New Car Programme on TV Soon

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:Now that’s one rare Capri , so that’s two we know of . Great picture as well Andrew :beer:
Thanks Jason. It's not often you see a white JPS, especially a 1.6, so you can imagine my surprise to see it parked in a car park in front of a tower block.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes because a 1.6 jps does stick out might be a Capri fan who does not do shows . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

A quick reminder that Modern Wheels or Classic Steals starts tonight at 8 on Dave.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Cheers for the heads up Iam 20 mins late
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Did anybody else watch it?
I watched both episodes and I enjoyed them both. There were an interesting and varied selection of cars for the buyers to choose from, but I wonder if any of them actually bought the car they selected?

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I watched but missed a bit of the first one . I did enjoy it as it makes a change to see people have a choice and old cars are harder to drive then new ones but I would have picked what they picked . Never been in a frog eye but I don’t think I could get in one .
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Missed them both as I was out....
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:I watched but missed a bit of the first one . I did enjoy it as it makes a change to see people have a choice and old cars are harder to drive then new ones but I would have picked what they picked . Never been in a frog eye but I don’t think I could get in one .
I was surprised that she chose the Sprite. She didn't seem the type that would put with with the niggles that you get with an old car.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Missed them both as I was out....
It's worth giving it a try next week. Don't expect any in-depth descriptions of the cars though. Four cars are featured in each half-hour show, so after the intro etc is taken out each car features for about 5 minutes. The main gripe about these shows can be the presenters, in this case I thought the presenters were OK, their characters certainly didn't grate on me.
The format of the show is sort of reminiscent of Used Car Roadshow (remember that?) with Penny Mallory and Jason Dawe.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Missed them both as I was out....
It's worth giving it a try next week. Don't expect any in-depth descriptions of the cars though. Four cars are featured in each half-hour show, so after the intro etc is taken out each car features for about 5 minutes. The main gripe about these shows can be the presenters, in this case I thought the presenters were OK, their characters certainly didn't grate on me.
The format of the show is sort of reminiscent of Used Car Roadshow (remember that?) with Penny Mallory and Jason Dawe.

Andrew.
The Mrs watched it as I had set it before my plans for the evening changed. She said it was ok but wasn't too keen on the presenters.....

Yes, I remember Used Car Roadshow :) 2007 ish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFqgS-IHmXE
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Yes, I remember Used Car Roadshow :) 2007 ish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFqgS-IHmXE
Brilliant!
Showing it's age though.....I don't believe you'll be able to buy a nice condition 280 for around £9K now! :D

Andrew.
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

I've not seen that new one yet, although seen the add.
I've spent the last few days losing my mind with frustration.....binging on Fast and Loud, Wheeler Dealers, Car Sausage, Sin City.....
Blah blah blah due to tearing the tendons in my right knee.
Rare time off work and I can't even take a piss or make a brew without help on crutches... :swear: :banghead:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

timfromull wrote:binging on.......Car Sausage
What the heck is that? I tried Googling it but all I got was (no sniggering at the back of class) a story about a German man attacking a car with his sausage....yes really! :)

Sorry to hear about your knee, by the way. It doesn't sound like much fun.

Andrew.
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Lol.........Car SOS... on the show they refer to themselves as Car Sausage.
The bloke attacking his car with a sausage sounds better though... :kebab:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Lost the plot on this and Andrew watching a man beat his car with a sausage ?

Must be the storms that are hitting the west side of this small island we live on ...... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

timfromull wrote:Lol.........Car SOS... on the show they refer to themselves as Car Sausage.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was beginning to wonder what you'd been watching! :D
I haven't heard the SOS boys mention that as I'm not a huge fan of Car Sausage so I haven't watched that many episodes.

Andrew.
timfromull

Post by timfromull »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
timfromull wrote:Lol.........Car SOS... on the show they refer to themselves as Car Sausage.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was beginning to wonder what you'd been watching! :D
I haven't heard the SOS boys mention that as I'm not a huge fan of Car Sausage so I haven't watched that many episodes.

Andrew.
No me neither.........Tim's antics and blagging, as we've discussed before are so annoyingly irritating .. but I'm scraping the barrel now, even watching Fatty Brewer sitting on bonnets, through gritted teeth... :twak:
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

If you've run out of car stuff to watch, look up Project Binky on Youtube. Been mentioned on here before. An ambitious car project, involving lots of skill and creativity.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

timfromull wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:

I always have a small tear in my eye with Car SOS yes Tim plays the fool what is all staged but I can live with that .
Andrew.
No me neither.........Tim's antics and blagging, as we've discussed before are so annoyingly irritating .. but I'm scraping the barrel now, even watching Fatty Brewer sitting on bonnets, through gritted teeth... :twak:
Now that Brewer Marie the boss of the houses can’t stand him she will leave the room because of him on the TV and I will say the show is look how big I have made it in the USA . Saying that I will watch the Capri one .
:banghead: rant over and sorry about that .

Also Noel thanks for the heads up will check that out on you tube . One person who seems to have a love for the under dogs of car is Hub Nut check his you tubes .
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Did anybody else watch it?
I watched both episodes and I enjoyed them both. There were an interesting and varied selection of cars for the buyers to choose from
I watched them & enjoyed them too. It’s not the best car guys program out there but you get to see a great cross section of the types of car you’d see at a Queen Square or Haynes Breakfast meet & get a feel for what the lay person thinks after driving them.
So far the choices made have been by the heart not the head, right up my street. Certainly didn’t buy my Capri because of its mpg or practicality :D