What....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: What....

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
-JC- wrote: Probably just they they've either: got the money to replace anything that breaks / they're confident it's been well engineered to handle it / they care more about showing off than the damage they're doing.
:agree: Some young lads feel the need to show off in front of a crowd.
I suppose we were all young once (a long time ago in my case...) and we've probably all made a fool of ourselves in public at one time or another, although not necessarily in a car. I suppose all it needs to kerb this sort of behaviour is one copper stood at the exit of shows, but obviously Police forces don't have the budget available for that.

Andrew.

All we have a story there :whistle:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
jackinthegreen
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser (fair-weather daily driver)
Ford Mustang 5.0 GT (rain/ice/salt daily driver)

Previous moderns:
Ford Focus RS MK2 (traded in)
Jaguar Sovereign (traded in)
Jaguar X-Type 2.5 auto (traded in)
Vauxhall Astra MK4 1.6i 8v spi (exported to Poland)
Vauxhall Astra MK3 1.4i 8v mpi (broken for parts)

Re: What....

Post by jackinthegreen »

Even as a teenager I knew not to thrash a car from cold... leaving a car show or whatever, your engine hasn't had chance to warm up properly, even if the temperature gauge is up and the thermostat's open (look at the oil pressure and it'll still be high). If you've seen a particular car driven like this, would you really want to buy it if it ever came up for sale? It undoes all that hard work restoring, tuning and detailing!