it's just an email. Good fences make good neighbours.

Do you think you will make an offer on the car now and get her back ?